PDA

View Full Version : Have You Decided Yet?

lizbud
02-21-2008, 11:17 AM
Normally I would have picked a candidate to support in the upcoming
presidential election but, not this time.I just have not been able to decide. :(

There are so many pressing issues in our country that need to be addressed
and the sooner the better but, I can't seem to decide which way to go.
Have you made up your mind yet?

kuhio98
02-21-2008, 11:28 AM
No, I haven't decided yet either. I keep waiting for someone to say something based on reality and a definite, specific plan. So far, it's all generalities, hopes, dreams and promises. Promises, that don't seem based in reality.

I wish I could believe those promises, but I've heard them before and I've seen die time and time again after the person gets elected and finds that they cannot force them through the system.

lvpets2002
02-21-2008, 11:32 AM
:) No sad to state I have not decided either.. I just havn't heard the right stuff said yet.. Right now I will have to admitt I am worried if anyone of them get to the Big Office.. The 2 Democrates are to have a big Debate tonight in Austin & I will for sure listen to that..

Ginger's Mom
02-21-2008, 11:42 AM
No, I haven't decided yet either. I keep waiting for someone to say something based on reality and a definite, specific plan. So far, it's all generalities, hopes, dreams and promises. Promises, that don't seem based in reality.

I wish I could believe those promises, but I've heard them before and I've seen die time and time again after the person gets elected and finds that they cannot force them through the system.
Did I write that? :D Sorry, I just couldn't resist. I don't think at this point they do get into specifics of how they are going to enact their plans, that partially has to be approved by the party in June. But, it was funny when I saw your post, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Pam
02-21-2008, 11:52 AM
Liz I am surprised that no one has started a thread like this until now. Given the two Democratic choices I find myself leaning toward Obama. McCain scares me a little actually. I too would like to hear more on the plans they all have so I will continue to listen to all of the debates and then decide. ;)

Edwina's Secretary
02-21-2008, 12:01 PM

Yup!

moosmom
02-21-2008, 12:09 PM
Yup, I've made up my mind.

Since McCain is too old, and Romney is just plain dumber than a bag of hair. Then there's Huckabee, yeah right.

That leaves two choices, Obama and Clinton. And since there has NEVER been a woman president, and all the MEN that have run this country have run it into the ground, I say...

CLINTON!!! CLINTON!!!! CLINTON!!!

Let's face it, women know how to balance budgets (they do it in their everyday life), stretch a buck, keep the peace, etc. Women can do without in order for their families to have what they need. Need I say more??

Oh, and the "hormonal" thing, isn't an issue, so don't bother.

Just my opinion.

Pam
02-21-2008, 12:24 PM
Yup!

This has to be the shortest reply you have ever posted to the Dog House! :p

RICHARD
02-21-2008, 12:26 PM
Huell Howser-
Troy Waugh for Sec of Defense
John McCarthey as the next Chief Justice
And Me as the mayor of Jupiter.

-----------------------

LOL,

Obama wants a change.....Yeah, You'd think that being outta diapers for a while he'd a out grown the notion.

Clinton- Chelsea still has her hormones, so I'll bring that up. ;)

Huckabee plays in a band.....you know what happened the last time we elected a musician.....

What do you call a musicain without a girlfriend?

HOMELESS! One point for Hillary!

Mc Cain knows the pain of actually doing something for his country and I like the way his wife looks at him.

Soooooooooooooooooo

Pat Paulson for President

In absentia, of course.

Pam
02-21-2008, 12:29 PM
Actually most of my family voted for Ron Paul in the primary! ;) :cool: I couldn't because I registered as a Dem years ago, but I really like what the man has to say! I'd like to see him run as an Independent!

davidpizzica
02-21-2008, 12:34 PM
Nope, I haven't yet, because it's like choosing between Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, and Goofy! However like Moosmom I'm leaning toward Ms. Clinton. I was wondering, if she were elected, would that make Bill Clinton "first gentleman??"

Edwina's Secretary
02-21-2008, 01:03 PM
This has to be the shortest reply you have ever posted to the Dog House! :p

I did it just for you Pam! :D :D ;) :p :D :D

caseysmom
02-21-2008, 01:14 PM
Obama for me.

dukedogsmom
02-21-2008, 02:32 PM
I think I have but really, it's a crapshoot. I don't really believe what any of the politicians say any more.

smokey the elder
02-21-2008, 02:40 PM
I like Obama for that most unscientific of reasons: gut feeling. It's as good a parameter to pick someone for public office as any other, in this day and age.

