PDA

View Full Version : Molly's not doing well...suggestions?

KittyCrazy
02-14-2008, 07:27 PM
Molly refuses to eat any of the gooey slop that the vet gave her to eat so I called the vet today and said Molly won't have ANY part of it. So, she told me to stop in then and get some medicine to mix in to some home made food of hamburger, chicken, and tuna. I grilled and then boiled the hamburger and mixed that in with some boiled dark meat chicken and added a little bit of organic free range chicken broth. I offered her just a little bit of it and she wanted nothing to with THAT either! This is the cat that would normally naw off your left arm to get at a treat like this. :(

So, now what? And how the heck am I going to get her to take the meds....I don't think she will EVER cooperate to let me put them down her throat. I don't even know HOW to do that!

Freedom
02-14-2008, 07:47 PM
Molly Dolly , please don't make things so complex for meowmie! She is really trying hard to help you feel better!

So for now you just want her to EAT, eat anything, right? How about a can of tuna in oil? That is really smelly and the smell can get the appetite going sometimes.

Boiled rice and boiled chicken are an easy bland diet, not sure if she will go for that.

Good luck, I am sure others will have suggestions for you!

columbine
02-14-2008, 08:06 PM
There's a cat treat called Kitty Kaviar that's shaved freeze-dried bonito mackerel - it's REALLY smelly. A drop or two of warm water should really brin out the aroma! See if you can find some at the pet store (or any dried bonito flake treat) and try that.

Love, Columbine

KittyCrazy
02-14-2008, 10:00 PM
There's a cat treat called Kitty Kaviar that's shaved freeze-dried bonito mackerel - it's REALLY smelly. A drop or two of warm water should really brin out the aroma! See if you can find some at the pet store (or any dried bonito flake treat) and try that.

Love, Columbine

I'll try that tomorrow. I did give her a spoonful of tuna in a bowl and she smelled it for quite awhile (almost like she WANTED to eat it) but then walked about 3 feet away and layed down. :(

moosmom
02-15-2008, 05:36 PM
What kind of medicine is it, liquid or pill form?? You can finely crush up the pill into a powder and mix it in with smelly sardines, just enough for her to wolf it down and not figure out there's something in it. About a tsp.

Have you tried putting it in RAW hamburg (just a taste) or raw liver??

Medusa
02-15-2008, 06:40 PM
Raw ground chicken works well for me for my more stubborn kitty kats that need meds. You can sprinkle ground pills as Donna suggested or use a dropper for liquids and mix it in w/the ground chicken.