PDA

View Full Version : Poor Molly IS really sick! *UPDATE*

KittyCrazy
02-13-2008, 09:31 AM
I feel like such a horrible cat mommy! I had an appt. for Molly about a week-week & a half ago cuz' I thought she wasn't feeling well but then canceled it because she seemed fine again shortly before the appt. Well, she has been fine all this time and now this morning she is REALLY sick. I got up and noticed she didn't eat any of her food last night and her eyes look like she feels like CRAP and she didn't get off the recliner to follow me around like she always does in the morning. Then I found orange puke in my office (she NEVER pukes) and she had the runs in the litterbox. My poor baby must feel so horrible! We go in to the Dr. in an hour. :(
------------------------------------------------------
Well, $259 later......Molly has a suspected case of pancreatitus (sp?) and a bacterial inection in her intestines and she is borderline diabetic. So, she got 3 shots for anti-nausea, pain meds, and anti-biotics and we have prescription kitty food and medicine for 10 days and then I need to switch her food to a diabetic cat food.

I have always given her Iams dry cat food and the vet explained how dry cat food is really not good for cats. WHY DIDN'T THEY TELL ME THAT A FEW YEARS AGO! If I had known that...I wouldn't have given it to her all this time. :(

Taz_Zoee
02-13-2008, 09:32 AM
Aww, poor Molly. The whitecoats will help you feel better.

catmandu
02-13-2008, 09:40 AM
I made the same mistake with MY DEAR PRECIOUS, and sadly shes an ANGEL now.
We are PRAYING very hard for Your Dear MOLLY that she will be All Right and that your Vet can put her back on the road to good health very soon.
YOU are not a Bad Cat Meeeowmie by any means.

pitc9
02-13-2008, 11:12 AM
I hope she feels better soon!

kuhio98
02-13-2008, 11:14 AM
Aww, poor Molly. But, don't feel too bad. Our kitties always seem to fake feeling better when they know about a vet visit.

Cuddles and kisses for Molly.

Freedom
02-13-2008, 12:19 PM
Don't woory, Molly dear, Mom is on top of things and will have you off to the white coats and home again in no time. Feel better, sweetie!

Catty1
02-13-2008, 08:39 PM
Mollie - your wonderful Meowmie took you to the whitecoats just in time! You are borderline diabetic...so a new food can help you, and you don't have to worry about the pointy things with insulin in them! ;)

I hope she perks up soon, KittyCrazy! Hugs to that dear girl. :)

catmandu
02-14-2008, 02:54 PM
How are you today Molly ?
The Pet Angels are leaving now from the Pet Angel Restaurants and the Market Places in Canaberra with some treats and delicasies for you, and we hope that with Your Vets Meds and Your Guardians love will make you a healthy Cat again soon.
In Our Lord Gods name we all pray for Molly.

Catlady711
02-14-2008, 08:57 PM
I have always given her Iams dry cat food and the vet explained how dry cat food is really not good for cats. WHY DIDN'T THEY TELL ME THAT A FEW YEARS AGO! If I had known that...I wouldn't have given it to her all this time. :(

I think dry/wet food is a matter of preference. Where I work all the vets recommend dry food only or with occasionally wet food as a treat only. I think they mostly do that for the hundreds of overweight pets we see. Also because dry is better for the teeth and we have ALOT of pets with bad teeth and owners who don't believe in dentistries. That could be a regional or personal vet preference though.

What food do they have you feeding now? I/D, D/M??

KittyCrazy
02-14-2008, 09:57 PM
"What food do they have you feeding now? I/D, D/M??"

They sent us home with 4 cans of the I/D but she won't touch it. I've also tried offering her (per the vets suggestion) tuna and also a dish of hamburger, chicken, and chicken broth and she won't touch any of them. :(

Craftlady
02-14-2008, 10:44 PM
I bet tomorrow she will want some food. Today was a stressful day for poor Molly by tomorrow all the medications they gave her today will have kicked in and eating will be more agreeable.

Catlady711
02-15-2008, 08:00 PM
"What food do they have you feeding now? I/D, D/M??"

They sent us home with 4 cans of the I/D but she won't touch it. I've also tried offering her (per the vets suggestion) tuna and also a dish of hamburger, chicken, and chicken broth and she won't touch any of them. :(

Hmmm usually cats seem to like the I/D canned. Have you tried warming it just a bit in the microwave so it's good and stinky?

CultureJunky
02-16-2008, 05:49 AM
I am so sorry to hear Molly is unwell. I hope she gets better soon, It is stressful for us when our cats are not feeling good and have problems, I have been through this with Jack the past month, and have felt emotionally drained so I know how you feel.
We are thinking of you molly!
One thing I've heard before for a cat that is ill is to either feed Tuna, plain white fish or Chicken as these are easy to digest. Just Chicken you would eat yourself, either boiled or cooked in the oven.

Medusa
02-16-2008, 08:45 AM
I talked w/Dr. Lee about wet or dry cat food just yesterday because of Puddy and her CRF. He said that he attended a seminar that taught if you're just starting a kitten on solids, to give it canned and a little bit of dry for teeth cleaning. But if you have cats and they've been raised on dry, keep it that way. He also said that diabetic cats and cats w/bladder problems should not have dry food, at least this is what was taught in the seminar. He said that research has shown that outdoor cats just do not have kidney problems. They just don't. The reasoning behind this is that cats by nature should be outdoors, that it's too stressful for them to be indoors and this causes kidney problems. He said "You'd think it would be the other way around. There are so many dangers outdoors for cats but it's their natural environment." I told him "Well, there's no way I'm letting my cats out" and he said "Oh, of course not. I'm just telling you what the seminar taught". So I don't know whether this would have anything to do w/the pancreas as well, since they're sort of interrelated. Just a thought.......

nancys
02-16-2008, 11:58 AM
My prayers are going out for Molly - hope she feels better. I've always fed my cats dry cat food. My sister in law did tell me here lately that she feeds her cats Science Diet, so I've started feeding them that.

phesina
02-16-2008, 03:47 PM
Prayers are being said for Molly and you both, KittyCrazy. You are not a bad Cat Mommy! None of us knows all there is to know right from the very start of sharing one's life with a cat. Molly loves you dearly and knows you have always done the very best you can for her.

Hugs and purrs,
Pat, Peony, Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, and Priscilla Angel