PDA

View Full Version : Kitty Alarm Clocks?

dukedogsmom
02-24-2008, 06:35 PM
Does anyone else have one? Doogie has taken to waking my poor mom up every morning at 4:30! And when he wakes her, she has to go to the restroom. He then proceeds to go back to sleep. She works a few days a week and has to get up at 6. So on the days that she doesn't work, if she's not up, he thinks it's his job to get her up then, too. Crazy cat. Anyone else have these kind of kitties?

Taz_Zoee
02-24-2008, 06:44 PM
Yup! I get up each weekday at 5am. So on the weekends Taz makes sure I'm awake so I can feed him. It was horrible when the time changed, he was waking me up (and sometimes still does) starting at 3:30am. Sometimes if he starts in on me too early, I'll shut him out of the bedroom. That works for a while and then he'll sit at the door and meow.
But I love my alarm clock!!:D:D

Freedom
02-24-2008, 07:13 PM
At least he is doing your mom a favor, getting her up for work on time! He doesn't understand days off.

My cats are more selfish. They wake me at 7 each morning for their breakfast! And yes, changing clocks takes about 2 to 3 weeks to change their internal settings. :rolleyes:

Katelf
02-24-2008, 07:14 PM
My black cat Sid (short for Obsidian) wakes me up at 5:45 am in order for me to feed him and the other kitties. Never deviates from that time, the little scamp.

We play a game on the weekends though, he wakes me, and I cover my head. He then looks for any evidence of a hand or foot sticking out somewhere. No luck? Then he stands on top of me and jumps! I always giggle (or groan depending where he jumps) and so he knows I'm awake. I open the covers and he looks at me. I scoop him and hug him and let him go really quick. He leaps off the bed and looks at me. He knows I'm up!

It makes me laugh every morning. A good way to wake up! :D

krazyaboutkatz
02-25-2008, 12:31 AM
Yes, I have a big orange one named Sunny.:) He sometimes tries to wake me up as early as 5am and Mon.-Fri. I don't get up until 6:30am. I take a shower first so I can wake up and then I feed them around 7:15am or so.

On weekends he'll try the same thing but I keep ignoring him until 7:15am or so. After I feed them, get them fresh water, and clean all of the litterboxes then I go back to bed.

It also doesn't seem to matter when I last fed Sunny. Last night I was up very late and I fed all them their last feeding at close to 1am. Sunny was still trying to wake me up very early and he started at about 6am. When I fed them around 7:15am they all seemed like they were starving even though they had only eaten about 6 hours before.

jennielynn1970
02-25-2008, 06:09 AM
My guys are the same way!!! I can be up till 2 or 3 am, give them a snack, and then at 5:30, Honeybun is standing on my chest bellowing at me because I'm starving him! He's such a demanding boy! With him it's not just a certain time (every morning at 5:30 on the dot (15 mins BEFORE my alarm goes off :rolleyes: ), but if I ever lie down to take a nap, or to try to get rid of a headache, when I get up, it's like it's a signal "OH, she's getting out of bed! We have to have food again!" and he'll run around and yell at me until I give him something to eat. And heaven forbid I actually get up and go to the bathroom before feeding them! That's just torture for them! :p :rolleyes:

emily_the_spoiled
02-25-2008, 08:44 AM
Charlie has figured out that if he grabs my braid at the base and pulls (really hard), I will wake up in very short order :rolleyes: Usually he only does this on weekends when I get to sleep later than my regular 5:45AM alarm...

moosmom
02-25-2008, 08:50 AM
Maya Linn is my 4 legged alarm clock. She gets me up at 6 a.m. by taking a running leap off of whatever part of my body happens to be exposed at the time. If that doesn't work, she'll sit on that exposed body part, stare at me and meow till I open my eyes. If I pretend to be asleep, or open one eye and continue to ignore her, she bites me on the nose. THAT gets me up!!!

Cats, can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.

Randi
02-25-2008, 09:45 AM
Gosh, you all get up very early! The perfect time to get up for me is about 8-9, but of course I can't do that when I'm working.

