PDA

View Full Version : Please pray really hard for nick...

carole
02-24-2008, 05:16 PM
I am so worried and upset right now i can hardly type this, nick is fighting for his life right now, he is having mini dialysis ,please pray with everything you have got that this works,they are doing this to save his life,oh my god i just cannot believe this is happening.

Medusa
02-24-2008, 05:45 PM
Prayers were started for Nick this morning and I'll bump up the volume tonight during my evening prayer time. Miracles happen every day and Nick can be a miracle, too. Keep the faith and know that all is well in spirit. What is invisible can be made visible. I will pray w/out ceasing.....

Catty1
02-24-2008, 06:03 PM
Huge prayers coming Nick's way!

I hope they get the stuff cleaned out of his blood and he can get on the road to better health.

{{{{hugs}}}}

Freedom
02-24-2008, 07:31 PM
Prayers from RI on the way.

ramanth
02-24-2008, 07:50 PM
Many prayers for Nick!!

carole
02-24-2008, 08:17 PM
Thanks again my dear friends, i have an update,nick has a 50/50 chance of the treatment working and saving some kidney function,otherwise he will need a kidney transplant, i just cannot believe how fast this disease has progressed, it say's that about it, but this is so rapid,one cannot fathom it.

Without the treatment he would have died, we don't know if it is working yet or not, but we have to continue to hope for the best possible outcome from this.

He certainly is not out of the woods yet and has a long way to go,it could go either way,so i am thinking positive thoughts and hoping for a miracle indeed.

Sadly there was no time to waste and they could not attend the fertility clinic,the treatment was needed immediately as his condition was life threatening.

Kidney donors are as rare as hen's teeth here, unless you are lucky enough to have a compatible family member, let us hope it does not come to this.

Will keep you all updated as i hear,thanks for listening, it helps to share and brings me comfort at this anxious time.

jennielynn1970
02-24-2008, 09:07 PM
Prayers going out for Nick...

Our one custodian in school finally got his transplant last year. He ended up with pneumonia right after it and was in the hospital for at least a month, but he's back now, and seems much better.

Hope Nick will have good luck and if a transplant is needed, a donor will be available.

Felicia's Mom
02-24-2008, 09:27 PM
Nick is in my prayers!

Catty1
02-25-2008, 12:17 AM
A person can survive just fine on one kidney, so maybe some family members can decide to get tested to see if they are a match?

HUGS and more prayers for Nick!

Carole - I know he used to work with cars and chemicals. Did he wear a face mask to filter stuff out?

Just wondering if any financial help from the company would be available for all this.

Prayers still coming.

krazyaboutkatz
02-25-2008, 12:43 AM
Carole, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

dukedogsmom
02-25-2008, 02:12 AM
So very sorry to hear this. The idea about testing family members is a good one. Yes, people can survive on one kidney. I hope he's blessed with a match.

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-25-2008, 04:04 AM
Lots of getting-better-wishes coming your way, Nick!!

moosmom
02-25-2008, 09:16 AM
Carole,

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers, as always.

((((HUGS))))

Donna and crew

carole
02-25-2008, 12:46 PM
Yes Nick alway's wore a face mask, there is no definite proof the disease was caused by this, as it can be viral too, but we strongly believe it was,but there is no way we can prove it.

Yes i am aware you can survive on one kidney, at this stage it has not come to that, we are still hoping the treatment will save his kidney's,as transplants are not easy to come by here unless you have a match in the family,and it is a big ask either way,besides your life span is limited on dialysis and with a transplant, this young many is only 25,so you can understand how we feel, we are still hoping for that miracle and that indeed they will be saved, have not given up hope yet.

lvpets2002
02-25-2008, 04:36 PM
:( So Sorry Carol about Nick.. Sending Lots of Prayers Prayers && Huggss..

beeniesmom
02-25-2008, 04:39 PM
Hugs and prayers for Nick.

carole
02-25-2008, 04:45 PM
Thank you all, Nick is having another plasma exchange done today, last night took over five hours, instead of a couple due to clotting etc, apparently the exchange helps to remove the autoantibodies which are attacking his organs,he will need quite a few of these i believe,so far his spirits are good and he is being positive about it all,so far the tests are are showing negative, but they know things are not right,so they cannot tell if it is working yet, confusing, and annoying,just have to think good thoughts and keep hoping a miracle will occurr.

They maybe able to get some financial help through ACC,accident compensation,but it is not a definite at all, but worth pursuing, it cannot be proved it was caused through his job, but then they cannot prove it wasn't either, so there is a gray area there, but we are hoping he may get some compensation there, to at least help them through this time,but it remains to be seen and we are not holding our breaths.

lvpets2002
02-26-2008, 11:09 AM
:( Prayers Prayers && More Prayers && Lotsss of Huggss..

Lilith Cherry
02-26-2008, 11:16 AM
Still keeping Nick in my prayers Carole.. I hope he is doing well today and keeping in good spirits.

Catty1
02-26-2008, 02:24 PM
It's good to hear his spirits are good...it sounds like he is in good hands, and there is hope while there is spirited life!

Carole, tons of prayers going out to him and all his family.

How is Charlene holding up?

carole
02-26-2008, 02:25 PM
Depending on his blood tests etc they may let him home today, i imagine he will have to come in as an outpatient for his plasma exchange daily, but i sure hope they do, as he will be much happier at home with his wife and son around him,although charlene will probably have to go back to work,as she has been taking quite a lot of time off to be with him in hospital.

Thank you for all your kind words of comfort and prayers, everything helps,still hoping for the miracle.

Catty1
02-26-2008, 02:28 PM
That is more hopeful news...they wouldn't let him home if he was seriously critical - and he WILL feel better at home, for sure.

In the USA, some states have a Family Leave Act, which allows for the spouse to take a certain amount of time off to be with an ill husband or wife. Is there anything like that in NZ?

Or - would Charlene feel better being back at work, as she would have something to do?

HUGS and more prayers going out!

carole
02-26-2008, 02:34 PM
No i don't think we have anything like that here,i am not sure though,i think she would rather be at home to be honest, but she has to bring in the money,otherwise they will have nothing,we have a welfare system, but charlene earns good money, so because of that they are not entitled to anything,i think nick is taking holiday pay at the moment, so things are not crucial at this stage, it is further down the track we have to be concerned about.

yes on monday his condition was life threatening, but now it is not, thank goodness, i think they are just trying to save his kidney's now,and remove the autoantibodies that are attacking his organs,still they let him out on sunday even though his blood tests were worse, and then monday it was life threatening, does not give you that much faith in them really.

I just know he will be much happier in his own surroundings as we all are, hospitals are no fun.

Anyhow fingers and all paws crossed for some good news today.

AdoreMyDogs
02-26-2008, 03:01 PM
I'm praying for Nick. I am sure he'll be more comfortable at home.