PDA

View Full Version : firefox

Freedom
02-18-2008, 07:51 PM
I was having loads of problems on another forum. Finally the admin suggested I switch from Explorer to Firefox.

It's been 20 minutes and WOW the impact is amazing!

even though I clicked all the right boxes, a few of my passwords did not come over, but I am getting into everything I need. Took a moment to find what happened to "Favorites." Ah, BOOKMARKS at the top of the page.

There ARE differences on this forum as well. But we don't have as many Flash animations as the other one so it is not quite as big an issue on here.

Sandie

dukedogsmom
02-18-2008, 08:30 PM
I love Firefox! I wish more businesses would use it. We have Internet Exploder at work.

Catty1
02-18-2008, 08:42 PM
"Internet Exploder" ROFL! :D

Jessika
02-19-2008, 10:49 AM
I've been using firefox for about three or four years now (I can't keep count) and I WILL NEVER EVER go back to IE again. There are so many problems with it... and if you're a coder you'll learn to loathe IE even more (it doesn't parse HTML/CSS/XHTML to the standards i.e. it doesn't display the codes properly). The only time I use IE is to check to make sure my coding is cross-browser compatible. In fact I've gone so far as to delete all shortcuts to IE from my computer, and renamed the actual file from "Internet Explorer" to "Do not use this on my computer or I will seriously hurt you".

Plus, the add-ons... I highly suggest you get Ad Block... makes you see the web ad-free! :) Also IE-tab, because sometimes there are websites that will N-O-T allow you to view them on any other browser (my online banking for years refused to load in firefox... not that it couldn't, they just had a script to check what browser you were using and if you weren't using IE it would bring you to an error page) so it does come in handy.

phesina
02-19-2008, 04:11 PM
I've been using Firefox for a few years now too. I LO-O-O-O-O-IO-VE IT!!!

Since the day I got it, I have NEVER used Internet Exploder unless there was some very specific particular requirement for it (and I could probably count the number of those times on my fingers).

So there, Microsoft!

K9karen
02-19-2008, 06:43 PM
Firefox rocks!