PDA

View Full Version : Shelby County, KY is FULL! Dogs need out NOW!

mugsy
02-23-2008, 10:44 AM
Dear friends in rescue,

http://search.petfinder.com/shelterSearch/shelterSearch.cgi?animal=&breed=&age=&size=&specialNeeds=&declawedPets=&children=&status=&id=&internal=&contact=&name=&shelterid=KY139&sort=&preview=1

I spoke with James this evening. He is filling up again, which means many dogs are getting desperate. A rescue that was going to pull 5 dogs ended up not being able to take the dogs this weekend since the director (and sole participant) spent the week in the hospital and may be going back.

The dogs most urgent are Ruben (which I don’t get because he’s gorgeous!), Pepper and Brownie who came in together almost 3 ½ months ago, and Thelma and Louise. I’m also afraid for poor little Ike! He is being forced to spend his formidable time in the shelter. I have NO idea why he has not been snapped up. He is adorable and still a pup. Foxy is another one who is a pup and no one seems to want. There are many very adoptable dogs here that are just sitting there whose only crime is their color or their breed. That just doesn’t seem quite fair to me…

Also, if you are aware of any cat rescues, there are many adoptable cats as well!

I have included the link to the website at the top of the email. Please, please, please, consider saving these babies. James’ number at the shelter is 502-633-0009 and his email is [email protected]. Thank you so much for your consideration. If you are not a rescue, or breed specific, please help by forwarding to any rescues on your contact list.

As is always the case, I am offering my services of coordinating the transport if you would like me to.

Molly A. Kendall

[email protected]