PDA

View Full Version : Runaway kitten found after spending 25 days in New York City subway tunnels

Catty1
02-17-2008, 10:50 PM
Cataholic - this little one is also named Georgia. I hope this good story brings some small comfort to you.
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/080217/koddities/oddity_subway_kitten

Runaway kitten found after spending 25 days in New York City subway tunnels

By The Associated Press

NEW YORK - A skittish kitten that scampered out of its carrier on a New York City subway platform has been found after 25 days in the underground tunnels.

Transit workers tracked down 6-month old Georgia under midtown Manhattan Saturday. Police reunited her with owner Ashley Phillips, a 24-year-old Bronx librarian.

After hearing that the black cat might have been spotted below Lexington Avenue and East 55th Street, track workers Mark Dalessio and Efrain LaPorte went through the area making "meow" sounds.

Georgia responded, and they found her cowering in a drain between two tracks.

Georgia had lost some weight and scratched her nose but was otherwise unhurt. She had disappeared while Phillips was bringing her home from a veterinarian visit last month.

orangemm
02-18-2008, 09:59 AM
Wow, lucky little girl! I can't imagine how she survived down there. :eek:

catmandu
02-18-2008, 03:37 PM
Theres probably enough litter, with people throwing food away that she could eat, but with the Other Starys around as well as people who dont like Cats, its a good thing taht that Kitten was found and hopefully has learned his lesson, and wont run away again. I can see her cold and hungry thinking that that mad dash was not such a good idea.

moosmom
02-19-2008, 10:41 AM
That is one lucky kitten. Those NY subways are dark and deep. Her chances of being found were not very good.

jennielynn1970
02-19-2008, 11:11 AM
She's darn lucky the rats didn't eat her!

pitc9
02-19-2008, 11:21 AM
OMG... how scary that had to be!! :eek:
Glad she's safe now!

Felicia's Mom
02-21-2008, 09:42 PM
I am glad Georgia was found and she is safe!