PDA

View Full Version : My family needs good thoughts and prayers please.

molucass
02-19-2008, 06:46 PM
My SO Robin has been having serious pain in her hip all the way down to her knee, and finally went to the doctor to be seen about it.. She has had cancer twice before (breast cancer & cancer in her sternum).

They did a chest xray, and we found out she had lung cancer in both lungs. We got an appt. scheduled with an oncologist immediately, and he scheduled cat scans, and a bone scan. They haven't done the cat scans yet, but did do the bone scan.. They found out that she has cancer pretty much every where..
Her left ball joint in her hip has cancer in it, her right hip has cancer in several places, she has cancer in her right shoulder, in her spine, in her skull on the lower right side, in her breast bone, and in her ribs..
We have the cat scans scheduled for Friday.. He is doing those to find out if it is in any of her other organs besides her lungs..

Obviously this is absolutely devistating news, and any prayers, good thoughts, or anything else would be very much appreciate for our family during this difficult time.

Rachel
02-19-2008, 06:55 PM
I don't know what to say. Obviously this news is devastating. My thoughts are with you and prayers for you and Robin are already on their way.

Catty1
02-19-2008, 06:55 PM
How simply awful - it IS devastating.

Prayers and hugs are headed your way. I hope your SO has a good long time left...that some treatment is possible - and that she is comfortable and loved.

Thinking of you all.

slick
02-19-2008, 07:01 PM
As a cancer patient myself, I know only too well how stressful it is waiting to get test results back. I hope your health care system down there is quicker than up here.

Of course, this news is just awful and I'm so very sorry. Most certainly I offer up my prayers and good thoughts to you all.

K9karen
02-19-2008, 07:14 PM
I'm at a loss for words. I'm so sorry for you and Robin. Of course my prayers are being said for the both of you in your time of devastating sadness. [hugs]

K9soul
02-19-2008, 07:58 PM
Most certainly my prayers are with Robin and your family.

Christiansmommy
02-19-2008, 08:39 PM
:( I am so sorry. I will be praying for Robin and for you. ((HUGS))

dukedogsmom
02-19-2008, 08:58 PM
Wow. I'm so sorry. I hope Robin, you and your family can find the strength needed for the obvious hard times ahead. May Robin not be in pain for her time left in this world. I hope she can find peace with this, also. I can't imagine having to deal with something like that.

Taz_Zoee
02-19-2008, 10:14 PM
You will all be in my thoughts.

Daisy and Delilah
02-19-2008, 10:22 PM
Cori, I can only imagine what you and Robin are going through. How terrible for both of you. I'll be keeping both of you in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted. {{{{{ROBIN AND CORI}}}}} :(

robinh
02-20-2008, 06:32 AM
My prayers are with you.

Medusa
02-20-2008, 07:05 AM
Please know that you and your family and Robin are in my prayers. I do pray that she will be comfortable and somehow find peace so that she can deal w/this most recent news and that you all can find peace as well.

Sevaede
02-20-2008, 12:11 PM
Cori, I don't even know what to say. :( *****HUGS***** for you and for Robin and your families. :( My thoughts and good vibes with you both and may you find hope and happiness in this time. :(

lizbud
02-20-2008, 05:08 PM
I am so sorry to hear such bad news for your family. :( Prayers and
good thoughts for strength as you both go forward.

Karen
02-20-2008, 05:10 PM
Prayers are on the ways for all of you.

buttercup132
02-20-2008, 05:31 PM
Oh no :(
In my thoughts.

molucass
02-23-2008, 04:40 PM
Thank you everyone for your kind words, prayers and healing thoughts.

We go Tuesday morning to the doctor again to get the results of the cat scans. I don't know if we can handle hearing that the cancer is in any of her other organs, but I am trying to prepare myself if that is what he tells us.

We have some very close friends that are helping us get through this as well, and since we don't have any family in SC, they are helping us a lot.

Thanks again.

krazyaboutkatz
02-23-2008, 07:22 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( You'll all be in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Alysser
02-23-2008, 08:47 PM
I am so sorry. (((hugs))) I hope you can all get through this. Prayers and good thoughts going out to you.

joycenalex
02-23-2008, 09:59 PM
i am so sorry. i will keep you all in my prayers

sparks19
02-23-2008, 10:31 PM
Oh My

YOu have our prayers and best wishes. I can only wish you two the best in the coming days, weeks and months.

I am so sorry.

KatzNK9
02-23-2008, 11:14 PM
My thoughts & prayers are with you & your family.