PDA

View Full Version : Please Keep Henny in Your Thoughts

Sparklecoon
02-14-2008, 08:59 AM
My sweet Hennessey has had loose stools for about a day and a half now (no biggie if she sneaks ppl food that happens).

I walked into the house this morning and she had diarrhea all over the floor in about four places. To add to matters she'd been vomiting. I get everything cleaned up and go to make a vet appt. and she vomits 4 times in a row (no mucus or blood thankfully). It's everywhere ran under the fridge and under the washer/dryer.

Crying, I call the vet to see if they can get me in. They said 11 because doc is going to sneak me in between surgeries. I'm going to get there about 10:30 just to be safe. To make matters worse dear Josh took the truck this morning and Henny doesn't fit into my little 2 door. So I had to go borrow his parents.

I'm really worried please keep me her in your thoughts today.

Gotta go.....

Pawsitive Thinking
02-14-2008, 09:00 AM
Prayers for you Henny

Taz_Zoee
02-14-2008, 09:10 AM
Oh poor (can't say little) Henny. :(
I hope all is well and you are good as new after the vet visit.

pitc9
02-14-2008, 09:13 AM
Thinking of you and Henny!

sparks19
02-14-2008, 09:17 AM
I hope everything turns out ok at the vets. Prayers for Henny

Ginger's Mom
02-14-2008, 09:20 AM
Prayers going out and paws crossed for Henny.

Sparklecoon
02-14-2008, 09:59 AM
Just got back. They were gracious enough to open the doors a bit early and the vet came right out and went over and interviewed me about the symptoms.

I've done a toy check (both mental and physical. Unless she ate a sock it wasn't that), She only goes outside accompanied by me or Josh (so nothing funny eaten there), The other dogs are all hunky dory, No recent counter surfing adventures (and the garbage is all secure). No change in food (still feeding Good Ole Canidae).

When I was really getting my hands on her (I've worked the last couple days as I'm supposed to tonight :( ) she really feels thin. I mean we've been working onshedding a couple pounds but this is too much too quick.

Their going to start IV fluids on her and run some tests and get back to me. I really started getting nervous when, before we left, she laid down and her breathing started getting rough (It's why I left early).

I keep thinking I did something wrong or I should of gotten on top of this sooner but each one of my muttlies has had diarrhea before and cleared up quickly and on it's own. My stomach is just a ball of tension.

I'll keep you all updated as things progress.

loveallfurryfriends
02-14-2008, 10:05 AM
Henny, I am sending lots of hugs and good vibes your way. I hope everything will be ok, keeping all fingers and paws crossed!!!

Freedom
02-14-2008, 03:47 PM
Henny lots of prayers coming your way from RI!

Ginger's Mom
02-14-2008, 03:54 PM
I am sorry to hear that you had to leave Henny there, as it is always tough to leave our babies somewhere. But she will is where they will be able to take care of her every need. Positive thoughts continuing.

kallisto4529
02-14-2008, 11:33 PM
Lots of prayers and positive thoughts coming your way. any news yet?

Sparklecoon
02-15-2008, 07:49 AM
UPDATE:

Well Henny has spent the night. They did blood work and all her organ function tests came back within norms. Her hematocrit and RBCs were a little off but that was due to dehydration. Thankfully all her electrolytes were within norms as were her WBCs. At the moment both myself and the vet are stumped as to what's caused all this.

She stayed over and is receiving fluids and antibiotics (still vomiting a little) so their giving her compazine to counteract that. I'll call in a little bit to get an update.

I really need some sleep I've been up (with the exception of 1.5hrs) since 5am on the 13th. Gotta love working 12hr midnight shifts.

I'll keep everyone updated. Thanks for all the thoughts.

Ginger's Mom
02-15-2008, 08:26 AM
I am glad to hear that it doesn't seem to be anything serious. I hope the vet can have Henny feeling like her old self in no time.

K9soul
02-15-2008, 08:32 AM
How frightening. I will keep Henny in my thoughts and prayers. I hope she is able to come home soon and have a full recovery.

pitc9
02-15-2008, 09:27 AM
I hope you try to get some sleep!
Henny will need you to be bright eyed and bushy tailed to take care of her once she comes home! :D

{{hugs}}

wolf_Q
02-15-2008, 09:56 AM
I hope that Henny will be ok. :( Nebo has had several episodes just like that, I've taken him to the vet several times for it and they've never found anything wrong. Keva did it once as well, and they didn't find anything wrong with her either.

Vela
02-15-2008, 10:30 AM
Good thoughts and prayers coming your way that everything is okay soon. I'm sorry Hennessey isn't feeling well =(

Sparklecoon
02-15-2008, 01:39 PM
Sigh.... Just talked to the vet. She's going to need to stay AT LEAST one more night. No more diarrhea (mixed blessing) but still having episodes of vomiting. There is the possibility that she started out by having a partial blockage that advanced to a full blockage. He wants to do an X-ray and a Barium study but he won't do it til her dehydrations stable. Poor girl is going to be all skin and houndie bones by the time I get her back :( .

He said hes had quite a few GI cases (From gastroenteritis to blockages) this week. Wonder what all these canines are getting into?

WELOVESPUPPIES
02-15-2008, 07:39 PM
Awww Henny, thinking of your sweetheart. I hope that your tummy is all better soon.

dukedogsmom
02-15-2008, 07:40 PM
Henny, I hope you're well and home soon. I know it's no fun to be away from your family :(