PDA

View Full Version : Slideshow I made

K9soul
02-16-2008, 05:42 PM
I haven't made a slide show since I moved, it's something I used to enjoy doing quite a bit.

I made this one today. It represents my move and new life here in Northern Illinois. I thought I'd share for anyone who cared to take a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vQUytAXvd0

The truck with the Hiawatha symbol is my mom and stepfather's rig, they drive it all over the U.S. delivering to military bases. It is painted and styled after my stepfather's passion the Old Milwaukee Railroad. They moved me with it :). I'll attach a photo of it they just sent me from Georgia a few days ago.

Taz_Zoee
02-16-2008, 05:59 PM
That was a great slideshow. I just became so relaxed while watching it, with the nice music and the beautiful pictures. Your new home is absolutely lovely. So much space for the dogs to run and play and beautiful scenery.
Thanks for sharing. :)

lizbud
02-16-2008, 06:16 PM
It looks like a very beautiful place for a new beginning. :) Thank you for
sharing the video. :)

chocolatepuppy
02-16-2008, 06:31 PM
Beautiful video Jessica! That truck is sharp! Good to see your pups also. :D

Cataholic
02-16-2008, 07:11 PM
That was beautiful!

Cinder & Smoke
02-16-2008, 09:40 PM
WoooooooooooW! :)

That was a BEAUTIFUL show!!
Hope ya like *S*N*O*W* - 'cause it looks like it's a sure thing!

Happie New HOME!!
***Enjoy***!

:D

dukedogsmom
02-16-2008, 10:50 PM
You tube is blocked here at work so I'll have to see it tomorrow. I'll bet it's good. All of your videos I've seen are great!

Kfamr
02-17-2008, 09:17 AM
That was beautiful, Jess! I watched it last night but was too sleepy to comment. :p You've got a gorgeous place there and I'm jealous of that snow! I think my favorite was the one of the license plate... cool shot!

Randi
02-17-2008, 09:57 AM
What a wonderful slideshow, and the truck is amazing - wow!! How old is it? Must be fun to ride around in that!

Hellow
02-17-2008, 10:04 AM
Very nice slideshow! Looks like the perfect place for a new beginning, for you and your dogs. It looks like they love it there too. Unfortunalty i am having a lag problem with flash ever since i upgraded my os so i could not enjoy it to the fullest.

Rachel
02-17-2008, 11:03 AM
Jess, what a good job you did in creating that slideshow. It seems like your first winter here in Illinois was a bit of a test of your strength and endurance.....and you're still here!!! It also shows that there is beauty and peace and love wherever you are, if one just looks to find it. I predict that there will be other discoveries for you to make and happy days ahead. Thanks for sharing the video and would enjoy seeing more *slices of life* for you and the kids.

K9soul
02-17-2008, 11:28 AM
Hope ya like *S*N*O*W* - 'cause it looks like it's a sure thing!

Oh I love snow! I was actually worried when I moved here I wouldn't see as much of it as I did in Minnesota but it seems that is not an issue LOL. At least it is not as cold here! The only problem is I ended up hurting my lower back pretty bad from shoveling all of it so much. I cannot shovel anymore at this point but I have a kind neighbor who has helped me out with that.

Randi, I can't remember how old the truck is now, they had it custom made. I would guess maybe 5 years or so now. I need to get some photos from the inside, it has a large sleeper and kitchenette and even a little bathroom with shower.

For anyone unfamiliar with the historic train this is what it is painted/modeled after:

http://www.brian894x4.com/images/MilwaukeeRoadheader.gif

It has had varying looks through history but always with the orange and black and the red tilted box and Hiawatha symbol.

A couple photos of his model trains:

http://pix.myphotoalbum.com/k/k9/k9s/k9so/k9sou/k9soul/albums/album12/traintrio.sized.jpg

http://pix.myphotoalbum.com/k/k9/k9s/k9so/k9sou/k9soul/albums/album12/train3.sized.jpg

He has a large setup in their basement with train tracks that are about chest high and real working train cars that circle around the basement along the wall.

Rachel, I've been here through fall and winter now, looking forward to spring and summer. I will have to make a new show when I get a new collection of photos :).

Thanks so much again everyone for your kind words. I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

Alysser
02-17-2008, 11:40 AM
What a great place to start a new beginning, Jess. I am really happy for you. You really did start over. I hope you and the dogs continue to be happy in Illinois. Great slide show. You got some very pretty pictures!!

ramanth
02-17-2008, 02:07 PM
Gorgeous photos Jess! I think I need to plan a trip out to IL some day. :D ;)

Suki Wingy
02-18-2008, 12:41 PM
Yes you do!

I found myself getting really relaxed while watching the slideshow, it was beautiful.

Daisy and Delilah
02-18-2008, 01:37 PM
Jess, this is such a beautiful thing to do. It is absolutely wonderful. I know how much courage it took to get you where you are right now. Thanks so much for sharing your new life with us. :)

Kisses to those adorable three please :)

Jadapit
02-18-2008, 01:41 PM
The slide show was beautiful. The song went perfect with it. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Logan
02-19-2008, 01:43 PM
I watched your slideshow the other day, Jessica and you did a great job, as always. I'm still hoping you will send me the link to the one you did a couple of years ago with our beautiful RB babies. *hint, hint*

K9soul
02-19-2008, 02:20 PM
I watched your slideshow the other day, Jessica and you did a great job, as always. I'm still hoping you will send me the link to the one you did a couple of years ago with our beautiful RB babies. *hint, hint*

Logan, I am so sorry. I remember you asking me about that now some time ago, it may have been before I moved. Some time ago when I was in a great deal of extreme stress and emotional torment one day I deleted my old youtube account. I later made a new one but had never put all the videos back up that had been on the old one. I remember when you asked, I thought how I needed to upload that again and then too much was going on and it slipped my mind. I put it up today as soon as I saw your post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4T8Pbl4bMk

Logan
02-20-2008, 07:47 AM
Thank you, Jess. I have it bookmarked now. :)

Logan
02-20-2008, 10:24 AM
Jess, what is the music in the background? I can't remember what it is, but I love it and I'm thinking I need to use it and do a slideshow of my own for Lilly, Zipper, Murphy and Mimi. I have so many pictures that I would like to use and the music you used is just wonderful.

K9soul
02-20-2008, 10:49 AM
Jess, what is the music in the background? I can't remember what it is, but I love it and I'm thinking I need to use it and do a slideshow of my own for Lilly, Zipper, Murphy and Mimi. I have so many pictures that I would like to use and the music you used is just wonderful.

For the memorial slideshow I used "Friends" performed by Na Leo. It has been performed by others but I liked how gentle and soothing that one was for remembrance. I purchased it off itunes.