PDA

View Full Version : Not too impressed

Presley
08-17-2002, 11:07 PM
I do not know if this card i got today came from here or from another msg board i belong to. But i use one email address for the dog msg boards i belong to and that is all that email address is used for. I do not know many peoples email address's here at all so this leaves me a bit nervous on who it could be.
All i would like to say is i do not appreciate getting harassing and abusive crap sent to me and for this reason and this reason only i will no longer be posting here or on any other dog msg board i have signed up on.
I honestly thought people were more mature then this.
Thank you for your time.

anna_66
08-17-2002, 11:16 PM
Melissa,
Please don't go. I've also gotten some "strange" things in my email too, and I also only have it for my message board here, and at cutefamilypets. Maybe it was someone else, not one of the regulars? I couldn't tell you, but don't let it make you leave. We like seeing pictures of Presley and hearing about your new horses.
Anna

Aspen and Misty
08-17-2002, 11:18 PM
People on Pet talk wouldn't send you something bad! If you belong to multipule boards how do you know it was one of us? It could have been from the other boards! Don't go, we love eharing abotu Presly and the new Foals!

Karen
08-17-2002, 11:21 PM
Please forward the email to me at "[email protected]" and I will be able to tell if it was "one of ours" and act appropriately.

Presley
08-17-2002, 11:26 PM
I actually have a feeling it is from another board..
One that i use the name WRPresley..... I am not too happy at all this.
I am sorry to the people of Pet Talk because when i did go back and read it again to send to Karen WRPresley was what they called me and you all know me as Presley here.. So this leave the lab board that i belong to...errr

I should know better. People here are sweethearts..
Sorry Karen. I do believe it is from another board.

shais_mom
08-17-2002, 11:36 PM
Presley, I am sorry about your trouble. I hope you get this matter taken care of. I don't want you to leave, I love hearing about Presley and the foster pups.

delidog
08-18-2002, 04:59 AM
Presley,
ditto on that....i am sorry that you received something distasteful....like you say,people sholud be more mature...but i'm glad it wasn't a Pettalker!!(didn't think so!!)
we would hate to loose you as a member and furkidfriend....
we love your dear preasley....and with the new foals coming...we can't wait to watch them grow up on Pet Talk...
so glad that it worked out!!!:)

anna_66
08-18-2002, 07:39 AM
Well (sigh!) glad to hear it wasn't a pettalker, and glad you'll be staying, wouldn't want to miss a thing with that sweet Presley and the new horses!

tatsxxx11
08-18-2002, 07:59 AM
You're not alone, Melissa! Apparently there are a few newbies here who find me and my posts "stange and stupid!" I've been getting some nasty ones too. It really is upsetting. But, I know it is not a reflection of the dozens of sincere, dedicated, kind Pet Talk animal AND people lovers we have come to know and call our friends. As hard as it is, try to ignore them Melissa. They're not worth the time and effort of a response. You stay put now! We love you, Presley and we're all so excited about the foals!!!:) {{{Hugs}}} Sandra

Cincy'sMom
08-18-2002, 08:38 AM
Glad to hear you are staiyng Melissa. I get obnoxiuos email all the time, although it is not usually personal, just spam. How frustrating!

KYS
08-18-2002, 09:16 AM
posted by tatsxxx11:You're not alone, Melissa! Apparently there are a few newbies here who find me and my posts "stange and stupid!" I've been getting some nasty ones too. >>>>>>>>>

Sandra, and others I am not sure, but can't you edit your
user cp so that you will not get e-mails, and to only
receive the private message's that come to you via Pet Talk?
That way you do not have to have your e-mail showing
and you will know what you get is from Pet Talk.
Melissa, maybe the other list you have has something
like this too.
Sandra, your posts are always the most thoughtful posts. :)

Former User
08-18-2002, 09:22 AM
And how about PM's that are just so annoying when they really don't say anything? Been getting few of those lately, from newbies (not blaming all newbies do this). .. :rolleyes: if you can't say anything that makes sense, don't say it then.

And I agree, Sandra's posts are the most thoughtful ones! Not weird nor strange!

tatsxxx11
08-18-2002, 09:22 AM
Hi KYS!! I really did get my knickers in a twist when I read my "note" this morning!!:D Can't take it too seriously though! Unfortunately, it was a PM from PT that was the really upsetting one. But, I think I have to follow my own advice that I dish out so readily.........ignore it!:) 99.99999999% of all posters on PT are incredibly kind, thoughtful, supportive WONDERFUL people! Thanks for your sweet comments all. The sentiment is mutual!!:DGROUP HUG!!:D

Dixie Belle
08-18-2002, 09:30 AM
I'm so glad to hear that you are staying on the board. I really would have hated to see you go. But I can understand your frustration. Some people in this world don't use the sense the good Lord gave them.

wolf_Q
08-18-2002, 01:45 PM
Glad to here it wasn't a pet talker and that you are staying! Luckily I haven't received anything bad from newbies or others here...I wonder why you have Sandra, I don't see anything wrong with your posts! :confused:

shais_mom
08-18-2002, 03:26 PM
Now I am more upset that someone has been harrassing sweet Sandra. How RUDE!!
Noone deserves to be harassed and any of the newbies should know better. How immature. Is there anyway that Karen can post a topic in General or in each of the Generals about this?? This has got to stop. The newbies will be driving off the old-timers. But this should definately come from Karen or Paul.

ChrisH
08-18-2002, 04:41 PM
Presley. Im so glad that you are not leaving us:)

I really don`t understand why people send the abusive, nasty, or both, stuff you all been having. I just can`t get my head around it, but I wish there were some way to stop it. Karen? Paul? Is there?

slleipnir
08-18-2002, 08:38 PM
I'm glad your staying too, I love reading/seeing posts from you and Presley :] Maybe someone was just jealous of your sweet pup ;]

Karen
08-18-2002, 11:54 PM
As I said before, if someone from PetTalk - (I'm glad it wasn't someone from here for you, Presley) - send you something harrassing, forward it to me, [email protected]. I will then take the appropriate action, after also talking with Paul.

K9karen
08-19-2002, 08:46 AM
Hey Presley!! Glad and relieved it wasn't one of us..we're such a tight group and so protective of each other....Good for you for staying and letting Karen and Paul handle it. The Mayor will enforce all the PT rules!! AND.... GRGRGRGRGR!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: NOBODY, BUT NOBODY messes with my sweet, adorable, sensitive, loving, excellent, long time friend..Sandra!!! She loves everyone- she's AWESOME.. She has enough to handle without being harrassed!!That goes for all of us..PT is fun, love and commarderie!!

Ann
08-19-2002, 08:50 AM
I've too had A LOT of idiotic people harrass me and say the most terrible things, and to say the least; it really sucks :( I'm sorry to hear you've been subjected to that sort of shit too, some people just need to get lives.

Glad to hear you're staying :)

Crikit
08-19-2002, 06:58 PM
Melissa glad you're staying I love looking at the pics of Presley and I just can't understand why anyone would send anything nasty to you Sandra your to nice of a person to deserve stuff like that...I will smite them!!!!!!!!!! :D that is if i was a violent person I would.