PDA

View Full Version : Foods you crave?

Sparklecoon
02-21-2008, 12:55 PM
What kind of foods do you crave on a regular basis. Include any cravings (weird or normal) you may have had while pregnant.

Normal cravings for me include Chocolate, Steak, and most recently fresh avacado.

pitc9
02-21-2008, 01:14 PM
For me... it's Chocolate Peanut Butter ice cream. YUM!!!
Also fresh fruit, I can't live without it!
Blueberries, Strawberries, Watermelon, bananas.. Oh I could go on and on!

smokey the elder
02-21-2008, 02:38 PM
Never been preggers; sometimes I just jones for peanut butter on a toasted bagel.

dukedogsmom
02-21-2008, 03:09 PM
#1 has to be chocolate! Another is pizza.

kittycats_delight
02-21-2008, 03:26 PM
Pizza here too I have to have pizza atleast once a week. Another for me is pescarancio gelato. And I get major cravings for pepsi sometimes. I rarely drink pop at all but every now and then I get a gut wrenching craving for Pepsi and I will have to have several before the craving goes away then it could be 6 months or even a year before I will want another. I also get cravings for herb & garlic cream cheese and bagels. And all kinds of fresh fruit. When I start craving fresh fruit it is usually weeks I hardly eat anything but. :o

Ginger's Mom
02-21-2008, 03:44 PM
Chocolate is definitely number one. Followed closely by chocolate covered mint patties, then mint chocolate chip ice cream (seeing a pattern here? ;) ).

Cookiebaker
02-21-2008, 03:59 PM
When i was pregnant, i craved eggs -- especially hard boiled ones. When i am not pregnant, i crave things like broccoli and cauliflower with cheese.

Alysser
02-21-2008, 04:30 PM
Michelle, I see why you crave pizza! Italy has some of the best Pizza, ok I need to stop with the REAL Italian pizza talk before I get really hungry.

I get cravings for cheese and pepperoni pizza, Applebees or Perkins chicken tenders, Mozzarella sticks, Cheddar cheese and crackers. Apples and peanut butter, cheese fries, burgers, diced peaches, chocolate with strawberries, chocolate milk, coke, and chicken Parmesan.

Anyone notice how unhealthy all this is? :rolleyes:

Chilli
02-21-2008, 04:33 PM
I regularly crave Boca Burgers(soy), fresh fruit, & veggies. Yumm. :)

beeniesmom
02-21-2008, 04:58 PM
I always crave Pasta and Pizza! :D

davidpizzica
02-21-2008, 04:58 PM
Right now my biggest craving is for Frechetta(sp?) pizza! Before I can have one though I have to get a new oven!! Another thing I'm hooked on is tapioca pudding. Love it!

Pam
02-21-2008, 05:01 PM
Ice cream definitely. It is the most nearly perfect food. :) In the morning I crave my mug of coffee. Could not face the day without it. :p

Suki Wingy
02-21-2008, 05:17 PM
poptarts and pop. Really bad, I know, and it even makes my stomach hurt afterwards so I'm trying to stop. I don't understand what's so great about pizza, just the smell repulses me.

Crazy-Cat-Lover
02-21-2008, 05:35 PM
Found out I am pregnant with our third - and have been having some cravings. Last night, it was salt water taffy and Mr. Noodles. With previous two pregnancies, I craved salty/spicy. This one, I am craving sweets - it's hard for me to enjoy "savory" foods anymore lol. I once had a craving for jalapeno and pickle sandwiches. :p

kt_luvs_kitties
02-21-2008, 08:52 PM
I crave Sushi always. Almost everyday :o

I crave Mountain dew and Ice cream. I also like gummy worms :D

Cincy'sMom
02-21-2008, 10:01 PM
Pizza, definatly. I could eat it that everyday! Sushi is another one. Licorice.

K9karen
02-22-2008, 12:04 AM
Most recently, stuffed grape leaves and horseradish hummus. I always crave Mexican.

Karen
02-22-2008, 12:35 AM
Sadly, lots of the time it is food I can no longer eat because of allergies I have developed. Sigh.

But I can still eat chocolate and ice cream and cheese and all sorts of good stuff!

Ginger's Mom
02-22-2008, 05:52 AM
Oooh, yesterday I was craving a Wawa Roast Beef hoagie. Once I start craving them I keep craving them for about three weeks, then I will be fine for about six months or so.

kittycats_delight
02-22-2008, 06:23 AM
I always crave Pasta and Pizza! :D

LOL That's a good italian girl :p

kittycats_delight
02-22-2008, 06:29 AM
poptarts and pop. Really bad, I know, and it even makes my stomach hurt afterwards so I'm trying to stop. I don't understand what's so great about pizza, just the smell repulses me.

Eva...pizza here in Italy is completely different than North American pizza. I can't stand and refuse to eat pizza outside of Italy. There are so many different kinds and they are not your typical pepperoni pizza. BTW...pepperoni isn't even italian. peperoni is actually peppers and the spicy meat 'pepperoni' is a spicy salami. Some pizza here doesn't have tomato at all. My husband's aunt only eats 'white' pizza. It has a cream sauce instead of tomato sauce and it so nice. Completely different than 'regular' pizza. I find a lot of times what we think of as traditional food is completely different in that country. This is one reason I love to travel so much. You really get to experience foods as they were meant to be in their native lands.

Suki Wingy
02-22-2008, 07:28 PM
I should try some then! I think it's the cheezy grease. I'm lactose intolerant so that's probably why I hate it. "Chicago style" deep dish is the grossest, and it's everywhere here!

caseysmom
02-22-2008, 07:38 PM
I am a wierdo I have had pizza in Italy and here and don't really care for it either place. I would pick the pizza in Italy over here though, it was 26 years ago but I think it was just better. I loved loved loved the ameretto in Italy though :D

CamCamPup33
02-22-2008, 09:36 PM
It doesn't matter when, where, or what time of day...i always want a big glass of chocolate milk. I don't think i've gone more than two days without one since i was two. :p As for food cravings.. Grilled cheese!

kittycats_delight
02-23-2008, 05:49 AM
I should try some then! I think it's the cheezy grease. I'm lactose intolerant so that's probably why I hate it. "Chicago style" deep dish is the grossest, and it's everywhere here!

I'm lactose intolerant too. There are a lot of us folks like that it seems. The cheese they use here is completely different. They use 'real' mozzarella. You can also get it with buffalo mozzarella that has no grease or old at all. I know what you mean about deep dish pizza. Blech !!!! I like my pizza super thin crust. yummy :D

kittycats_delight
02-23-2008, 06:06 AM
I am a wierdo I have had pizza in Italy and here and don't really care for it either place. I would pick the pizza in Italy over here though, it was 26 years ago but I think it was just better. I loved loved loved the ameretto in Italy though :D

Gotta love the amaretto. One of my favorites. There is another I love too it is Mandarinetto I think you can figure what it is made with (mandarins). Buoni

You know each region is different for pizza. My husband says you haven't had a pizza until you have had a pizza in Napoli. And each pizza maker is different too. We have tried so many it is unreal. We have our favorites. Within Vicenza there are only 2 we really like but 1 above all. The pizza maker is just out of this world. I think it is the matter of finding a good pizza maker because there may only be a few that make a pizza YOU like. :)

joycenalex
02-23-2008, 02:15 PM
coffee! when i had the gastric bypass surgery; in the "this is what your new life foods will be like" session, my very first question was was can i still drink coffee? happily, they said..."in modest amounts..." HA! my favorite snack is popcorn with real butter . i love salsas, avocados and lately i've been blending grapefruits, splenda and no fat greek style yogurts, then freezing it, kind of like a popsicle. and i have never peen pregnant, so i cannot speak to those cravings.