PDA

View Full Version : Clinically Wild: Alaska

kuhio98
02-09-2008, 09:27 AM
Has anyone watched this show on Animal Planet? Clinically Wild: Alaska (http://animal.discovery.com/tv/clinically-wild/about.html)

I watched the first one last night and was amazed to see that this is the clinic we went to when Pepper got her tail chopped off and Willy got chewed up by the boxers next door.

And the mountains they show are the ones in my back yard.

But, remember I told you this first....... On the first show, they feature a doctor who is a little eccentric. (He sleeps in his truck in the parking lot when they have a perfectly good room for him at the clinic.) :confused:

Anyway, he's one of the examples of single men that I'm talking about when we say "The odds are good but the goods are odd". :p

lizbud
02-09-2008, 12:12 PM
I didn't stay up long enough to catch this new show, but I always watch
Orangutan Island & the other new one, Escape To Chimp Eden. Both of these
are great. :) I'll try Clinically Wild next time. It did sound interesting, but I
was to pooped to stay up.

I like that you have a real connection with some of the Drs. on the set. :)

ramanth
02-09-2008, 03:20 PM
Never heard of that new show. Will have to check it out! :D

kuhio98
02-09-2008, 04:34 PM
I didn't stay up long enough to catch this new show, but I always watch
Orangutan Island & the other new one, Escape To Chimp Eden. Both of these
are great. :) I'll try Clinically Wild next time. It did sound interesting, but I
was to pooped to stay up.I didn't think about the time difference. Up here, they showed it at 7:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.
I've never watched Orangutan Island but did catch Escape To Chimp Eden last night. I got very upset when the main rescue guy screamed at the locals to shut up. :mad: Hopefully, he apologized later and it just wasn't aired.

lizbud
02-09-2008, 04:44 PM
I've never watched Orangutan Island but did catch Escape To Chimp Eden last night. I got very upset when the main rescue guy screamed at the locals to shut up. :mad: Hopefully, he apologized later and it just wasn't aired.

I think it was so pressed for time & patience trying to move this older
chip out of her cage that he lost it. I understand why he did & don't hold
it against him. It's only the first show & I want to watch the whole series.

krazyaboutkatz
02-09-2008, 06:27 PM
I love the Animal Planet Channel and I'll have to remember to check out this new show. It sounds very interesting.:)

kuhio98
02-29-2008, 11:41 AM
It's on tonight. Check for the time in your area.

Clinically Wild: Alaska
Sticky Situations
TV-G

After Alaska gets hit with its first snow, the PET Emergency clinic gets hit with some wild cases, including a snowboarding Pit Bull who sustained an injury on the slopes, and a Huskie with a mysterious condition that requires emergency surgery.

lizbud
02-29-2008, 12:26 PM
I did watch this show last Friday. It's a bit silly in spots (like the poopy
dance) :rolleyes: but I did like the interaction with the animals. There was
another show (Emergency Vet) that used to be on Animal Planet that I liked
a lot better though.

pitc9
02-29-2008, 12:36 PM
OH yeah... I saw a preview for it, but forgot to watch it! Oopsie!
Yet another good reason for getting a DVR!!! :o

kuhio98
03-01-2008, 09:24 AM
I did watch this show last Friday. It's a bit silly in spots (like the poopy
dance) :rolleyes: but I did like the interaction with the animals. There was
another show (Emergency Vet) that used to be on Animal Planet that I liked
a lot better though.
I didn't see the episode with the poopy dance, but I saw the duct tape competition last night. Strange (even by Alaska standards). Not enough on pets -- too much on "characters".

Dr. Doty treated Willy's dogbite wounds. She missed one so Dr. Hurd had to operate on the resulting infection. He rigged up a cool tube / bulb drainage system that worked great.