PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum for tile floors

Sirrahsim
02-13-2008, 02:59 PM
I did a search for old threads but I couldn't find anything specific to tile floors.
The flooring throughout our entire house is cheap tile like you would find in a school. My vacuum (a Bissel something or other) is designed for carpet and just blows dust and dirt around the house. Now that I have Ginger, who is constantly tracking in grass and leaves, I need a better solution than a traditional broom and dustpan. I'm not OVERLY concerned about price but I don't want to spend more than $200 or so. Any suggestions for a good sturdy vacuum that works well on tile floors?? It would be nice if it also works on rugs but I'm more concerned about the tile because I can always pull my old one out to vacuum the rugs.

Kfamr
02-13-2008, 03:02 PM
Skip the vacuum - get a Swiffer! Seriously, that thing is heaven sent. We just got tile put throughout our house (except for 2 bedrooms) and we have 4 (currently 5) dogs. This thing works AWESOME!

gemini9961
02-13-2008, 03:09 PM
Missy we have laminate flooring in our house, no carpet or rugs anywhere and I have a Hoover wind tunnel. Not sure of the exact model but it does the job for me. I don't use a broom and dustpan as that just blows the hairballs all around. I vacuum the whole house. I have not had any problems with it. Now if I had carpet I would probably go with a Dyson for the suction but since I don't have carpet the Hoover does a good job.

Rachel
02-13-2008, 03:38 PM
I've heard that Consumer Reports recommended a Kenmore model, but don't know which one. I remember it being around $300.00. You'd want to get something on which you can switch off the rotating brush for hard surfaces. I love my Lux canister, but they are considerably more expensive.

kuhio98
02-13-2008, 04:15 PM
Willy and I still recommend the Dirt Dawg. This thing really cleans up while I'm doing other things. And the kitties think it's a toy.
The best cat toy ever (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=131774&highlight=toy)

Freedom
02-13-2008, 06:10 PM
I have no carpet, all hardwoods and linoleum. I love my Dirt Devil Bagless Breeze canister vac. Here is one link:

http://www.target.com/Dirt-Devil-Vision-Breeze-Vacuum/dp/B00005UP2E