PDA

View Full Version : A scary adventure for Spook!

DJFyrewolf36
02-19-2008, 09:06 AM
Spook had a very scary adventure yesterday...scary for US anyhow! Somehow when we were napping the apartment door got opened. We think either she managed to hit the handle and open it or a gust of wind from the door to the outside opened it because it wasnt quite latched all the way. (we have indoor hallways in our complex) At any rate Spook took off and none of the other cats did. We looked EVERYWHERE but since we are so close to a highway we feared the worst. Luckily the downstairs neighbors saw her in their hallway and grabbed her...but she beat up thier dog and thinking she was a stray sent her back outside! On our rounds of looking we went down there and told them and they were like "OMG that was YOUR cat?!?!" then they went outside and searched for her for two hours in the dark. After having no luck they came back to their apartment and lo and behold Spook had COME BACK! They grabbed her right away and brought her home. John was so distraught that she was missing that he cried when the neighbors brought her home. He couldnt thank them enough and niether could I! My Spooky kitty is back home! She is now sunning herself as if nothing happened :rolleyes:. Cats...ARGH!!!

Taz_Zoee
02-19-2008, 09:47 AM
OH my! I'm so glad this has a happy ending. I can imagine the feeling (been through it with Taz a few times).
Spook, you do not need to live up to your name, please. Stay at home, don't be a curious kitty. :)

Randi
02-19-2008, 10:59 AM
What an adventure, and close to a highway! :eek: I'm so glad Spook decided it was better indoors. Silly kitty! ;)

Barbara
02-19-2008, 11:52 AM
So Spook spooked you? Sounds however as if you have very nice neighbors- to help you search for so long.

catmandu
02-19-2008, 06:11 PM
THATS THE SCARY PART AND THAT THAT CATS LIKE CHILDREN NEVER SEE THE CONSEQUENCES OF THIER ACTIONS, AND DONT REALIZE THAT WHEN THEY RUN OUT, THAT THEY COULD BE GOING INTO DANGER. THANK GOD THAT SPOOK IS BACK WHERE HE BELONGS.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20angels/cats1011962.jpg
YAY SPOOK, PLEASE STAY WHERE YOU BELONG.

Freedom
02-19-2008, 08:49 PM
Oh goodness, yes that MUST have been terrifying for you! What nice neighbors to help search, and what a blessing that Spook decided to return and end the search and worry.

...but she beat up their dog . . . . . She is now sunning herself

BECAUSE this turned out well, and Spook is safe and sound back at home, I just HAD to laugh at this line you threw in there. She was sunning her self and basking in the glow of winning! :D

Felicia's Mom
02-19-2008, 09:39 PM
Spook is probably glad to be back in her safe home! Your neighbors are very nice people.

krazyaboutkatz
02-20-2008, 12:58 AM
How very scary:eek:but I'm so glad to hear that she's now back home where she belongs.:) Hopefully she learned her lesson and won't venture out again.;)

Medusa
02-20-2008, 06:44 AM
That's only happened to me once, on the coldest day of the year, and Boo was gone for nearly 24 hours. I was beside myself w/worry, so I can imagine how you and John must have felt. Sure glad this had a happy ending.

pitc9
02-20-2008, 09:40 AM
I guess Spook lived up to her name!
I'm SO glad to hear she's back safe at home and I got a giggle out of her beating up the dog! :D

DJFyrewolf36
02-20-2008, 03:10 PM
Spook got her name for a reason lol. She took off a couple of times when we lived in a much more rural area and she stayed in the yard most of the time (except for once she got stuck in a neighbors tree :rolleyes: )
I am glad my neighbors are critter people. They have two dogs and three cats of their own so they know how worrying it can be when someone escapes.
She often liked to make us chase her around the yard when we lived in a duplex. Maybe she thought it would be more fun in a larger area :rolleyes: