PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Think of While Falling Asleep?

dukedogsmom
02-18-2008, 05:02 PM
In true PT form, for me, it was a signature. I was so tired yesterday afternoon so I layed down and was trying to fall asleep. I just bought this really pretty blouse with black, pink and white swirls in it. As I was almost asleep, I thought "Wow, that would look great in a Dasher sig." So, before allowing my nap, I laid out the plan in my head. I took a pic of the fabric and will be working on the sig later tonight. I hope it turns out as good as the vision in my head. What goes through your mind while falling asleep?

KittyGurl
02-18-2008, 06:08 PM
I usually think about things fun that happened or going to happen. Like last night all I thought about is when me and my friends and my friend's cousin and all of his friends are going to do laser tag.

Catlady711
02-18-2008, 06:15 PM
I don't like the thoughts that go through my head while falling asleep, rather scary actually. Stuff like 'what if the house burns down while I'm sleeping?' or 'what if I don't wake up in the morning' or 'what if someone breaks in and kills me while I'm sleeping' and things even worse than that. And people wonder why I prefer to be a night owl and not go to sleep until I'm absolutely exhaused. lol

kt_luvs_kitties
02-18-2008, 06:30 PM
I usually think "KOHL, stop chewing that plastic" or "Penny stop knocking/pawing on the door". ..And then, I yell it out loud, so they stop :p

I dont know, different stuff usually. Like what time I have to get up, or how much I love the cats, and how guilty I feel for having so many, that kinda stuff. I also think alot about all the homeless animals, and that always makes me sad... most nights, RIGHT before I fall asleep, I am hugging a kitty or two, and trying NOT to think sad thoughts ;)

joycenalex
02-18-2008, 07:34 PM
i try to remind my self of how blessed i am. sounds a bit pollyanna, but i know how lucky and blessed i am. i'm grateful for the cat who is trying to steal my (hear that cat...MY...) pillow, the dog who does the deep relaxation sigh as his tag slides sideways clinks on the floor. i try to keep the last 30 minutes as low key and quiet as i can since i'm having problems sleeping.

anna_66
02-18-2008, 07:58 PM
I usually think of things that have happened during the day or what I need to do the next day.
Needless to say here recently a lot of my nightly thoughts are about Robin.

I've started taking my pills at night so luckily it doesn't take me long to fall asleep:)

Kfamr
02-18-2008, 08:00 PM

Ditto.

Also, things like "did I put my clothes in the dryer?" - "did I finish the dishes?" - "did I set my alarm properly?" - "did I lock up the house?", etc.

CountryWolf07
02-18-2008, 08:14 PM
Thoughts I usually have:

- Mike
- My family
- My dogs
- Homework/papers
- Life after Ohio State

Alysser
02-18-2008, 08:15 PM
Usually, fun things UNLIKE school or events coming up the next day. ;) Lately, I've been thinking about my new job and my possible future internship at the Safari Park. :)

CountryWolf07
02-18-2008, 08:20 PM
Oh! You reminded me another thing too as well - I think about if I will get a internship for this summer!

Pam
02-18-2008, 08:21 PM
I usually think of things that have happened during the day or what I need to do the next day.

Me too. Occasionally I will wake up in the middle of the night and think of these things too. It makes me crazy when I do that because then I have a really hard time getting back to sleep because I am partially rested at that point. :mad:

crazyboutanimals
02-18-2008, 08:25 PM
MY TAXES coming in LMAO!!

awww sleep.. what is that :rolleyes: ... by the time i get to sleep i usually think Thank goodness i am even going to sleep LOL...

naw, just kidding, i have a problem going to sleep so i say this to get me to go to sleep, i know this is gonna sound religiously and such, but, it works for me ;)

Now i lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep,
If i should die before i awake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Then i say " ok, Lord, here is what was on my mind today and what i want to do" and as a fall asleep my thoughts drift away and he listens as i sleep.

Moesha
02-18-2008, 09:15 PM
I try not to think when I'm going to sleep. Because then I think and don't sleep. I usually put QVC on and go to sleep.

Twisterdog
02-18-2008, 10:51 PM
If I start thinking about things that happened that day, or things I have to do tomorrow, I just start to dwell and obsess, and I can't get to sleep. Next thing you know, I'm up making a list or cleaning out the refrigerator. That just does NOT work for me.

I think of one of two things to get to sleep. First, I will think about my "dream future" ... where I will live, what my house will be like, what pets I will have, etc. Of course, it's not going to happen, most likely, but it's relaxing.

Or I start thinking about everyone I care about, pets included, and I think of them warm and safe and sleeping in their beds, one by one.

Pembroke_Corgi
02-18-2008, 10:55 PM
If I start thinking about things that happened that day, or things I have to do tomorrow, I just start to dwell and obsess, and I can't get to sleep. Next thing you know, I'm up making a list or cleaning out the refrigerator. That just does NOT work for me.

