PDA

View Full Version : My dogs on triple lead

Mycavyangels
02-16-2008, 09:55 AM
I bought this lead on Ebay, and its very good as i can walk three of my cavs on one lead. Its great, until they see a squirrel

heres some pics

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd84/Cavaliercrazy_01/dogs021-5.jpg
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd84/Cavaliercrazy_01/dogs019-5.jpg
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd84/Cavaliercrazy_01/dogs023-7.jpg

Alysser
02-16-2008, 10:23 AM
I want a Cavy so bad!! They are such amazing dogs. You are very lucky to have four wonderful dogs. That is a cool idea, I had to laugh at the squirrel part though. Imagine 3 big dogs, that would be scary! :eek:

Mycavyangels
02-16-2008, 10:26 AM
I want a Cavy so bad!! They are such amazing dogs. You are very lucky to have four wonderful dogs. That is a cool idea, I had to laugh at the squirrel part though. Imagine 3 big dogs, that would be scary! :eek:

yer :eek: :D

chocolatepuppy
02-16-2008, 10:49 AM
That's really cute! Watch they don't take off and drag you down the road. :D

Freedom
02-16-2008, 11:33 AM
I've heard of it not seen on in use. Wow! I think they are called 'couplers' here, at least the listings I have seen. I have a double, and put my girls on it.

How did you decide which 3 work best? I think I see Buddy, Emily and Roxy. So Rosy is not on it. Does she not respond as well?

Mycavyangels
02-16-2008, 11:39 AM
I've heard of it not seen on in use. Wow! I think they are called 'couplers' here, at least the listings I have seen. I have a double, and put my girls on it.

How did you decide which 3 work best? I think I see Buddy, Emily and Roxy. So Rosy is not on it. Does she not respond as well?

i didnt put rosie on because she has a bad leg from a previous operation.
she is slower than my other 3 ,so she would be pulled by the other three if i put her on it

Cinder & Smoke
02-16-2008, 11:45 AM
Ahhhhhh, yes ... the ole 3-way-Y ...

Brings back fond memories of Cinder, Smokey, and lil Bowser.

I always wished we'd tried a *Sled*!

;)

shais_mom
02-16-2008, 12:11 PM
cute cute cute! :D

Taz_Zoee
02-16-2008, 12:32 PM
That looks like it works great for you! Having three (or four) dogs of the same size is probably the best for one of those.
So, when do we get another photo shoot of your cavy's? My co-worker (actually former co-worker) could use a dose of cute cavy pictures. :) And of course, so could I.

BC_MoM
02-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Which seller did you get that from? I really could use one for walking my three.

Pam
02-16-2008, 01:33 PM
Very very cute! I have used a coupler (for two dogs) and didn't even know they were available for three (not that I have three dogs :p ). I am amazed that you were able to hold the leash in one hand and use the camera in the other. I have thought of doing that but have been afraid that the camera would wind up on the ground. :rolleyes:

Freedom
02-16-2008, 02:50 PM
BC Mom, PetEdge has the 3 way couplers; that is where I bought my 2 way. See here:

http://www.petedge.com/catalog/search.jsp?N=0&Nty=1&Ntk=AllSearch&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=coupler

Seravieve
02-16-2008, 02:56 PM
Very nice.
I have a coupler (2way) for our dogs.. I use it with Bunny and Eli when we go for walks. For the most part.. its a lot easier than two leashes! I got mine at Petsmart.

cassiesmom
02-16-2008, 08:49 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd84/Cavaliercrazy_01/dogs023-7.jpg
"Here we come, walkin down the street..."
Cavies, you are so CUTE!!!

3GSDMom
02-16-2008, 09:01 PM
A very useful device. I had no idea they made them for three dogs. I have the coupler [for two dogs] and used it for the GSDs. Made walking them much easier.

Your three seem to enjoy it :)

Ginger's Mom
02-16-2008, 09:09 PM
Yes, I had to chuckle at the squirrel comment, too. You can't tell me those little cuties would chase a squirrel. ;) They look like they walk quite well together. :)

4 Dog Mother
02-18-2008, 09:03 AM
Very, very cute. The coupler looks like it works great with your dogs. We have one for two - two of them. Carl looked very funny one day when he was walking five of them - 2 on one leash, 2 on another and 1 single. Now we could get another coupler but I am not sure that Tucker would do well with any of the other dogs.

pitc9
02-18-2008, 09:22 AM
What a group of cutie pies you have! Glad they got the hang if it quickly!

Pembroke_Corgi
02-18-2008, 10:42 PM
Oh they are so cute!! I tried a double lead before with two of my dogs, but one loves to pull and the other has to stop and sniff EVERYTHING so needless to say it didn't work too well. :p

Your three seem to have the hang of though! Thanks for sharing your adorable pictures! :)

Cinder & Smoke
02-19-2008, 12:23 AM
but one loves to pull and the other has to stop and sniff EVERYTHING ...
so needless to say it didn't work too well. :p

THIS is when a Y-thingy works the best!

You let *the Puller* pull against *the Sniffer* ...
all you have to do is keep up with the center ring - you can usually do that
by adjusting your pace (and sometimes direction :p ) ...
You let the DOGS work against each other, not YOU.

"EVENTUALLY", they'll catch on that they're being their own worst problems -
and wthey'll work out a system of exchanging the leadership back & forth.

:)
/s/ Phred

3muttsandaboston
02-19-2008, 12:50 AM
I have a coupler but would love one of those for my three. I wish I could find a store that sells them.