PDA

View Full Version : Going to New York City!

cyber-sibes
02-20-2008, 10:49 AM
My husband & I have a chance to go to NY for an overnight Thurs-Fri. I am SO EXCITED- Van Gogh's "Starry Night" is on display at the MOMA - I can hardly wait to see the original!!! This has got to be one of my all-time favorite paintings.* I'm keeping my fingers crossed it is on display & not down for cleaning, on loan etc. Haven't been able to reach a human being at the Museum to ask.

AND, I got tickets to tour the Statue of Liberty - one of those things I've always wanted to do! I hope the weather isn't too bad on Friday because we'll be outdoors quite a bit. (It's supposed to be very cold)
I plan to take plenty of pictures, I'll post some here on PT.

*I used Starry Night as the basis of my "Master's" Project when I got my BFA. I did it as a mixed-media painting, sort of a "daytime" version. My husband made an oak frame & it's in our dining room. (I attached it below if anyone cares to see it).

Pawsitive Thinking
02-20-2008, 10:52 AM
How exciting!!

Went for 4 days a few years ago and loved every minute! Have a great time

lvpets2002
02-20-2008, 10:55 AM
:) Many Congrats.. Have a Very Safe & Happy Time.. You will just Love NY..

Edwina's Secretary
02-20-2008, 10:58 AM
As long as you are at the Statue of Liberty...you might want to continue on to Ellis Island Museum (same ferry ride...no extra $$)! I think it one of the most American places to go!

Have fun!

pitc9
02-20-2008, 11:14 AM
Oh what FUN you're going to have!
The painting you did is BEAUTIFUL!

smokey the elder
02-20-2008, 03:17 PM
Neat! Enjoy the Big Apple! (*don't mind the maggots*-Rolling Stones) :p

Cinder & Smoke
02-20-2008, 04:42 PM
My husband & I have a chance to go to NY for an overnight Thurs-Fri.

AND, I got tickets to tour the Statue of Liberty -

I hope the weather isn't too bad on Friday because we'll be outdoors quite a bit.
(It's supposed to be very old)

Uhhhh, yuppers; That Statue of Liberty IS kinda "old" ...

But wonder if maybe you meant *COLD* - which it probably will be!

I remember WAAAAAY Back when the Family vacationed in NYC for 10 days,
lil ole ME climbed up into The Lady's Crown - watchin the boats out in NY Harbor ...
Hard to forget that memory. AND I liked the Boat Ride on the NY Ferry, too! :D

Y'all have *phunn*!
Are ya taking the FurKids along? :p

lizbud
02-20-2008, 04:58 PM
Sounds like you have some fun things lined up & I hope the trip is a
wonderful time for you both. I didn't know you were a Fine Arts major. :cool:

cyber-sibes
02-20-2008, 06:31 PM
But wonder if maybe you meant *COLD* - which it probably will be!Duh, yup, I meant cold - I was so excited I didn't even read what I wrote! No, the furkids are staying behind. They'll get lots of treats & spoiling from their nice dog-sitter. (She likes them. ;) )

Alysser
02-20-2008, 08:31 PM
You will be an hour away from me. Have LOTS of fun!! NYC is the best place to be, I love it. Make sure you, if you have time to go to Central Park. Out of all the places in NYC, that is my favorite. Can't wait to see your pictures. :D

moosmom
02-21-2008, 10:55 AM
I've been itching to go to NYC lately. My daughter and I are going to plan a trip. I LOVE walking around, watching all the people. I may even go alone. Amy hates museums, I love them. I could spend hours there.

We used to go every year. I've got pictures of us atop the World Trade Center, priceless!!!

Have a great time!

Ginger's Mom
02-21-2008, 11:23 AM
Oh Pat, it is suppose to be a messy snow/rain/ice mix tomorrow. :( I hope that the weather man is wrong and that it is sunny, breezy and 70 degrees tomorrow. Have a good time anyway. The museum will be great in any weather. :)

sirrahved
02-21-2008, 01:05 PM
Oh, enjoy it! I've been to two Van Gogh exhibits... breathtaking.

Sparklecoon
02-21-2008, 01:35 PM
Your 'Starry Night' is BEAUTIFUL. I love the original too. I'm very jealous. Have fun. Dress warm!