I think he has a better-than-average shot at depolarizing Congress (again, just a gut feeling.) Depolarizing Congress is critical no matter who warms the Oval Office chair.

lvpets2002
02-21-2008, 02:57 PM
:p For All Of Us Undecided my Yardleigh says Hey Attention All = One Paw Up for Me to be Voted In.. :D

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/IMG_0999.jpg

rabidfangirl90
02-21-2008, 03:07 PM
Obama. Definitely.

jackie
02-21-2008, 03:17 PM
Everyday I keep my fingers crossed that Clinton will be elected. I wish I had a vote!

beeniesmom
02-21-2008, 03:35 PM
OBAMA for me, if he gets the nomination.

If it came down to Clinton and McCain... McCain would get my vote.

I think that having a woman president would be great but not this woman.

I could list a few reasons why not to vote for Clinton but I don't want to get into a pi$$ing match here. I feel very strongly about this election.

I pray people will read up in DETAIL about who they vote for and NOT base thier choice on race or gender ... it should be about the ISSUES this country faces and will face.

I love America.

An anonymous poll for this thread would be a good idea. A lot of people probably don't feel like advertising who they are politically affiliated with.

lizbud
02-21-2008, 04:19 PM
[QUOTE=beeniesmom]OBAMA for me, if he gets the nomination.

If it came down to Clinton and McCain... McCain would get my vote.

I think that having a woman president would be great but not this woman.

I could list a few reasons why not to vote for Clinton but I don't want to get into a pi$$ing match here. I feel very strongly about this election.

I pray people will read up in DETAIL about who they vote for and NOT base thier choice on race or gender ... it should be about the ISSUES this country faces and will face.

I love America.

An anonymous poll for this thread would be a good idea. A lot of people probably don't feel like advertising who they are politically affiliated with.[
/QUOTE]

I don't care who you are for or against. Just want to know if you have
made a decision on who to vote for?

This election has been hard for me to make a decision & I've been
stewing about it for a week or so.

beeniesmom
02-21-2008, 04:24 PM
I don't care who you are for or against. Just want to know if you have made a decision on who to vote for?

This election has been hard for me to make a decision & I've been
stewing about it for a week or so.

wow, ok, sorry. :confused:

I just saw this. Don't know if it can offer any help.
http://www.votebyissue.org/election2008/

pitc9
02-21-2008, 04:25 PM
I was wondering, if she were elected, would that make Bill Clinton "first gentleman??"

Yes he would be and would be called that IF we were not a past president, and because of that he'd still be known as President Clinton and she'd be known as Madame President.

And for the record... I don't know who I'm voting for yet.

lizbud
02-21-2008, 04:45 PM
And for the record... I don't know who I'm voting for yet.

I'm glad I'm not alone on this.I lot of my friends have gone "gaga" over
Obama, even comparing him to President JFK but, I can't see it at all.

There are things I like about each person but, :confused:

Pam
02-21-2008, 04:56 PM

I just took the quiz and it looks like I mostly agree with Ron Paul which is what I thought while watching the debates. Actually I think a lot, if not all, of these questions were taken directly from the debates.

Suki Wingy
02-21-2008, 05:10 PM
I agree with Clinton and Obama on most issues. They also happen to agree with me on the ones that are most important to me like gay marriage, abortion, immigration, and national defense.

momoffuzzyfaces
02-21-2008, 05:11 PM
Since I'm a Independent, I have to wait for the two parties to decide who they are going to nominate before I can pick.

What I really really really really wish would happen is that both parties would be desolved and let the people who want to be president run, just on their own merits. Tell me what YOU are going to try and do for the country and stop the Dems do this and Reps do that junk I keep hearing. One group leans this way and the other leans the other way!!! Me, I'm usually a middle of the roader. I usually can see both sides to an issue. May not agree but can at least see them. :rolleyes: :D

Daisy and Delilah
02-21-2008, 05:35 PM
I'm finding it pretty difficult to decide. I like Obama but I think I like Clinton better. I like McCain too :confused:

In the end, I'm guessing that I'll most likely go with Clinton. I think she's a strong person and I think she would do a great job. :)

lizbud
02-21-2008, 05:52 PM
wow, ok, sorry. :confused:

I just saw this. Don't know if it can offer any help.