Fister jumps up in bed in the mornings, but John and I had him really well trained, so he won't make a huge effort to wake me up, but go and lay down again - quite civilised. ;) Sometimes when he tries a little later, I scoop him up close and put the duvet over (not his head though). It's only recently he puts up with that, and he won't stay more than 5 min.

When I do get up, he's there immidiately taking my spot on the pillow. He'll stay there until I come back from my shower, and we have a good cuddle. :D There's nothing better than soft fur against your naked skin, is there!

cassiesmom
02-25-2008, 11:06 AM
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u164/kchuk7/cassie003.jpg
Cassie here. I am diligent about waking my servant between 3 and 4 AM by using my teeth to shred whatever paper I can find ... catalogs, magazines, book pages... so she will give me half of my breakfast. She feeds me and in return, I allow her to go back to sleep until the alarm on her alarm clock buzzes. There are some mornings when I've awakened her during the 2 AM hour when I am very hungry. You see, I don't especially like the leftovers she gives me from supper, so sometimes I only eat my dry food and wait for breakfast.

I have her verrrrrrrrry well trained! She loves me!

Barbara
02-25-2008, 11:18 AM
I am diligent about waking my servant between 3 and 4 AM by using my teeth to shred whatever paper I can find ... catalogs, magazines, book pages...

Hi Cassie, Filou here! I think you discovered a very good method.
Another one is just to run over them - you jump up on the left side of the bed, run over whatever is under and jump down on the right side. Then you go back to the left and repeat.

If all doesn't help and they roll themselves in a looomg paw with just a tiny little touch of a claw at their noses will do the trick.

They tell me all the time I have to eat- so I need an early breakfast at 2.30 a.m. My dad moans but he gives it to me. :D He loves me too :D

Jessika
02-25-2008, 05:02 PM
Not only do I have a kitty alarm clock... I have doggie alarm clocks too :)

DJFyrewolf36
02-26-2008, 01:13 AM
When I was working days when I first got Remus he woke me up precicely 10 minutes before my alarm went off. Even on the weekends he figured I just HAD to be up at 6am watching him go through cat crazies at first by himself and later with Spook :rolleyes: Once I started working at night I would either just be getting home or going to bed when the cat crazies started up and I figured out it wasn't so much him waking me up as it is he just likes to go nuts right around 6. He even does it here lol.
If I forget to fill the water dish or the food dish before I go to bed though he wakes me up JUST as I get to sleep. He can't remind me before I lay down oh no, he has to wait for at least an hour or two lol. I think the other cats use him as an ambasidor as he is never first to the dish when I DO get up and fill it but he is the only one that even attempts to wake me up. I think they all know that Remus is very good at his job :D

Sparklecoon
02-26-2008, 01:17 AM
When I first got Tip-Tip she was the anti-alarm clock. When the radio would go off int he morning she'd march over and bat at the snooze button til it'd shut off than march back to her spot to sleep. No early risers in my house!

shais_mom
02-26-2008, 04:49 AM
I'm lucky in the respect neither of my cats wake me. Altho I do have a doggie alarm clock some days she sits in front of me panting to go out.
Kylie is just as content being wrapped up in my arms sleeping as anything.
Kloe doesn't normally bother me either.
But I keep food out for them most of the time even tho sometimes it gets low.
And they are really laid back when it comes to the litter boxes as well. I only have to scoop 2-3 times a week.

kittycats_delight
02-26-2008, 05:27 AM
I have 1 kitty alarm...VIXEN the deluxe model!!! :rolleyes:

Vixen starts at 5AM or there abouts every morning. It doesn't matter if we do not go to bed until 3AM and feed them all at that time. At 5AM Vixen wants out of the room and sits on the desk and clicks on the handle of the door. It is a lever type and it clicks each time it is pushes down even if it isn't pushes far enough down to open. She doesn't want out of the room for food usually. I HAVE to go out with her. She heads straight for the living room and chats to me as she hops up on the sofa and bids me to come give her bellyrubs. :eek:

EXCUSE ME MIZ DIVA BUT IT IS 5AM.

She just gives me sweet loving moo moo eyes as if to say 'But Mommy I love you'

I give her about 5 minutes of belly rubs and go back to bed. Around 6AM she returns and jumps up on the bed and starts chatting to me again. NOW is feed me time. Up out of bed again and feed the brats.

