PDA

View Full Version : A PT computer problem?...

jewellnz
02-12-2008, 01:49 PM
Has anyone else had this problem, yesterday in the morning i was on PT no problem at all, then in the afternoon i went to go on and had to login in, i did so and it said wrong password etc, i kept trying no luck, i ended up re-registering,so i am now Jewellnz,and have lost all my lovely siggy's etc boo hoo, yesterday nothing at all would work ,even the password i was sent, but finally i got access, i was really worried i would never beable to access PT again, i sent David an email hoping he could help, but i had to remember his email address in my head, and i hope i got it right, as i had deleted it off the address book because of those bad emails that were being sent,but not by me.

Was there a hiccup on PT yesterday or was it my computer? i have no idea.

BitsyNaceyDog
02-12-2008, 04:00 PM
I had that happen once recently. I was able to get on later that same day with my regular account. I'm sure if you try again with your regular account everything will be back to normal. If you're still having that problem later try PMing either Karen or Paul, they're really the only ones who can help you with that problem.

Karen
02-12-2008, 04:38 PM
Has anyone else had this problem, yesterday in the morning i was on PT no problem at all, then in the afternoon i went to go on and had to login in, i did so and it said wrong password etc, i kept trying no luck, i ended up re-registering,so i am now Jewellnz,and have lost all my lovely siggy's etc boo hoo, yesterday nothing at all would work ,even the password i was sent, but finally i got access, i was really worried i would never beable to access PT again, i sent David an email hoping he could help, but i had to remember his email address in my head, and i hope i got it right, as i had deleted it off the address book because of those bad emails that were being sent,but not by me.

Was there a hiccup on PT yesterday or was it my computer? i have no idea.

If it wouldn't let you log in, that's odd. The initial "loosing the cookie" was probably something to do with your computer, cookies are what the software uses to keep you logged in. Did you ask it to resend your password? If it does that, you NEED to receive and click the link on the email. Do that, and check your spam or junk folder if you don't get the email right away, as it is auto-generated, so some computer programs filter it out.

Medusa
02-12-2008, 04:57 PM
Mercury is retrograde until March 7 when we are finally out of its shadow. I've been having terrible computer problems and couldn't get on for days. It goes in and out and tomorrow I have a phone tech support call to help me install a new Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. We can expect more of this type of stuff until March 7. Computer problems, car problems, all electronics, we hear the wrong thing, say the wrong thing, we hear from old friends and family members or even exes. We can get sore throats, tooth aches and in my son's case, it affected his very movement. I detest Mercury retrogrades and they happen 3 times a year for 3 weeks at a time. Since Mercury is the winged footed messenger, it affects movement of every kind, as well as commerce, speech, etc. Forewarned is forearmed but it still makes things difficult.

Husky_mom
02-12-2008, 05:06 PM
I had a simialr problem not too long ago too.. I could not post at all...

the i realized I was logged off... then tried to log on but couldnīt...

it would let me "try" to reply but when I hit submit it did nothing..... not even on Pmīs... weird... later on it was all back to normal.....

jewellnz
02-12-2008, 07:53 PM
ok as you can see i now can post, i could not post,pm or anything, so i could not contact karen to get help, i don't know about the cookie thing, i will ask my computer techs here my daughter and husband about that.I do think it possibly is something to do with cookies, as i have noticed i have to log in to every site now,which i did not before.

I got a message saying my account had been validated,but as you see i am now a new user and jewellnz, i really want my old account back, with all the trimmings, i will try logging in on the old account and see what happens,gosh i was worried though, i cannot imagine not ever being able to get access to PT, i would be lost without you all.

Karen i followed all instructions that popped up, i managed to log in with the new password etc, but then it would not post it, or so i thought, but i see it has been posted now, this thread, but probably only because my account was validated, i am so confused,but very glad to be back here at long last.,Two days of hiccups is enough for me lol. :)

Hmm how do you log in on your old account?

Karen
02-12-2008, 08:05 PM
What was your old account? PM me!

New accounts and their posts do not show up until I have validated the account - this helps keeps spammers at bay.