Sorry if I sounded miffed. I'm not at all & I'm sorry if you though I was
upset. :) O.K.? :) :)

Now, I'm going to check out the link you provided. Thanks.

caseysmom
02-21-2008, 06:07 PM
I like Obama for that most unscientific of reasons: gut feeling. It's as good a parameter to pick someone for public office as any other, in this day and age.

I think he has a better-than-average shot at depolarizing Congress (again, just a gut feeling.) Depolarizing Congress is critical no matter who warms the Oval Office chair.

That is exactly how I feel.

Edwina's Secretary
02-21-2008, 06:09 PM
I was wondering, if she were elected, would that make Bill Clinton "first gentleman??"

First Laddy!!!! :D :D :rolleyes: :D :D

phesina
02-21-2008, 06:36 PM
Nope, I haven't yet, because it's like choosing between Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, and Goofy! However like Moosmom I'm leaning toward Ms. Clinton. I was wondering, if she were elected, would that make Bill Clinton "first gentleman??"

ABSOLUTELY, that's what he should be called!

Along this line, Daniel Mulhern, the husband of Michigan governor Jennifer Granholm, is officially referred to as the First Gentleman and as such has his own web page on the state's site: http://www.michigan.gov/firstgentleman/

Freedom
02-21-2008, 07:59 PM
Don't know if it can offer any help.

That was VERY interesting for me! I knew who I was leaning towards but WOW that said I am almost 100% with the one I thought I was going with anyhow. Gee, maybe I have been paying attention after all!

kt_luvs_kitties
02-21-2008, 08:36 PM
I am a 100% Clinton supporter. I trust her. I DO NOT trust the others running, personally....

Anyways, Hopefully the best one will win ;)

Logan
02-22-2008, 09:43 AM
Yes, I have made up my mind who I will vote for. :) And I'm leaving it at that!! :p

kitten645
02-22-2008, 11:35 AM
Hillary 100%! She knows the ins and outs. She's seen the job first hand. She's intelligent, well educated,graceful and fearless. Madame President please!
:)

RICHARD
02-22-2008, 12:01 PM
Nope, I haven't yet, because it's like choosing between Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, and Goofy!

Which Goofy?

THey all fit that bill.

-----------------

I can hardly wait for the rumors to start about the TX motor cop that was killed in Hillary's motorcade. :rolleyes:

lizbud
02-22-2008, 12:24 PM
Hillary 100%! She knows the ins and outs. She's seen the job first hand. She's intelligent, well educated,graceful and fearless. Madame President please!
:)

I read a wacky article this morning in the LATimes that basically said
Clinton would probably lose because she IS so perfect for the job.

Their logic being that people identify more easily with people with more
imperfections. :confused:

Edwina's Secretary
02-22-2008, 12:41 PM

In all fairness Liz.....it was an editorial....

lizbud
02-22-2008, 04:21 PM
In all fairness Liz.....it was an editorial....

True. :)

momoffuzzyfaces
02-22-2008, 05:07 PM

I wouldn't believe the Times if they said it was raining! ;)

joycenalex
02-24-2008, 07:37 PM
ohio's' primary is on march 4th. i am getting robocalls, i hate robocalls,my machine is getting all the calls before i'll answer the phone for the next 2 weeks. i have a sign in my yard for a county commissioner candidate. no robo calls for the county commissioner-yahoo!. i know who i'll vote for in the primary, and i know who i'll vote for in the general election. and 18 months for the campaign is too d%^m long for a presidential campaign in my opinion

kitten645
02-24-2008, 08:49 PM
I'm not found of robcalls myself but I have to say I kept the message from Hillary. LOL! Just cool to come home and have her voice on my machine..I know...I'm easily amused. :D
Claudia

RICHARD
02-24-2008, 11:43 PM
I'm easily amused. :D
Claudia

:D
---------

Go Nader, Go Nader....

I love wildcards!

K9karen
02-25-2008, 12:25 AM
Thanks for the heads up on the survey! I was leaning towards one candidate but after taking the survey, I'm dead even. I think this is one of the most exciting elections ever!

lizbud
02-25-2008, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the heads up on the survey! I was leaning towards one candidate but after taking the survey, I'm dead even. I think this is one of the most exciting elections ever!

Well, I took the quiz today and I agree on all 10 points with BOTH the
people I tested with. :)

mugsy
02-25-2008, 06:56 PM
I tested with all of them and the greatest number I agreed with was 5 and fewest was 1. I haven't decided...I know McCain lost my vote when I read he was in favor of NCLB in its current form...ACK! That is most ridiculous piece of legislation ever put in place! I'm not happy with any of them since every one I've read about thinks NCLB has its merits...I guess I have to find the one that is in favor of more of an overhaul than anyone else.

