PDA

View Full Version : Uh Oh!!! My Son Has...........

critter crazy
02-15-2008, 04:11 PM
RINGWORM!!!!!http://pets-n-people.net/vb/images/smilies/eek.gif Ewwww.......I about Jumped when the doctor told us today!!! He just has one spot, on his back. I kind of thought it would be, from the look of the rash, but wasnt sure. Now I am just Grossed out, and have no clue where he could have gotten it from. I gave all my animals a Thorough check over, and none of them seem to have it. The doctor said he could have gotten it from school tho, so who knows for sure. I have never had ringworm, nor seen it up close, so this is a new one for me!http://pets-n-people.net/vb/images/smilies/added/no.gif
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

caseysmom
02-15-2008, 04:14 PM
No biggie its just a fungus just keep him away from the pets its a pain when they get it.

gemini9961
02-15-2008, 04:19 PM
I've had it before on my arm. You can get it from the dirt. I think that is where I got mine. I had been out gardening and scratched my arm with my dirty hands and a few days later there it was. Went to the doctor they gave me some cream and I was good to go.

critter crazy
02-15-2008, 04:24 PM
No biggie its just a fungus just keep him away from the pets its a pain when they get it.

I know, that is my biggest worry right now, is the animals getting it!:eek: Now the spot he has is on his back, can he still hold the cats?? or is it just best to leave them alone for now???:confused:

petslover
02-15-2008, 04:59 PM
Ew. I hate these things. I used to get them as a kid. I caught it from a dog a long time ago.

Just whatever you do, make sure you apply the cream until its really gone. Even if it looks like its almost gone, still apply the cream until its completely gone.. It took me about 2 months to get rid it.

ramanth
02-15-2008, 05:10 PM
Icky! Hope it goes away quickly.

caseysmom
02-15-2008, 05:17 PM
I would keep your son away from your animals just to be sure. As much as possible anyway.

sumbirdy
02-16-2008, 01:17 PM
Nathan had ringworm at the end of last summer right where his hair ended on the back of his neck. Turns out one of our cats had it. I had to treat them both and it took forever to go away. But I wouldn't worry about it, they have some really good creams out there.

Hellow
02-17-2008, 10:10 AM
I have ringworm, and it never goes away. I think i got it from my mom, who also has it. Every summer it will come out, it is very embarrassing. Best way to kill it: slice a lime in half and put half the lime on the ringworm you wish to kill. Leave it on there for like 5 min just to make sure it dies. idk if you can reuse the lemon cause it might have the stuff that causes it on it (gotta look up what causes it). You cant really get rid of it completely, my mom never has and i cant either.

EDIT: heres some facts that you might like to know about it:

People can get Ringworm from: 1) direct skin-to-skin contact with an infected person or pet, 2) indirect contact with an object or surface that an infected person or pet has touched, or 3) rarely, by contact with soil.
Ringworm can be treated with fungus-killing medicine.
To prevent Ringworm, 1) make sure all infected persons and pets get appropriate treatment, 2) avoid contact with infected persons and pets, 3) do not share personal items, and 4) keep common-use areas clean.

sumbirdy
02-17-2008, 01:36 PM
You cant really get rid of it completely, my mom never has and i cant either.

]

Yes you can. I've had one and it went completely away. And Nathan's has gone completely away too.

cassiesmom
02-17-2008, 08:32 PM
Critter Crazy, how is your son?

critter crazy
02-17-2008, 08:34 PM
He is doing just fine now, he got sick friday night and saturday, but now is fine. He dosent even notice the Ringworm, but gets annoyed that mommy has keep putting that darn cold cream on his back!:p

buttercup132
02-17-2008, 10:17 PM
I have ringworm, and it never goes away My bf has had it for a long time too, like a few years and he never knew what it was until I made him go to the doctors. He got cream for it but he's a guy so of course he didn't use it properly and still has it:rolleyes: