PDA

View Full Version : Springtime is here!!

Kirsten
02-10-2008, 12:36 PM
Hard to believe that it's still early February when you leave your house these days. It's warm and sunny, and all the spring flowers are in blossom. I mean, technically it's still winter, and we should have snow!

But instead, you see things like this:

http://www.catmom.de/pix/krokus1a.jpg

http://www.catmom.de/pix/krokus2a.jpg

http://www.catmom.de/pix/dolde1a.jpg

http://www.catmom.de/pix/bote2.jpg

I even saw the first bee today!! The weather's acting so crary!!

Kirsten

Taz_Zoee
02-10-2008, 01:07 PM
Those purple flowers are beautiful!! I just love the second picture. :D
Yeah, the sun is shining and birds are singing here too. Hey, I'm not complaining. I like warmer weather for my Zoee girl. :)

Edwina's Secretary
02-10-2008, 07:59 PM
How exquisite! That is why I like winter. The rebirth...the gentle color...the wonderful soft flowers.....spring seems so very wonderful after winter....

Kirsten
02-13-2008, 02:28 PM
Well, the sunny weather is over for the moment, but they say the next weekend, it's going to be warm and sunny again.

There's definitely a climate change going on; we had no snow at all this winter!

Kirsten

phesina
02-13-2008, 03:18 PM
Kirsten, I think we got all your snow here this year!

And Edwina's sec., want to swap homes for a bit?.. I'd LOVE a little sunny California, and Ann Arbor's just 3? 4? maybe 5? (depending on where around metro Chicago you're headed) hours from Chicago..

Pat and cats, here in the frozen U.S. midwest

Kater
02-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Just gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing. :D

lizbud
02-13-2008, 06:12 PM
Crocuses are my favorite Spring flowers. Those you captured are just
beautiful. Someone long ago planted them in my front yard & I look forward
to them blooming every year.

buttercup132
02-13-2008, 07:36 PM
Why isn't it spring here :(
Lucky!

Bengalz
02-13-2008, 08:16 PM
So beautiful ... I can hardly wait for Spring. My gardening itch is starting and I need to get out and play in the dirt :D

karyn674
02-14-2008, 12:39 AM
You are right Lizbud, Crocuses they are and I like them too, though it would be nicer if they had a longer stem to be able to put in a vase.

Kirsten, here spring is into action too, flowers are blooming and the sun is very warm, well we're quite close!

Thanks for the nice inroduction of spring..........since we have no forests here :( Love your pics

Suki Wingy
02-14-2008, 12:46 AM
Dur--

I mean, beautiful photos, especially the lighting, but I don't want it to be spring yet! We still have cold to go! I seriously got kind of down hearted when I was at Target and the remaining gloves were on clearance and the summer wear was out. I'm not ready for the hot, I'm happy to stay in my comfort zone, with the snow and the ice and the cold.

slleipnir
02-14-2008, 09:46 AM
I'm jealous! We just had a big snow storm yesterday :rolleyes:

jackie
02-14-2008, 10:11 AM
Beautiful!

I love springtime, I wish we had it more here! There isn't much of a seasonal difference here, and I miss the snow and cold fading into spring and flowers.

Barbara
02-14-2008, 01:10 PM
I don't trust it. We have snowbells here and crocus as well but the nights are cold and I am afraid we'll get our 20 inch snow end March- and then I really don't want them anymore.
Here it is extremely foggy- and I was sneaking home slowly with the car- and then I come home after 20 miles and there is snow, and only one place where it stays and that is our street. :eek:

lizbud
02-14-2008, 04:39 PM
I don't trust it. We have snowbells here and crocus as well but the nights are cold and I am afraid we'll get our 20 inch snow end March- and then I really don't want them anymore.

The last two seasons of early blooming has been followed by snow.
I always feel cheated the crocuses can't stay a little longer. :(

DJFyrewolf36
02-14-2008, 11:34 PM
I think we got some of your snow up here too! Normally it doesn't snow up this way (at least thats what I've been told lol) but not too long ago we got darn near a foot! Now it is sunny and I think it got near 60 F today. Who can figure this weather out?

Great pix! I love springtime :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-15-2008, 03:02 AM
Wonderful pictures, Kirsten!! Please tell me what program you use for resizing and add borders to pictures :)

Kirsten, here spring is into action too, flowers are blooming and the sun is very warm, well we're quite close!

Hey, I had no idea that you are an European too!!