Logan
02-25-2008, 09:05 PM
Mollie, I don't mean to sound stupid, but what is NCLB? That abbreviation isn't ringing any bells for me. :confused:

Pam
02-25-2008, 09:14 PM
Mollie, I don't mean to sound stupid, but what is NCLB? That abbreviation isn't ringing any bells for me. :confused:

No Child Left Behind?

Logan
02-26-2008, 12:10 PM
:o I imagine you are exactly right, Pam! LOL!!

mugsy
02-26-2008, 05:02 PM
You would be correct Pam! That would be the piece of trash in question! lol

columbine
02-26-2008, 08:42 PM
The following essay is by John Taylor, a retired superintendent of schools in South Carolina.

No Dentist Left Behind

My dentist is great! He sends me reminders so I don't forget checkups. He uses the latest techniques based on research. He never hurts me, and I've got all my teeth. When I ran into him the other day, I was eager to see if he'd heard about the new state program. I knew he'd think it was great.

"Did you hear about the new state program to measure effectiveness of dentists with their young patients?" I said.

"No," he said. He didn't seem too thrilled. "How will they do that?"

"It's quite simple," I said. "They will just count the number of cavities each patient has at age 10, 14, and 18 and average that to determine a dentist's rating. Dentists will be rated as excellent, good, average, below average, and unsatisfactory. That way parents will know which are the best dentists. The plan will also encourage the less effective dentists to get better," I said. "Poor dentists who don't improve could lose their licenses to practice."

"That's terrible," he said.

"What? That's not a good attitude," I said. "Don't you think we should try to improve children's dental health in this state?"

"Sure I do," he said, "but that's not a fair way to determine who is practicing good dentistry."

"Why not?" I said. "It makes perfect sense to me."

"Well, it's so obvious," he said. "Don't you see that dentists don't all work with the same clientele, and that much depends on things we can't control? For example, I work in a rural area with a high percentage of patients from deprived homes, while some of my colleagues work in upper middle-class neighborhoods. Many of the parents I work with don't bring their children to see me until there is some kind of problem, and I don't get to do much preventive work. Also, many of the parents I serve let their kids eat way too much candy from an early age, unlike more educated parents who understand the relationship between sugar and decay. To top it all off, so many of my clients have well water which is untreated and has no fluoride in it. Do you have any idea how much difference early use of fluoride can make?"

"It sounds like you're making excuses," I said. "I can't believe that you, my dentist, would be so defensive. After all, you do a great job, and you needn't fear a little accountability."

"I am not being defensive!" he said. "My best patients are as good as anyone's, my work is as good as anyone's, but my average cavity count is going to be higher than a lot of other dentists because I chose to work where I am needed most."

"Don't' get touchy," I said.

"Touchy?" he said. His face had turned red, and from the way he was clenching and unclenching his jaws, I was afraid he was going to damage his teeth. "Try furious! In a system like this, I will end up being rated average, below average, or worse. The few educated patients I have who see these ratings may believe this so-called rating is an actual measure of my ability and proficiency as a dentist. They may leave me, and I'll be left with only the most needy patients. And my cavity average score will get even worse. On top of that, how will I attract good dental hygienists and other excellent dentists to my practice if it is labeled below average?"

"I think you are overreacting," I said. "'Complaining, excuse-making and stonewalling won't improve dental health'... I am quoting from a leading member of the DOC," I noted.

"What's the DOC?" he asked. "It's the Dental Oversight Committee," I said, "a group made up of mostly lay persons to make sure dentistry in this state gets improved"

"Spare me," he said, "I can't believe this. Reasonable people won't buy it," he said hopefully.

The program sounded reasonable to me, so I asked, "How else would you measure good dentistry?" "Come watch me work," he said. "Observe my processes."

"That's too complicated, expensive and time-consuming," I said. "Cavities are the bottom line, and you can't argue with the bottom line. It's an absolute measure."

"That's what I'm afraid my parents and prospective patients will think. This can't be happening," he said despairingly.

"Now, now," I said, "don't despair. The state will help you some."

"How?" he asked.

"If you receive a poor rating, they'll send a dentist who is rated excellent to help straighten you out," I said brightly.

"You mean," he said, "they'll send a dentist with a wealthy clientele to show me how to work on severe juvenile dental problems with which I have probably had much more experience? BIG HELP!"

