PDA

View Full Version : Look what we found.

buttercup132
02-14-2008, 08:21 PM
My mom called me saying she needed my help because she found a dog running loose. She said she almost got hit by 3 cars but she finally caught her.
She's pretty nervous, she already tried to bite me but I think I went to fast.
So I guess she is fear agressive?
Other then that she's a nice girl and so far is ok with Rockee we havnt tried her with the cats though.

She looks like a Miniture American Eskimo mix.
Her coat is pretty dull feeling and she needs a good grooming so I'm gonna bring her to work tomorrow and fix her up. She got a ton of undercoat that needs to come out.

The pictures aren't great because it's dark and my camera suchs for indoor pictures. Sorry the eyes look kinda goofy too because I got rid of the flash in her eyes.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii289/BC132/Dogs/IMG_1049.jpg

Here's one for size (she's the size of a eskie too)

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii289/BC132/Dogs/IMG_1039.jpg

Oh and for now were calling her Pixie.
I thought maybe a Valentine's day name but can't think of any good ones so feel free to suggest.

Alysser
02-14-2008, 08:23 PM
So does this mean there is a new addition to pet talk? ;) She's adorable! It's great of you to take her in. I hope she doesn't turn out to be aggressive.

critter crazy
02-14-2008, 08:24 PM
She is a cutie. Glad your mom was able to save her. Are you gonna try looking for her owners??

buttercup132
02-14-2008, 08:26 PM
Haha I wish Alyssa, maybe she will grow on my parents;)
Me and my sister walked her to my grandparents and they think we should keep her if we don't find the owners.

Yep we called the guy who deals with lost animals. He asked us to hold onto her and if anyone calls then he will give them our number or call us.

lorn
02-14-2008, 08:37 PM
tee hee! Em no, we are not keeping her Ali....
She deffo belongs to someone and im sure they will figure out she is missing if not tonight then by morning.
For now she can stay all cosy in Ali's room.
What a nightmare that was, trying to stop her from gettin hit. I think i almost smashed me van up 3 times tryin to block other cars from hitting the poor thing.
She just kept on running like forest gump, but in the road. I got ahead of her in me van and blocked her off,praying she wouldnt turn the othr way and run. I got out and gently crouched down and she came to me. All i had was the charger cord for my gps, to slip thru her collar so it would act as a leash.
She jumped in me van no problem.
Phew, my heart was beating so fast, i was so scared for it.
Anyhow the animal control have my number and cell, so hopefully someone will call very soon, surley she must be missed. She has collar but no tags. Ali can take her to work tomorrow. Upstairs from her is animal adptions so they can scan her for a microchip.
I tell ya somin though, Ali is really brave , cause she already tried to bite her (mind u she is so scared and confussed) but ali just was stern with her and put her hand right back on her to stroke her.
Lets pray we find the owners.

buttercup132
02-14-2008, 08:41 PM
I wouldn't mind if we didn't find the owners:rolleyes:
There's lots of dogs that get dumped with collars on.
Someone on another forum suggested a Keish hound mix too which she also fits the description of.

Kfamr
02-14-2008, 08:41 PM
Put some posters up around in the area you found her and surrounding area. Her owners might now know about the "lost animals guy." Maybe try calling the vets in the area, too. Have her scanned for a microchip. She doesn't look too bad off so there's gotta be someone looking for her.

I'm sure her owners would mind if you found them.

Karen
02-14-2008, 08:42 PM
Aww, she's a cutie, that's for sure! Thanks for rescuing her, lorn, and I am glad you didn't total the van in the process.

Ginger's Mom
02-14-2008, 09:10 PM
Wow, she sure is a beauty. Thanks for taking her in and keeping her safe. I hope you can get her back with her family fairly quickly.

buttercup132
02-14-2008, 09:13 PM
I think her owner is on the phone I'll update in a bit.

buttercup132
02-14-2008, 09:28 PM
Her owners just called.
Apparently she runs loose on their property and never leave their side but her husband thought she went with his wife to some type of hall and the dog followed the truck. My mom found her aruond the hall too so it makes sense.
Her name is Marla and she is 12. I figured she was old.
Anyways she's going back home http://pbsmiles.org/pbsmiles/upload/smilies/lol.gif

caseysmom
02-14-2008, 09:30 PM
Oh well that is a happy ending.

cassiesmom
02-14-2008, 09:31 PM
She's pretty! Marla, please don't go in the street again.

K9karen
02-14-2008, 11:42 PM
I'm sure the owners are grateful you all saved her from getting hit by traffic and kept her safe. It's a good feeling, isn't it? Good for you.

lorn
02-15-2008, 07:18 AM
yeah and apparantley, she is 12 years old. The owner said she is doing weird things latley, like sheis going senile. This is what happend to out thunder in the last little while. So I do hope they decide not to leave her loose anymore, because there is something they call doggy Alzheimer's.
Just glad it was happy ending and that i managed to save her from the cars. :)

buttercup132
02-15-2008, 07:27 AM
Karen she didn't seem that greatful. She said thank for saving her but she seemed like she just wanted to get out of our house and didn't want to talk or anything.
Then she let her off the leash again when she walked back to her truck:rolleyes:

Rachel
02-15-2008, 07:33 AM
yeah and apparantley, she is 12 years old. The owner said she is doing weird things latley, like sheis going senile. This is what happend to out thunder in the last little while. So I do hope they decide not to leave her loose anymore, because there is something they call doggy Alzheimer's.
Just glad it was happy ending and that i managed to save her from the cars. :)

Bless your hearts. One of my RB dogs developed doggy Alzheimer's around 13 years of age and it was so sad. She did lose all sense of staying in her own yard which previously she had been so dependable. She became quite disoriented and would even fall into the window wells.

Thank you for saving this old girl. I hope her owners will realize that extra care must be taken and she cannot be left outside unsupervised if they do not have a fenced in yard.

Alysser
02-15-2008, 07:35 AM
It's good that you found her owners though. :D She must have been very happy. Lorn, yeah there actually is something called Canine Alzheimer's. My friends Boston Terrier was just put to sleep over it. One of the symptoms is leaving the yard that they were trained not to leave and becoming lost..:( I hope the sweetie makes it okay.

Freedom
02-15-2008, 07:52 AM
Well that is SOME Valentine's tale! I am so pleased that you got her safe. AND that you got photos to share with us! I'll say a few prayers for Mara, that her owners 'get' it and take good care of her. They've had her 12 years, so maybe they just need to realize she is older now and things need to adapt.

Glad to hear the van survived! :D