PDA

View Full Version : Sick Molly Update

KittyCrazy
02-16-2008, 11:36 PM
Thank you all for your kind words and prayers for my Molly girl. She is doing better but not 100% quite yet. At least she is now eating again and seems to be in better spirits. She even played for a little bit tonight.

I am going to have to call the vet on Monday though and ask what to do about the medicine she gave me. One is an anti-nausea med so that's not a big deal since she's not throwing up at all but the other one is an anti-biotic. I got 5 pills and was supposed to give her 1 a day for 5 days. The first day I crushed it and mixed it in with some ground beef, chicken, and chicken broth and she wouldn't touch it. :( The 2nd day I put another one in JUST some tuna juice as she seemed to LOVE that when I gave it to her but when I tried it with the medicine, she refused again! UGH!!! Today I tried to get a pill down her throat and had NO success and then she was pi$$ed at me for hours and ran away from me any time I came near her. :(

So, she's much better but hasn't had ANY of her meds! UGH!!!! :rolleyes:

krazyaboutkatz
02-17-2008, 01:51 AM
I'm sorry to hear that she's been sick:( but I'm glad to hear that she seems to be feeling better.:) Have you ever tried pill pockets? You can buy them from pet stores or your vet. They're soft treats that you can hide pills in and most cats love them. Good luck.:)

KittyCrazy
02-17-2008, 08:34 AM
Have you ever tried pill pockets? You can buy them from pet stores or your vet. They're soft treats that you can hide pills in and most cats love them. Good luck.:)

No, I never have! I'll check into that! Thanks!

Grace
02-17-2008, 11:04 AM
Does she like shrimp? I find that with some of my cats I can break the pill in pieces, and stuff each piece in the middle of a piece of shrimp - and down it goes!!

Taz_Zoee
02-17-2008, 12:26 PM
Don't forget Monday is a holiday.
I can always get Taz to take meds with tuna. But I wish you luck on finding what works for cute little Molly.

catmandu
02-17-2008, 12:46 PM
Thats Frustrating When You Have To Pill A Cat.
My Vet Puts The Medicine In Liquid Form, So At Least I Can Wipe It On Thier Nose Or Paws.
That Way They Get Some Of The Medicine Into Them.
Praying Again For Your Dear Molly.

Felicia's Mom
02-17-2008, 05:00 PM
Sending good vibes for Molly.

phesina
02-17-2008, 06:51 PM
More prayers for your beloved Molly. I hope the pill pockets will work with her pills. Or, the shrimp sounds like a great idea!

Craftlady
02-17-2008, 08:00 PM
I've used the pill shooters with pretty good success.
Also putting pill back of their throat, close the mouth and blow on their face. They get taken back and swallow the pill. ;)

Anymore, I ask our vet for liquid medications it's so much easier.