PDA

View Full Version : Co-worker's husband has been charged with her murder

pitc9
02-14-2008, 01:59 PM
Almost 2 years after he shot and killed her and their 6 year old daughter.

Here's the original thread:
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=99641

On Tuesday (2/12/08) he pled guilty to two counts of aggravated murder with mass murder and firearm specifications.
He was accused of murdering his wife and 6-year-old daughter on Feb. 22, 2006, in their Mayfield Village home.
Prosecutors agreed to recommend a sentence of life without parole. A three-judge panel deliberated and could have given him a sentence from 20-years to life in prison or the death penalty.

Today... just 20 minutes ago.... he was sentenced to life in prison without parole.

http://www.woio.com/Global/story.asp?S=7872987&nav=menu68_2

Rest in peace Vikki and Krystal. :(
You are greatly missed.

sparks19
02-14-2008, 03:14 PM
Oh wow that is so sad. I'm glad he is now paying for this terrible crime.

RIP.

Pawsitive Thinking
02-14-2008, 03:40 PM
Oh good Lord - words fail me....

cyber-sibes
02-14-2008, 04:38 PM
How sad. Sometimes I just don't understand. Rest in peace, dear ones, and I hope this sentence will at least bring a measure of closure to her grieving family, they must miss them so. I feel for his family too, hard to believe your child grew up to do something like this.

moosmom
02-14-2008, 04:44 PM
May he think about what he did every second of every day for the rest of his natural life.

RIP girls.

ramanth
02-14-2008, 04:50 PM
*hugs*

lizbud
02-14-2008, 05:00 PM
I guess he overcame his head injuries. What a terrible & tragic story.

Catty1
02-14-2008, 08:42 PM
I just read the news story - and they said the motive wasn't clear.

Sheesh...pitc, do you have any inside knowledge of why people thought he did it? Obviously he couldn't plead insanity...

At least he'll be locked up and have to face that the rest of his life. I don't know if he has a conscience...

Rest in peace, Vikki and Krystal. :(

DJFyrewolf36
02-14-2008, 11:39 PM
This is sad. On a similar note one of the people I've met at parties has reciently been sentanced to 15 years for hiring a hit man to kill his wife. :( So sad that people feel that they have no choice but murder.

RIP Viki and Krystal

K9karen
02-15-2008, 12:01 AM
So sad for everyone. How is the poor, surviving daughter holding up? I can't imagine living with this for the rest of her life. Everyone loses. I'm sending her a hug

pitc9
02-15-2008, 07:19 AM
Here's a link to today's newpaper article.
http://www.news-herald.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=19298815&BRD=1698&PAG=461&dept_id=21849&rfi=6

Catty - He refuses to tell anyone why he did it. It was found out shortly after the shootings happened that he was an active member of the Hells Angels, and rumors went around that he was afraid other members were going to kill him for reasons unknown. Also rumored were that the family was having money problems... maybe that tied into the problems with the Hells Angels.

After he was released from the hospital and was moved to a prison he started calling Jennifer (the girl in the picture... she also worked here with me) but wouldn't speak. He would sit on the phone and Jenni would keep asking him why he did it, but all he would do is sit in silence on the phone listening to Jenni. His defense team tried pleading insanity, but that was short lived, he was found competent to stand trial quickly.

Karen- Jenni is doing surprisingly well. She's pregnant with her 2nd child, this one is a boy. She stops back here at work every once in a while, but we all know how hard it is for her to come back here.

Thank you all for your words of support, I'm sure it's going to be a quiet day around the office here today. :(

anna_66
02-15-2008, 07:35 AM
How very, very sad:( (((HUGS)))