"There you go again," I said. "You aren't acting professionally at all."

"You don't get it," he said. "Doing this would be like grading schools and teachers on an average score made on a test of children's progress with no regard to influences outside the school, the home, the community served and stuff like that. Why would they do something so unfair to dentists? No one would ever think of doing that to schools."

I just shook my head sadly, but he had brightened. "I'm going to write my representatives and senators," he said. "I'll use the school analogy. Surely they will see the point." He walked off with that look of hope mixed with fear and suppressed anger that I, a teacher, see in the mirror so often lately.

mugsy
02-26-2008, 08:52 PM
I've gotten that one before...I LOVE it. It's so true...

RICHARD
02-27-2008, 07:42 PM
I have to say this-

The funniest part about this election is the candidates themselves.

Change? Change to what?

Right wing conspiracy?

I did not have sex with that lobbyist!

-----------

People talk about charisma, speeches and attitude....

What about their record with the issues? How exactly are you going about these promised changes? Don't promise anything you cannot pass thru the Senate and Congress.

It's all a popularity contest with the winner having the best makeup, best dress and answering the question that satisfies the judges.

All the current candidates have some of the charming traits of some of the world's worst leaders. A little xenophobia, paranoia of their opponents, talk a good game and the followers that can finance their purchase of the presidency. I am not enamoured of any of the people running - as a matter of fact I am more interested in who is going to be the next president......Now more than ever. :eek:

They are not only gonna be my president.....they'll be yours too.

momoffuzzyfaces
02-28-2008, 01:13 PM
All the current candidates have some of the charming traits of some of the world's worst leaders. A little xenophobia, paranoia of their opponents, talk a good game and the followers that can finance their purchase of the presidency. I am not enamoured of any of the people running - as a matter of fact I am more interested in who is going to be the next president......Now more than ever. :eek:

They are not only gonna be my president.....they'll be yours too.
They are having a fuss now because McCain was not born in the US but in Panama. His dad was in the service there and some say you have to be actually born in the US to be a citizen.

One day, I see in my crystal ball, the anchor baby of an illegel running for President. Wonder what they will do about that? (probably nothing)

Pam
02-28-2008, 01:22 PM
I am not enamoured of any of the people running -

I agree with you totally Richard! I keep watching all of the debates and hoping that someone will say something which will make them a little more appealing to me than the other guy/girl (did I just call Hillary a girl!) :D :p :o

RICHARD
02-28-2008, 01:45 PM
I agree with you totally Richard! I keep watching all of the debates and hoping that someone will say something which will make them a little more appealing to me than the other guy/girl (did I just call Hillary a girl!) :D :p :o

And just think of the stupidity that flows from the spouses. :(

"For the first time in my adult life I am ashamed of the candidates running to be my president."
-me

---------------

The thing that angers me the most are the lame promises regarding health care that everyone seem to be "operating" with.

A little investigation and anyone would see the idea of health care for everyone is a pipe dream.

Doctor's do not like to deal with the feds because of the delay in paying for services.

Fraud is a huge concern - Docs and patients do it...

Costs will go up. Usually that happens when the pockets paying for medical care get really deep.

MOFF,

Are you suggesting we throw anchor babies OVERBOARD? :eek: ;)

Pam
02-28-2008, 01:56 PM
And just think of the stupidity that flows from the spouses. :(

I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but I watched Larry King several nights ago when he had Michelle Obama on. Almost to every question she would lead with "you know Larry....." I was embarrassed for her, listening to all of the *you knows.* Someone will surely be giving her some pointers about how to respond in an interview should she be First Lady. People may criticize GW but I think Laura Bush has probably been his strongest asset.

"For the first time in my adult life I am ashamed of the candidates running to be my president."
-me

I almost agree with your statement. I am not ashamed but I am amazed that this group is the best we could come up with. :confused:

RICHARD
02-28-2008, 03:01 PM
I almost agree with your statement. I am not ashamed but I am amazed that this group is the best we could come up with. :confused:

I was paraphrasing MO's statement. There is something hard and bitter in that woman - it's all sharp edges and cold steel.

By the same token, Bill is too 'loveable' and McCain's squeeze is too much in love with him.

momoffuzzyfaces
02-28-2008, 03:16 PM
[QUOTE=RICHARD
MOFF,

Are you suggesting we throw anchor babies OVERBOARD? :eek: ;)[/QUOTE]
Of course not! Some of them are darned cute!!! But maybe we should reconsider the born in the USA and citizen of the USA law. What if a terrorist became President some day just because his mom snuck in just so he would be born here and he was raised with the intent of doing harm to the country when he grew up.

