PDA

View Full Version : Foster Puppy. UPDATE: #66 - Luna is HOME!

Kfamr
02-08-2008, 08:19 PM
A friend of mine is getting kicked out of his house and can no longer keep his puppy, Luna. He just got her about a month ago from Virginia where she was found outside with ice all stuck to her.

I'm excited and nervous. Nervous because I've never met her and she's never been vet checked. I really don't know much about her at all but I don't want her ending up at the shelter. He said she loves other dogs and is great with his mom's cat.

He wanted one more night with her so Sarah and I are going to pick her up tomorrow. Wish me luck and I hope to all heck she doesn't have anything. I can afford a little extra because I sold some stuff in a garage sale today. We are going to try and get her to the vets tomorrow if we can find a place that will take her. I hope it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg to get her checked out.

Anyhow, here is Luna..
http://a451.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/74/l_57cd139499405422323d5ffd134da622.jpg

Wish me luck!

Freedom
02-08-2008, 09:24 PM
Oh my she is so cute! And she has been through so much in her short life, poor baby girl.

Bless you for taking her in. Hope the vet can give you a break in the fees! Let the vet know this is a rescue situation!

Jadapit
02-08-2008, 09:41 PM
She looks so sweet! Bless you for taking her Kay. I hope everything goes well at the vets. Keep us posted.

K9karen
02-09-2008, 12:11 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: Do you all possibly think.......?????

Lilith Cherry
02-09-2008, 12:20 AM
Luna is lovely and hope all goes well with her; I also am saying a prayer for the poor kind soul who took her in the first time. I sincerely hope that HE has somewhere to go and will not be homeless too.

Kfamr
02-09-2008, 12:35 AM

NO NO NO NO NO NO!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!! NOOOONOOOONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :p

Ginger's Mom
02-09-2008, 05:44 AM
Well, no matter how long she is in the Muttlie house, she will benefit from the experience. I hope that the vet doesn't find any real problems and that just routine shots will take care of her medical needs. I am sure that you will take care of her health, behavioral and social needs just fine. :)

chocolatepuppy
02-09-2008, 06:09 AM
Pawsitive thoughts headed your way that you find Luna a good home. :)

Kfamr
02-09-2008, 07:17 AM
Yay... I called the vet at exactly 8AM - their opening hour - and they were able to squeeze us in for 9:45AM.

Matty told me more about her last night - apparently he got him from a lady who does fostering and dog training, she had 6 other dogs. He said she was checked out by her vet before he got her. She was the one who got her from Virgina.

Make me feel a bit better about getting her and bringing her around my pups. Today Sarah and I are going to a dog event in Dunedin - she will be coming with and with any lucky maybe I'll find some potential adopters. ;)

cloverfdx
02-09-2008, 09:51 AM
Good luck Kay :D. She is a cutie ;).

BC_MoM
02-09-2008, 10:01 AM
Make me feel a bit better about getting her and bringing her around my pups. Today Sarah and I are going to a dog event in Dunedin - she will be coming with and with any lucky maybe I'll find some potential adopters. ;)

Good luck! :D She is a cute little dog.

*LabLoverKEB*
02-09-2008, 10:04 AM
Oh my gosh Kay! Bless your heart!! :) I wish you good luck in finding her a good home!

caseysmom
02-09-2008, 01:27 PM
She puts good balance to the muttlies, she is sort of a black and tan mix :D

Taz_Zoee
02-09-2008, 01:37 PM
That was my first thought! Well, we shall just see. It takes a special dog to join the Muttlies. :)

ramanth
02-09-2008, 03:33 PM
She's beautiful. Bless you for helping out and I hope you can find her a great new home. :)

Animalhouse26
02-09-2008, 03:50 PM
This is Kay... I don't feel like signing in/out.
She is an absolute sweetheart. We had a few people ask about her today at the event... we'll see if anything comes of that. $75 at the vet for her first shots, fecal, and deworming.

Her dad was in near tears when I picked her up. I felt so bad. I know he loves her. :( Anyhow, she is here with me at Sarah's and loves her three. She's yet to meet The Muttlies.

lizbud
02-09-2008, 04:19 PM
She is a cutie. Have you gotten any more pictures of her yet? I hope
she finds the perfect home.

Kfamr
02-10-2008, 08:01 AM
I've gotten plenty of pictures but I'm at Sarah's so I haven't uploaded them yet. She did great last night and slept part of the night with me and then part of the night in her crate. She didn't cry or whine at all.

Next step... introducing her to The Muttlies!

I will be sure to post photos tonight. :)

wolf_Q
02-10-2008, 02:49 PM
She's cute!! :D Are you sure you don't need a 5th muttlie? :p Looking forward to more pictures!

Kfamr
02-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Here are a few shots I took today. I have tons I need to resize and post but only these for now.

I introduced her to The Muttlies today and it's as if she's always been here. I put my four outside and brought her out in her crate. They sniffed her through the crate so I let her out. She caomes waltzing out, they sniff her, and then walk away like "Okay, it's just another dog... she's okay."

Mufasa and her have had a blast playing all day. My neighbors love her and are trying to convince my parents to keep her. :rolleyes:

Anyhow... here they are.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/luna1.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/luna2.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/luna3.jpg

3muttsandaboston
02-10-2008, 07:02 PM
omg that is one adorable puppy!

