PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick a name!

Sirrahsim
02-12-2008, 01:10 PM
I'm in the process of registering Ginger but I'd like to come up with a clever and creative name for her AKC papers. Her parents are Red Land Sis and Hayvens Golden Charlie.
Any ideas?? :D :D

WELOVESPUPPIES
02-12-2008, 01:19 PM
Can you describe her, I mean like her personality and stuff. This might help find names that fit her.

When I named Chopper I used things that were associated with him.
His registered name is Disney's Miracle Chopper. Disney because his parents were Mini and Mickey and he has a mickey head shape on his back/side. Miracle because we did not think he would survive being premature. And Chopper, well thankfully Taz_Zoe helped us there, he had to have a "Cool" name my hubby said because we ride a Harley and he needed a biker kind of name.

Sirrahsim
02-12-2008, 01:23 PM
Let's see... We have only had her for a few days so we are still getting to know her personality. She is very good with my little boys. She sleeps a lot. She is very smart and is already responding when I ask her to sit or lay down... She had enormous paws. We got her in Seymour.. She is generally very calm but gets excited if my almost 3 year old speaks to her. She doesn't really have any unique markings.
I'm bad at this :p

Sirrahsim
02-12-2008, 01:25 PM
Oh, she was also the biggest in her litter and stood a good inch or two taller than her brothers.

Taz_Zoee
02-12-2008, 01:43 PM
The registered names I'm not good at. Chopper was an easy one:p.
I thought to try to include one or both of the parents names and came up with Sweet Ginger Land. But that's kinda dumb.
Registered names do not necessarily have to include the nick name that you call them on a regular basis.
Another idea (not so good either), Hayvens Red Ginger.
Oh, I give up. LOL I know there are PTers out there that are awesome at this. You'll get some GOOD suggestions.

Sparklecoon
02-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Hayven's Gingerly She Goes

Hayven's Ginger Snap

You could change the Hayven's part to whatever you like. I believe the first part of a registered name is the kennel name.

WELOVESPUPPIES
02-12-2008, 02:06 PM
I thought of the Ginger Snap also. hmmm

Heavenly Hayven's Ginger Snap

Our other dog, Duke, his registered name is Marmaduke of Jordan. Marmaduke the cartoon was originally based on a boxer and Jordan is my son's name. So you can play it off of names in your household too if you like.

Karen
02-12-2008, 02:14 PM
Red Hayven's Ginger

RedGold Ginger

Aurical Red Ginger

Hayven's Queen Virginia (Ginger is often a nickname for Virginia)

pitc9
02-12-2008, 02:16 PM
Hayvens Dash of Ginger
Hayvens Dash of Golden Ginger
Hayvens Golden Dash of Ginger

binka_nugget
02-12-2008, 02:19 PM
Hayvens Dash of Golden Ginger

I LOVE that name! :D

Grace
02-12-2008, 02:33 PM
Hayven's Ginger Snap

I like this one.

The_Duck
02-12-2008, 03:43 PM
Okay, so I'll admit that when I saw the title of this thread, before I saw who it was from, I was hopping it was Kay saying she was keeping Luna and needed our help on finding the right name.... But this works, too! :D

Oh Snap! - A play off 'ginger snap'.

Can't Catch Me - Said the gingerbread man.... :P

Sugar and Spice - ...And everything nice, considering how good she is with the boys. Plus, Ginger is a spice.

Charlie's Gingerbred Angel - Wanted to at least toss a nod to dad in here.

Red Land's Secret Hayven - More from mom and dad.

Golden Land Sis - Mom and dad, again...

Tyler's Golden Sis - Thought that one worked pretty well...

Might put my thinking cap back on a little later..... Hope they help!

AnimalLuver90
02-12-2008, 04:03 PM
Can You Take A Picture Of Her

Sirrahsim
02-12-2008, 04:23 PM
Picture threads:

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=139160
http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=139075

There are so many great ideas!! I'm going to have to bring hubby in and see if he can narrow it down at all :D

Moesha
02-13-2008, 06:53 AM
I've never tried this before, but I was thinking about it in bed last night. Here's my suggestion:

As a play off of being bred: Gingerbread by Hayvens Sis or Gingerbread by Charlie Land or some combination of the parents' names.

Tora Oni
02-13-2008, 07:12 AM
Hayven's Gingerbread lady?

bckrazy
02-13-2008, 05:11 PM
Hayven's Ginger Spice

...Because I am a huge Spice Girls fan! teehee. ; D Is Hayden the kennel name? I got a bit confused with that one. Breeders usually tell you what kennel prefix to add to the registered name.

cyber-sibes
02-13-2008, 06:23 PM
I thought Hayven's Ginger Snap was cute - & goes with what you said about her sleeping- Ginger (s)naps a lot!

Moesha
02-19-2008, 08:49 PM
Did you decide on a name?