I think of one of two things to get to sleep. First, I will think about my "dream future" ... where I will live, what my house will be like, what pets I will have, etc. Of course, it's not going to happen, most likely, but it's relaxing.
Me too! If I start to think about what needs to be done, I HAVE to get up and do it. And usually it's impossible to do at that time of day. If I wake up in the middle of the night I usually can't fall asleep for hours because I start to obsess about things that I forget about come morning. :p

I usually think about nice things, I day dream or think about something good. My husband and I are trying to find a house to buy so before I go to bed I mentally arrange our furniture in the houses I like and think about what I would do to the house if we lived there. :o

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
02-18-2008, 10:57 PM
I try not to lay in bed until I'm tired. I tend to think too much, and get upset about things.

Last night I was thinking about Jay. Next thing I knew I was crying. I can't let that happen again.

columbine
02-18-2008, 11:28 PM
I either make up useful inventions or daydream about what I'd do if I were rich!

RobiLee
02-19-2008, 03:57 AM

I've started taking my pills at night so luckily it doesn't take me long to fall asleep:)

I love you, Anna. I have to show this to my dad. He seems to think that my friends don't worry about me at night when they go to sleep. Don't take that the wrong way though because he is also a huge fan of yours and is constantly telling me that I need to listen to you more often ;). I told you that he is always telling me that I'm lucky to have such a great friend.

Love ya!

Vette
02-19-2008, 04:28 AM
I dont think about anything. if i think about something,, i'll be up all bloomin' night long.

anna_66
02-19-2008, 08:36 AM
I love you, Anna. I have to show this to my dad. He seems to think that my friends don't worry about me at night when they go to sleep. Don't take that the wrong way though because he is also a huge fan of yours and is constantly telling me that I need to listen to you more often ;). I told you that he is always telling me that I'm lucky to have such a great friend.

Love ya!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/HugsThanks/c115.gifThanks girlfriend! You make me want to cry (a happy cry;))

Ginger's Mom
02-19-2008, 09:14 AM
I dont think about anything. if i think about something,, i'll be up all bloomin' night long.
Vette, looking at the times that you usually post on Pet Talk, I think you usually are up all night anyway. ;)

I try not to think at night. I would obsess and worry. I turn the television on to some comedy and let it drone on blocking all other thoughts, so I can fall asleep rather quickly. Without the television I would be tossing and turning all night.

Robin, although I say I try not to think, I do pray when I get into bed, and you are always in my prayers. Your father may be right about some things, but I think he under estimates how important you are to Pet Talk. (Now can I have the Katie doll? :p )

Bengalz
02-19-2008, 09:15 AM
An interesting question ... depends on what has gone on or what is to come, I guess. My mind ususally wanders abit :rolleyes:

One very prominent thought, always, as I fall asleep is how soft and warm my little kitty is because her habit is to cuddle on my shoulder and chest when we go to bed. That is amazing sleep therapy - I generally fall into a soft sleep to the sound of her purrs. :D It's wonderful.

pitc9
02-19-2008, 09:29 AM
My mind races as I'm falling asleep... did I run the dishwasher after dinner? Did I switch the laundry around? I should have run the vacuum. I should get up and put another log in the wood stove. But luckly I fall asleep rather quickly so I'm not driving myself crazy for too long!

cloverfdx
02-19-2008, 09:42 AM
It is nearly 3am here and i am dreading going to bed because i will still be lying awake at 5am thinking, but will have to go to bed as i am working today.

I usually think of the dogs, most recently of Clover getting old & the crap thats been going on at Flyball (Have not been for 3 months because of it) :(.

The dogs got out last week and Harri got clipped by a car so he kept me awake for a few nights... wondering what i would have done without my little scruffer man (He is fine though).

Pawsitive Thinking
02-19-2008, 09:55 AM
"is 5 o'clock ever going to come so I can go home"

Ginger's Mom
02-19-2008, 10:26 AM
"is 5 o'clock ever going to come so I can go home"
Okay, everyone in the office is looking at me because I started laughing uncontrollably when I read this. :D

Cataholic
02-19-2008, 12:07 PM
"WTH? They got a SECOND dog that they intend to leave outside again? What are the chances that Jonah would wake up while I hopped over two fences and banged on their backdoor? Will I be warm enough in my jammies, or have to put on a coat, first".

OR, "Should I go down to the basement and exercise, since I am awake anyhow?"

Jessika
02-19-2008, 12:18 PM
I'm bad -- lately all I can think about before falling asleep are stressful things like how I'm going to pay for college since I can't get a loan, etc. :(

K9karen
02-19-2008, 08:00 PM
Every night..my hand being bit off by a dog. Gee, ya think Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome??? Why do you think I'm on PT so late every night..sleep avoidance.

anna_66
02-20-2008, 07:18 AM
Every night..my hand being bit off by a dog. Gee, ya think Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome??? Why do you think I'm on PT so late every night..sleep avoidance.
Karen this makes me so very sad to hear:( I hope one of these days you can get over that feeling. (((HUGS)))