Maybe it should be children of US citizens born here can run for office. Heavens knows they can do enough harm themselves. :rolleyes: :D

lizbud
02-28-2008, 04:55 PM
They are having a fuss now because McCain was not born in the US but in Panama. His dad was in the service there and some say you have to be actually born in the US to be a citizen.

One day, I see in my crystal ball, the anchor baby of an illegel running for President. Wonder what they will do about that? (probably nothing)

I read something about whether it's fair to use Obama"s middle name
in this election. ( It's Hussein)

Edwina's Secretary
02-28-2008, 05:50 PM
The thing that angers me the most are the lame promises regarding health care that everyone seem to be "operating" with.

A little investigation and anyone would see the idea of health care for everyone is a pipe dream.

Doctor's do not like to deal with the feds because of the delay in paying for services.

Fraud is a huge concern - Docs and patients do it...

Costs will go up. Usually that happens when the pockets paying for medical care get really deep.

And what is wrong with dreams?

This week we received a note from the woman who delivers one of our newspapers. She is a single mother of three. Who gets up in the middle of the night while her children sleep to deliver our paper. She has never missed a day. The paper is in the right spot every day.

But newpaper delivery people do not have medical insurance. And she has cancer and needs surgery. Her pockets aren't very deep. She will be out of work for two months.

Pipe dream?

A friend of mine has a medical condition -- lupus. She nearly died and was on kidney dialysis ten years ago. She is doing well now and working. Her medical insurance is through her husband's employer. They changed carriers and he made a mistake on the paperwork. So the insurance company dropped her (and their two kids.) I am trying to help her straighten it out (I know some of the magic words due to my profession.) Meanwhile she is cutting her medicine in half because she is afraid of the cost and what will happen because of her pre-existing condition. Oh yeah...her husband just found out his employer is going to have a layoff next week. So it may not matter. And it is past the 30 days for a Change in Status enrollment, etc, etc.

Pipe dream? Doesn't every change start as a pipe dream?

RICHARD
02-28-2008, 08:00 PM
I don't have very much experience in the health insurance industry but I can tell you that there is a difference between pipe dreams and reality.

I am very much in favor of med insurance for everyone. But the reality is that there are forces - pharm companies, med supply companies, implant companies, docs and the other people involved in providing health care that do not want, nor care for more government involvement.

Ask any physician about billing and the feds.

Here's another hint about why Fed Insurance won't work.

Should the gov't. start insuring medically they will look into the costs and investigating why the prices are so outrageous. Companies like Baxter, Smith and Nephew will Medtronics will fight tooth and nail to keep their golden goose alive.

I have seen the prices of sutures, screws and plates, implanted defibrillators...I wish I could fleece - I mean sell product to hospitals.

-------------

The health plan I worked for had a plan to save money and reward the docs who could save the most.

A friend took his son to a satellite clinic (same company I worked for) his son fell and bumped his arm.
NO X-RAY, just an ace band-aid, aspirin and little "bend your arm".

Later on that evening the kid woke up screaming - the second visit revealed a broken arm.

Crappy health care is a reality. I had to make sure my I.D. badge was off because if I walked into a public area with it on I'd always get the, "Oh, you work for XXXXXX? You killed my Mom, sister, brother....."

-----------

Every change does start with a pipe dream, But you have to be ready for the people you are going to pi$$ off when you light up in a No Smoking area.

joycenalex
02-28-2008, 08:03 PM
....but I am amazed that this group is the best we could come up with. :confused:
this is not the best group of possible candidates for president of the united states. these 3 are the ones with the deepest pockets, most hustle and the most lobbyist chips called in. several of the other candidates were, in my opinion, much much better choices, but their lack of money and the medias' lack of attention and fawning over their (the talking heads) own personal choices' ... ( hear that chris matthews you pompous gasbag, hear that druggie limbaugh you waste of DNA...) helped push those more talented and capable choices out of the running; these aren't the the best we could we do, but they are the best we've got. and to think, one of those three will sleep the house thomas jefferson walked in, the rooms where abraham lincoln saved the union of the united states, and where franklin roosevelt, with a whole lotta help from prime minister churchill and general marshall saved western civil society where dwight eisenhower helped create the most amazing system of interstate roads, where lyndon johnson broke the back of jim crow . it's MY house da^&^T and i want better tenants and i pray the great g*d one of those 3.....senators....lives up to those great dreams and responsibilities. we've not had that level of service and ability the last 32 years and we the people deserve better.

