PDA

View Full Version : Meet Pretty Boy Floyd our newest stray

Denyce
02-11-2008, 12:36 PM
Well this pretty little boy has been hanging around for a couple of weeks now. So I took him into the vets a bit ago and had him tested. He was negative...yea! So I sent for a low cost neuter from Orphans of the Storm and received it last Wednesday. I took him in Thursday evening to our vet for a check up and then she neutered him Friday morning. We haven't totally decided to keep him yet. We are still dealing with tom cat stank right now and I am concerned about how Trouble is going to deal with him.

Trouble is a very aggressive, assertive Bengal cross male. He has been living with my three girls for those of you who don't know or remember me since he was found as a 9 week old kitten. He gets in moods and picks on them daily. There is never blood and truthfully he is the only one that has ever been injured. Deirdre got really hacked at him one time when he was harrassing her and she tore his ear a little. But he gets all bully boy and puts his ears back and makes the girls scream. When we break them up he will often get mad at us and then turn and attack our legs. I often have to give him a time out in the bathroom until he calms down.

So Pretty Boy Floyd has been in a cage in the kitchen/family room for about a week now. I have not had a single hiss. Not a growl or hair raised or anything from either him or Trouble since I brought him in. Trouble will walk over and get right in his face but Floyd just looks away. He won't back away and anything but he won't look Trouble in the face either. He does the same thing with our dog Sequoia when she is getting snotty with him in the cage too. Again for those that don't know us Sequoia is a cat aggressive husky.

So what are your thoughts on our situation. Floyd is just a sweetheart. He loves attention and hasn't shown even the slightest hint of aggression. Not to us or the others. I am worried he might be too submissive for our household. I am pretty sure I could place him in another home. I don't have a good picture of him yet but he is just a beautiful tuxie.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/TheMightyHuntress/DSCN1203.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/TheMightyHuntress/DSCN1202.jpg

cassiesmom
02-11-2008, 01:51 PM
I think he's beautiful!

Denyce
02-11-2008, 05:23 PM
He is actually prettier in person and his coat is just silky soft. He is 11 pounds of lovin that is for sure. :D

catmandu
02-11-2008, 05:27 PM
WE HAVE ALWAYS HAD THE DEAREST CATS IN OUR TUXEDOES, VERY GOOD NATURED JOLLY CATS!!
IS PRETTY BOY FLOYD NAMED AFTER THE DEPRESSION ERA BANK ROBBER/ROBIN HOOD OR THE BEST POUND FOR FOUND FIGHTER FLOYD MAYWEATHER?
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

momtomany
02-11-2008, 06:00 PM
Oh what a beautiful tuxie boy he is and I just love tuxedos. I sure hope you will keep him. Give him a good ear scratch from me please.

Denyce
02-11-2008, 06:37 PM
WE HAVE ALWAYS HAD THE DEAREST CATS IN OUR TUXEDOES, VERY GOOD NATURED JOLLY CATS!!
IS PRETTY BOY FLOYD NAMED AFTER THE DEPRESSION ERA BANK ROBBER/ROBIN HOOD OR THE BEST POUND FOR FOUND FIGHTER FLOYD MAYWEATHER?
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

He is named after the bank robber but he steals hearts instead of cash. :D

We also call him Pink Floyd and Hurricane Floyd. Depending on his mood at the moment.

Catty1
02-11-2008, 10:13 PM
Awww...pretty boy is right!

Could you use a "Feliway Collar" on Trouble to help him calm down? All that is is a stretchy collar that will slip off him if caught, but can be drawn up snug - and instead of spraying Feliway in the air, you put a wee shot in his collar(shake bottle first). You might ask your vet about this.

I guess if you are able to keep a cat-aggressive husky away from your other cats, you'd be able to keep him/her away from Floyd.

You'll make the right decision. :)

Denyce
02-12-2008, 11:05 AM
I have never heard of the Feliway collar. I am not sure if Trouble is going to be aggressive with Floyd or not. That is the part I am a bit confused about. I have never seen two male cats, one intact and one neutered that didn't even so much as hiss at one another. Especially when the neutered one has a history of being aggressive/assertive. Now of course both are neutered. I am wondering if you all think Floyd is being super submissive in his refusal to look at the other cats and if that is going to be a problem? Also, what do you make of Trouble and his non-aggression at least through the cage with Floyd. The females have all hissed and snarled at Floyd but Trouble just looks at him like he wants to play.

Denyce
02-12-2008, 11:08 AM
Oh and what we do with the dog is when she comes in the house in the evenings then the cats all go in the bedroom with the door safely shut and Sequoia gets her time with us. During the day if we are home she is on the covered porch or if we are not home she is in her kennel in the woods. They never come in contact without the dog being on leash. It has just been Floyd in his cage in the kitchen she has been able to come nose to nose with because we don't have any place else to put Floyd at the moment. Not until he is getting along with the other cats.

Sevaede
02-12-2008, 11:39 AM
Oh, wow! He looks almost exactly like my RB Soni (in my sig). :( Give him some extra love from me! :D