She continues coming into the room and waking me for rubs, and whatnot until I get up. Usually around 9AM. When I FINALLY get up and follow her she flops in the middle of the hall floor belly up and looks at me as if to say 'What...you know I just wanted you out of bed.' Then she proceeds to go back to bed. :rolleyes:

catmandu
02-26-2008, 05:13 PM
Michael , Who I Amm Convinced Is Daef Starts Bellowing At 7 Sharp If Theres No Food Out For Him, And Then The Anvil Chorus Starts In And The Young Ones Start Racing Arounds Like Caged Tigers.
I Thought When I Retired I Could Take It Easy.

ChrisH
02-27-2008, 01:07 PM
Ebby doesn't try to wake me but once she knows I am awake she gets on the bed and purrs me out of bed. :D

Bob used to be my doggy alarm clock until I moved home, now all he can do is stare through the pet gate and push toys through the cat flap. :)

GILL
02-27-2008, 02:06 PM
Lenny is my wifes alarm at 5:15 every morning. He tried me a couple of times and found that I don't get up. So he will jump from me to my wife untill she wakes. After every one is fed she will return to bed. At this point It's my turn Mits will cuddle untill my wife returns. On week ends he will give me a "wet willie" with a very load purr. Once I am up he will curl in my spot for about an hour or so.

Don Juan's mom
02-27-2008, 03:40 PM
Don Juan has taken to sitting on my chest and licking my face ALL over at around 4 or 5 am for his breakfast and Feline Greenies. Sometimes after I go back to bed, he'll hop on the bed and lick me some more, so I get the sandpaper-tongue facial AND cat food breath. :p

All right, I'll admit it, he's spoiled.

Liz

dukedogsmom
03-10-2008, 09:47 PM
My but this is funny! The one night that Doogie didn't wake up mother, Dasher did. It was back when he was being locked in the room with her. She didn't have to get up that morning and Doogie was sleeping. At 4a.m., Dasher props his front paws on the bed in front of her to wake her up. Once she's awake, he went back to sleep :D Our animals sure make us laugh. And they are smarter than we think. Doogie slept through the time change and left mom alone.

columbine
03-10-2008, 11:02 PM
Smudge waits until I start making wake-up rustlings and gruntings, then jumps on the bed and tries to convince me NOT to get up. "No, no, it's too early, let's just lie here and cuddle." It's hard to say no to 16 pounds of cute...

ahart44
03-11-2008, 04:53 AM
yep yep....I also have one of those furry alarm clocks that dont have a snooze button lol. My baby Bella starts in at 5am because she wants her breakfast. Its not too bad on the days I have to work becasue I need to be up anyways but on my days off its not fun. But as soon as she and her sister have eaten its bath time and then bed time lol. They jump back into the still warm bed and snuggle under the pillows. I get so jealous lol. :D

cassiesmom
01-17-2011, 05:48 PM
This is an old thread, but I'm bumping it up because I saw a funny Facebook post today about a cat alarm clock :D

My cat alarm clock is set to the same time for weekdays and weekends. It's a bit later than it used to be, because I've changed her food. Still early, though- it's now between 5 and 5:30 AM :eek:! If I don't respond to her initial requests, she meows louder! STinker. I go back to bed after I feed her on the weekends, but I often think I shouldn't... I could be productive with those hours if I only stayed out of bed. What to do... zzzz... zzzz....

phesina
01-17-2011, 06:20 PM
This is an old thread, but I'm bumping it up because I saw a funny Facebook post today about a cat alarm clock :D

My cat alarm clock is set to the same time for weekdays and weekends. It's a bit later than it used to be, because I've changed her food. Still early, though- it's now between 5 and 5:30 AM :eek:! If I don't respond to her initial requests, she meows louder! STinker. I go back to bed after I feed her on the weekends, but I often think I shouldn't... I could be productive with those hours if I only stayed out of bed. What to do... zzzz... zzzz....

My Sydney has never gone back from Daylight Savings Time.. instead of starting to waken me from 4:30am on, now he starts at (what I think of as Standard Time) 3:30am!