PDA

View Full Version : So much for getting better!

KittyCrazy
02-17-2008, 08:37 AM
My 9 yr. old came and woke me up this moring and said, "Mom! Come quick...something's wrong with Molly's eyes!". UGH! Sure enough, her eyes were filled with a thick, sticky, dark yellow discharge. I got her cleaned up and will keep a close watch on her and back to the vet we'll go tomorrow. :(

I'm feeling horrible now for bringing a new kitten home. :( I can't help but think Molly is sick because of all the stress of this new little guy.

catfamily
02-17-2008, 10:32 AM
Oh that's so upsetting and stressful. I know.I've been there.
But...try very hard not to give up on the new cat/kitten.I think this could be just a passing thing.These things happen..our cats/kittens get better and in a few months/year,it's all forgotten.And you realize how much you love the one that got the others temporarally sick at one time...way back when ;)
They both may need antibiotics.But it will soon be gone after their both taken care of.
We all share each others sicknessess,except the ones that kill.We keep those cats seperated.
So try not to worry.
And best of luck and prayers for all to be healthy very soon. :)

catmandu
02-17-2008, 12:49 PM
I Cant See Where Having A Kitten Could Cause That Unless The Kitten Was Carrying Something When You Brought Her Into Your House.
But Ive Never Heard Of A Kitten Causing A Discharge From The Eyes So Its Probably A Sad Coincedence That This Happened With The New Kitten.
We Are Praying That Molly Will Be Well And Accept Her New Friend.

Randi
02-17-2008, 02:36 PM
Poor Molly. :( I hope it's nothing serious, but it's a good idea to take her to the vet, hopefully he can give her something to clear it up.

Get better, Molly!

Freedom
02-17-2008, 02:59 PM
Oh Molly, you sure are going through the various options for symptoms, aren't you?

Please don't blame the newbie. This is just one of those pet owner times. Prayers for Molly and hugs to all of you!