joycenalex
02-28-2008, 08:31 PM
....and oh yeah....IF it was one of the romney sons/ groupies who sent john mccains' birth certificate to the papres with the panama canal hospital highlighted....fie on your house and shame on your head. remember your grandpa george romney? i do. he was born in mexico and ineligible, his parents weren't on active duty in service to this country. i am not at all a supported of senator mccain, yet he and his family have given more in honor and blood to this country then any romney ever did. and i speak as someone old enough to have know former governor george romney, who left to serve as richard nixons sec. of housing and urban development........
this kind of rovian sleeze is beyond disgusting. what ever you think about senator mccains' actions in the senate and afterwards, what he endured in OUR name and for us in hanoi, there is no doubt he is a man of honor and respect in this regard. i do not use the word hero lightly, and yet, senator mccain lived that word and action. and where were the romneys at that time? why safely stateside making money..... time for me to sign off tonight, i'm getting too wound up.

joycenalex
02-29-2008, 05:32 AM
....and upon further thought, and some sleep...i should say i do not know that a romney supporter pushed the born in panama issue as a method of trying to disqualify senator mccain. i did hear it on the radio, but i did not hear the source, so i cannot cite it....

Kater
03-01-2008, 01:46 AM
Yes, it was an easy choice for me. :D I am hoooooping we get a nice high turnout in my age bracket this election (20-somethings)!!! Enough with the apathy already!

RobiLee
03-01-2008, 04:54 AM
No, I haven't decided. I got a phone call yesterday asking me who I would be supporting and I just don't know! Kind of drives me crazy!

RICHARD
03-02-2008, 02:10 PM
I just heard he story about the Clinton supporter getting shanked.

I diudn't hear all the details, but I had to laugh about it.

Talk about Political Infighting!

------------------------

A few things that I have noticed.

When you excuse yourself to blow your nose, don't leave your snotrag at the podium.

When your spouse talks to supporters, your better half not to discourage the supporters from working for certain companies or industries.... :rolleyes:

------------------

I have found some infomericials on T.V. to be filled with more promise than all of the debates.

lizbud
03-03-2008, 09:09 AM
Well, I have finally decided who to vote for. :) I have often found
myself saying, a woman could do a whole lot better in leading a nation
then the crop of men we've had lately. So I've decided it is time to give
it a try. :) Think what you will about the lady's personality, she is sooo
qualified to lead our country.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-03-2008, 12:34 PM
Oh, I dunno! Being married to a President doesn't mean you are qualified to be one any more than sitting in a shoe qualifies you to be a shoe. ;) :D

AND when the phone rings at 3 am at the White House, it will be an aid who answers, not the President.

I think my big problem with her is her husband. He wouldn't be able to let her BE the president. I just can't take any more of him. I have nightmares about him being her Vice Pres. But that's my problem. :D :D

Pam
03-03-2008, 12:55 PM

I am just hoping that Obama gets the nomination. I have concerns about McCain and I know that barring someone holding a gun to my head I couldn't vote for Hillary. Should she win the nomination this might just be the first time in all my years of voting that I just stay home. :(

lizbud
03-03-2008, 04:31 PM
I am just hoping that Obama gets the nomination. I have concerns about McCain and I know that barring someone holding a gun to my head I couldn't vote for Hillary. Should she win the nomination this might just be the first time in all my years of voting that I just stay home. :(

What??? Did she used to be a neighbor or something? What has she done
that drives you crazy? :)

beeniesmom
03-03-2008, 04:48 PM
Oh, I dunno! Being married to a President doesn't mean you are qualified to be one any more than sitting in a shoe qualifies you to be a shoe. ;) :D

AND when the phone rings at 3 am at the White House, it will be an aid who answers, not the President.

I think my big problem with her is her husband. He wouldn't be able to let her BE the president. I just can't take any more of him. I have nightmares about him being her Vice Pres. But that's my problem. :D :D

Heeehehheeeee, so true. :)

RICHARD
03-03-2008, 05:24 PM

There was the First Lady who almost gave the prez, the shoe!
She had so many ideas, she didn't know what to do!

