PDA

View Full Version : Eli went to the Bass Pro Shop

Seravieve
02-10-2008, 10:09 AM
I had never heard that dogs were allowed into Bass Pro, but a guy at Petsmart told us last week that they were, so we tried it out. I would say 5/6 of the people inside Bass Pro had NO idea dogs were allowed either!

Eli is a scaredicat. We take him to Petsmart every week, usually after the dog park. He does pretty well, but doesnt like strangers, and wont take treats from anyone -- not even us.

Bass Pro has TONS of great new things to introduce him to. He's allowed everywhere in the store, and the welcome guy even has a cannister of treats. We showed him the giant fish tank, he wasnt too interested. I dont think his tail wiggled one time while we were in there. So this will probably become a new weekend tradition. He NEEDS to get socialized. Im not sure what the people before us did to him in 4 months.. but it was pretty detrimental. Eli doesnt like: Strangers -- Men especially, children, shopping carts, Baby strollers, boats, ATVs, anything that has to do with being in public. A couple walked by with a stroller and Eli couldnt get away fast enough. You could hear his nails scraping on the wood floor, he was so scared.

All in all it was a good experience and we'll be back next weekend. =)
He got to go to the doggie park afterwards. But it was way too chilly so we didnt stay but 15 or so minutes.

So if anyone has a Bass Pro Shop around them, take your puppies!! :D

Cincy'sMom
02-10-2008, 10:20 AM
I didn't know they were allowed. We have one being built in our area, that should open in the next few months! We'll have to take the babies with us when we go check it out!