PDA

View Full Version : Henny's Home!!

Sparklecoon
02-19-2008, 10:11 AM
We picked Henny up from the vet's yesterday and now I will officially not be going on a vacation ;). We were playing guess the vet bill on the way to pick her up. My high was $500 I was the winner but still off. $676.76 was the final total. Well worth it though.

They're not really sure what went wrong with her. No blockage for sure. They had her on a couple different antibiotics and antiemetics (vomiting) and it seemed to do the trick. She's going to be finishing up a round of clindamycin at home as well as eating some special low residue food (she loves it) and fortiflora (to help regain intestinal bacteria) for the rest of the week. Her farts stink in a whole new way, let me tell ya.

When we adopted her at the begining of Jan she weighed 139lbs. Her admission weight was 127lbs. We'd been trying to widdle her down to a healthy weight but wow that was a lot to loose in a short period. I think her ideal weight will be about 130lbs. She's definately happy to be home. First thing she did was hop on Josh's lap (something she never does) and lick/nibble his chin (something she does when she's super excited).

She's really Happy to see Reggin (don't know if the feeling is mutual :rolleyes: ) and play bowed and pawed at him outside this morning. He wasn't amused. Zoe and her have been growling a little bit back and forth at each other, not really sure what's up with that but right now their sleeping together so it can't be too serious.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes!

Pawsitive Thinking
02-19-2008, 10:48 AM
Great news! welcome home Henny

Jadapit
02-19-2008, 10:55 AM
I'm so glad Henny is home and doing well. :) I bet she's so happy to be back home!

Ginger's Mom
02-19-2008, 11:05 AM
Glad to hear that Henny is home and on the way to recovery. Had to smile when I heard how happy she was to see her family, even the fursibs, again. How cute is that. :)

pitc9
02-19-2008, 11:14 AM
Glad to hear the she's home!
:D

Giselle
02-19-2008, 11:43 AM
Oh, I just realized Henny is an IW! Glad to hear he's home, and do you have any pictures? =)

(Guess the vet bill game LOL)

Taz_Zoee
02-19-2008, 03:09 PM
Glad to hear Henny is home! :)
Yes, pictures please. :) I saw a couple Irish Wolfhounds at the dog park this weekend. Beautiful (and HUGE) dogs. They were the size of small horses but they were the sweetest things. I guess that's normal for the large breeds, to be sweethearts. :)

Sparklecoon
02-20-2008, 09:38 AM
I'll have to get some new pics up a abit later.

On another note :rolleyes: ... She had a poop in the house last night and low and behold, upon further inspection, I found a sock :eek: . I promptly brought the mass into Josh and pointed out that, 'Hey look it's one of your socks.' Called the vet and he said 'good' :rolleyes:

Don't know if I'll be using that vet again. I asked repeatedly. Does she have a blockage? Does she need X-rays? It's so hard to find a decent vet 'round here. The one I've gone to forever is the old school country vet and doesn't run alot of extra tests. I like him but he's getting old and I just feel I can get better care else where. The one I just went too is super nice but I'm not sure on the competence. Sure, he got her home in one piece but Jeez.... My Mum goes to a vet whose a family friend about 30min away maybe I'll try him. She has nothing but rave reviews for him.

pitc9
02-20-2008, 10:02 AM
OMG!
How could they NOT have done an x-ray?!?
No matter, I'm glad she passes it and is going to be ok!

I'd be sure to stay FAR away from that vet!