------------

Can't Mary Carey run for president? :D

joycenalex
03-03-2008, 08:13 PM
if it's important enough to get POTUS up at 3 am, you know bloody good and well that the joint chiefs of staff ALL of the military services, the presidents chief of staff, the national security advisor, sec of defense, the heads of the cia, fbi , homeland security and maybe one supreme court justice and the attorney general ,as well as a few secret service agents are already downstairs in the secure room waiting. and the press secretary is being sent for as well. pretty likely the british, canadian, aussie, french, russian and chinese ambassadors as well as the sec general of the un and a few more i can't think of right now are also being called by the white house staff as well. POTUS gets up at 3 am, no one sleeps in. and why oh why does it take 6 rings to answer it? that aide needs to be fired who lets 'the red phone ring that long. (robo calls tonight are getting on my nerves :rolleyes: :D )

Jessika
03-03-2008, 08:18 PM
My candidate of choice isn't in the running anymore. :(

But I'll vote anyone so long as Hilary stays out of the office.

joycenalex
03-03-2008, 08:20 PM
....unless of course, it's a phone call for one of the future presidents' kids. different problem then,,, :D

Pam
03-03-2008, 09:43 PM
What??? Did she used to be a neighbor or something? What has she done
that drives you crazy? :)

No she was never my neighbor. She wouldn't want to live here and I couldn't afford the real estate in Chappaqua. :p I read a book by George Stephanopoulos years ago in which he gave an inside view of life in the White House during the Clinton era. That book reinforced my already formed dislike of Hillary. I didn't like her as First Lady and I would like her a lot less as President (perish the thought :eek: ). There were enough White House scandals when the Clintons occupied that space last time and Hillary to me is still under that cloud.

columbine
03-03-2008, 10:38 PM
Well, now Rush Limbaugh (a right-wing radio personality) is urging Republicans to request a Democratic ballot and vote for Clinton because of the job she's doing on the Democratic party! What a soap opera!

RICHARD
03-04-2008, 02:31 AM
For the last couple of years the organizers of the Lost Angeles Marathon have come up with a novel way to make the race more exciting and competitive. They calculate the time differences between finishing times of the Men and Women's divisions for the past year and handicap the men.

They start the women first and the men follow about 18 minutes later. The men play catch up for the whole race.....

If the first place woman can finish ahead of the men's first place finisher, she wins 10,000 dollars. (or it's 100,000, I don't remember.)

Now, If a woman can beat a man over 26.2 miles in tennis shoes....then a woman in woman's shoes should be able to kick the arse of any man across the United States.

Now, how to handicap the Presidential race?

Make the men wear thongs and panty hose... ;)

On second thought..... :eek: :rolleyes:

joycenalex
03-04-2008, 06:21 AM
well, i voted! and now off to work.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Ok, how come the people of Texas are getting to vote twice today? :confused: :confused: :confused:

The news people say they do, so of course, I believe it!!! :p :rolleyes:

lvpets2002
03-04-2008, 02:26 PM
Ok, how come the people of Texas are getting to vote twice today? :confused: :confused: :confused:

The news people say they do, so of course, I believe it!!! :p :rolleyes:
:p Couse we special.. Just Kidding.. No the second vote at 7:00 p.m. is called the cauces vote.. This is only the popularity vote.. This second vote does not count as a confirmed premire vote.. The cauces counts at the end of all voting to differ from Delegates & Super Delegates..

RICHARD
03-07-2008, 12:06 AM
Separated at birth?

Finally figured it out.

Michele Obama and that nasty Omarosa (faux celebrity)

-----------

I can count out one candidate.

Michele Obama did an interview with some mag and I was taken back by what she said about the U.S. and us regular folk.

I cannot remember exactly her rant but she stated that the citizens of the U.S. were sloth and some other not so nice things.

I kinda suspect that MO might have taken a blood transfusion from Tah Ray Sah Heinz Kerry.

Pam
03-07-2008, 06:06 AM
Received this in an e-mail today. This is not the e-mail that was floating around about Obama being a Muslim. I do find his brother's comments a little worrisome. I guess it could be checked out in his book but I doubt that I would need to do it myself, though, because Clinton's people will be looking under every rock for some *dirt.*

Brother Abongo "Roy" Obama, is a Luo activist and a militant Muslim who argues that the black man must "liberate himself from the poisoning influences of European culture."

"Abongo's new lifestyle has left him lean and clear-eyed, and at the wedding, he looked so dignified in his black African gown with white trim and matching cap that some of our guests mistook him for my father," Obama wrote in Dreams From My Father.