PDA

View Full Version : Pet Talk Best in Show

cassiesmom
02-14-2008, 11:34 AM
I'm not sure where else to put this, so I'll put it here in the Dog House...

There are tons of "Best in Pet Talk" dogs as far as I'm concerned! I wish I could give out about a zillion blue ribbons.

Here goes. Everyone, feel free to add more.

Best actor in a leading role: Welovespuppies' Chopper, Kfamr's Mufasa, Fritz03's Fritz

Best actress in a leading role: Kfamr's Kiki, Edwina's Secretary's Edwina, Cyber-Sibes' Star

Best actor in a supporting role: Edwina's Secretary's Eddie, Cyber-Sibes' Jack

Best ensemble cast: Glacier's dogs and cats, Catmandu's Found Kitties, Kimlovescats' dogs and cats, Lvpets2002's cats, Kfamr's Muttlies, Freedom's dogs and cats (especially at sandwich making time!)

Best special needs pets: Taccoa, Elmer, Amy (CH cats) - edit to add Mikus Marco ButterScotch

Best pet coming through medical treatment: Miss Hoppy, K9soul's Raven, Cincy's Mom's Cincy, Jen Luckenbach's Mister Meow, Catmandu's dental patients

Pet with most beautiful eyes: All the Huskies on Pet Talk with their stunning eyes and sweet faces!

Pet Talk Best in Show: All of them!!!

lvpets2002
02-14-2008, 11:38 AM
;) Oh How So Nice & Honored we are for this Thread.. Oh yes Taccoa & Elmer & Amy got Best in Special Needs.. Too Sweet.. Now dont forget ButterScotch is CH also.. Many Thanks for this Thread Elyse..

Husky_mom
02-14-2008, 12:37 PM
a while back we had the dog/cat olympics.... maybe we should try a contest like the coolest dog/cat type...

and set categories for example:

best head tilt (hehe)
best smile
best profile
best cuddle
best jump
best attitude
best bark/howl (we can upload videos here)
best buddies

and so on.....

and we can manage to get a prize for the winner/s.... just a lil something form a siggy to a small conmemorative prize.... just a thought....:D

Daisy and Delilah
02-14-2008, 12:49 PM
Best Dressed on the Red Carpet:

Male: Eddie

Female: Edwina

:) :) :)

p.s. We would love to see some of their latest designer clothes/hats. :D

cassiesmom
02-14-2008, 12:59 PM
Traveling pets: Ally Cat, Kirby (Woody)

Cat most skilled at leaving throw-up stains resembling abstract art on carpet: Cassie! :rolleyes:

kittycats_delight
02-14-2008, 01:31 PM
Traveling pets: Ally Cat, Kirby (Woody)

Don't forget Sirrahsim's Boomer...travelled all the way from Japan to Ohio. And my Vixen who travelled from Toronto, Canada to Rome, Italy via plane and then an 8 hour train ride from Rome to Vicenza. :)

We really do have some well travelled pets here.

phesina
02-14-2008, 07:17 PM
Pet Talk's own Best of Show... I LOVE it!

Maybe we could consider regional travelers as a sort of minor league ranking and then work up to the big-time jet setters flying all over the world?... Here's my contender for highly-traveled-within-one-country:

My Peony was born and rescued as a kitten in Venice, California, while I was visiting a friend in Los Angeles.. she then flew with me from L.A. to Boston (which included a change of planes in Detroit).. then we went by cab to Cambridge, Massachusetts, where I lived at the time .. Several years later we drove to Providence, Rhode Island, where we lived for four years.. and then we drove here to Ann Arbor, Michigan (with an overnight stop in Pennsylvania, and I don't remember the town but it was at a Holiday Inn about 10 or 15 miles off I-80 closer to the western end of PA), where we live now. Who knows where next?...

So she is a pretty well-traveled cat, though only within the U.S. .. not quite like all these world travelers! And she has no desire to expand her horizons.

To this day, whenever I get the carrier out, she hides.. and after I do get her into it, she complains for the whole trip (to the vet's usually). I think she's afraid I'm going to stuff her in a box and take her on another airplane! At least she got to ride in the cabin with me on that trip. It would have been utterly horrible if she'd had to go in the cargo section. I think I would have changed my flight until I could get one she could go in the cabin.

P.S., and Elmer would like to thank the Academy for recognizing him and Taccoa and Amy AND ButterScotch!

Catty1
02-14-2008, 08:47 PM
Though we haven't seen him for a while, how about adding Mr Magoo to the Special Needs kitties? :)

Edwina's Secretary
02-14-2008, 09:19 PM
Can you believe those two! Busy talking over their acceptance speeches!

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23/EdwinaandEddie/IMG_3761.jpg?t=1203045452

They would also like a nomination for traveling cats. Although they may not have covered as many miles...they did ride in a truck from Chicago to Southern California! A trip that took 3 days...

Pawsitive Thinking
02-15-2008, 08:17 AM
I think my two would scoop the disobedience prize :rolleyes:

lvpets2002
02-15-2008, 10:48 AM
Though we haven't seen him for a while, how about adding Mr Magoo to the Special Needs kitties? :)
;) Oh My your right we haven't seen Mr. Magoo in a long time.. He was such a sweetheart..

Freedom
02-15-2008, 02:03 PM
Best ensemble cast: . . . . . . Freedom's dogs and cats (especially at sandwich making time!)

My pets truly appreciate being included, thank you! I'd let them speak for themselves, but they are all busy in the kitchen with Dad, who has the deli turkey out. :rolleyes: :p ;) :D

Grace
02-15-2008, 05:22 PM
A couple of other well-traveled cats are Robin and CJ - daughter and son of Tubby & Peanut's Mom. They live in an RV, and are all over the western part of the country.

Come to think of it, we haven't heard much from them lately - anyone in contact?

Daisy and Delilah
02-15-2008, 08:30 PM
:) :) :)

Thank you Eddie and Edwina for making a rare and wonderful appearance!! :)

Scooter's Mom
02-16-2008, 10:06 PM
I'd like to nominate Gina's Ark for most traveled within the US. They've seen both coasts!