PDA

View Full Version : What happens when the roof rake is buried under snow??

Cookiebaker
02-13-2008, 03:50 PM
this is what happens:

http://www.pt.plainolpup.com/shed1.jpg

http://www.pt.plainolpup.com/shed2.jpg

We were devastated to look out this afternoon to see our awesome brand new shed collapsed under the snow. The totally ironic thing is that our old rusted out, wobbily, unstable shed is still standing strong and tall. :mad: We just put this new one up last April, and it was so much sturdier construction than our old one (or so we thought). :( Also crushed is our brand new lawn tractor and our snowblower. :(

Logan
02-13-2008, 05:33 PM
Oh Anna. :( I'm so sorry. Better the shed than your house, though.

Freedom
02-13-2008, 06:05 PM
Oh my! Will you file a claim with your insurance?

Where are you in New England??? We are looking a muddy lawns here in RI!!

Catlady711
02-13-2008, 10:51 PM
:eek: Oh my gosh! :eek: That must be awful. I guess they just don't make 'em like they used to huh? Wow.

AdoreMyDogs
02-14-2008, 09:05 AM
Oh Anna that's terrible :( That really stinks. Is that covered by insurance? I sure hope so.

pitc9
02-14-2008, 09:41 AM
Oh No!
:eek:

Pawsitive Thinking
02-14-2008, 09:46 AM
Oh no! that is terrible!

Lilith Cherry
02-14-2008, 10:37 AM
Oh boy can I sympathise!! That is exactly what happened to MY brand new shed last winter :rolleyes: and no the the insurance said it was an Act of God and wouldnt pay.... stinks doesn't it!

Twisterdog
02-14-2008, 04:20 PM
I've never had snow damage to a shed, but I had one destroyed by hail. My homeowners insurance paid for a new shed and installation.

In all my experience with insurance and "Acts of God" ... insurance WILL pay for natural occurances that are not your fault, i.e., "Acts of God". What they WON'T pay for is damage caused by the policy owner's negligence ... for example, you never clean out your gutters, you let six inches of rust build up in the bottom of your hot water heater, you never repair your sagging fence, your pipes are 50 years old, etc. I guess every policy is different, but I've personally not heard of insurance failing to pay for weather related claims.

ramanth
02-14-2008, 05:19 PM
Yikes!! Man, that stinks. :(