Aspen and Misty
02-10-2008, 07:22 PM
My neighbors love her and are trying to convince my parents to keep her. :rolleyes:

If you do since she is black and brown does that mean you need to get an all tan one to keep things even?

:p

She is adorable! I wish you good luck in finding her a new home!

Ashley

Bengalz
02-10-2008, 08:02 PM
She's a match Kay ;) perfect composition and she looks like she's always been there too :p Sounds like your neighbours have it all figured out.

Very cute pupper who needs a really good mommy :D

cassiesmom
02-10-2008, 08:04 PM
Kay, oh, my goodness! She fits right in! I hope she gets to be a precious Muttly!

Giselle
02-10-2008, 08:16 PM
She DOES fit right in!! It's amazing! I think it's more than coincidence ;)

kallisto4529
02-10-2008, 08:27 PM
Oh Kay she is just precious, and she fits perfectly with all of your babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you don't keep her I sure hope you are able to find a great home for her. I can not get over how sweet her face is. :D

luvofallhorses
02-10-2008, 08:40 PM
She is adorable! :)

Taz_Zoee
02-10-2008, 08:44 PM
I think the group shot says it all. :) It's a perfect balance - black, tan, black, tan, black.
What do your parents think?

Well, just in case, I looked up more Lion King names. :p
There is Sarabi (as in Queen Sarabi), Sarafina (Nala's mother) and Shenzi (one of the hyenas). Or Zazu is cute for a girl too. :)
No pressure, just throwing ideas out there. ;)

chocolatepuppy
02-10-2008, 08:47 PM
Uh oh, she's the right color. :p Luna is adorable.

Seravieve
02-10-2008, 08:59 PM
Oh dear.. she is just precious. Definitely fits right in in the group shot!
I like Zazu... the bird was a boy, but I've always liked the name!

I think your neighbors are right. She definitely should stay!!
Whats a 5th when you already have 4? lol. ;)

Kfamr
02-10-2008, 09:05 PM
You guys will need to convince my parents this. ;)

Trust me - I've already thought of names. ;) Hakuna, Zira, Nuka, etc, etc. :p I refuse to name her though, unless she's REALLY mine.

Animalhouse26
02-10-2008, 09:53 PM
I am glad it worked out well for all of em! I haven't heard back from you to see how it went! And I told her she should name her Zazu! I think it would fit her! lol

BC_MoM
02-10-2008, 10:03 PM
AHHH... SHE IS SO CUTE, Kay! I am in love...

krazyaboutkatz
02-11-2008, 01:12 AM
She's adorable and she sure fits in well with the muttlies.:) I hope that your parents will fall in love with her and won't want to see her go but if not then I hope that you'll be able to find a great home for her. Good luck.:)

bckrazy
02-11-2008, 01:42 AM
WOW, Kay... she is just adorable. I love her brindle markings! And she has the sweetest little face. ; ) She definitely looks like a hound mix, to me.

I really do hope your parents let you keep her. It is just TOO much of a coincidence that she happened to come into your life. I like the name Sarafina (Nala's mom)!

BC_MoM
02-11-2008, 02:38 AM
I kind of see some Dachshund in her!

Pawsitive Thinking
02-11-2008, 04:37 AM
an open letter to Kay's Mum and Dad....

"she fits in perfectly..you have to keep her...go on, you know it makes sense ;) "

gemini9961
02-11-2008, 06:36 AM
Well Kay.....she does match..... :)

cloverfdx
02-11-2008, 08:00 AM
Ohh she is a pretty little girl :D, i too love her brindle marking. Hakuna is a cool name, and kind of sounds like Luna ;).

Good luck with what ever you and your family decide Kay.

cassiesmom
02-11-2008, 09:50 AM
WOW, Kay... she is just adorable. I love her brindle markings! And she has the sweetest little face. ; ) She definitely looks like a hound mix, to me.

I really do hope your parents let you keep her. It is just TOO much of a coincidence that she happened to come into your life. I like the name Sarafina (Nala's mom)!

A request to Kay's parents ... this little one is adorable and I hope that it will work for Kay to keep her. I like the name Serafina, too ... angel!

Taz_Zoee
02-11-2008, 10:00 AM
Mooooommmmmm, Daaaaadddd, can we keep her, Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze?!?!?! She fits right in with the rest SOOO well, and just look how adorable she is. How can you say no??

(think that will work??:p)

wolf_Q
02-11-2008, 12:20 PM
AWWW she is so adorable! She looks like she could have some plott hound in her. http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0S020uqkbBHREwAX1iJzbkF?p=plott+hound +&y=Search&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-501&x=wrt&js=1&ni=21

I like the name Zazu the best, but all of the lion king names are cute. :)

anna_66
02-11-2008, 12:33 PM
I love her markings!

Good luck on talking your parents into keeping her!

lizbud
02-11-2008, 01:03 PM
Awww, what a cute pup she is. I love her coloring & markings too.
Her eyes look so sweet & pleading. (Please, can I stay) :) She certainly
would be getting one of the best homes in the world with your family.

Whatever happens though, I do hope a great home is in her future.

Animalhouse26
02-11-2008, 01:13 PM
I think she is a Bit too Small for a hound. she is like 13lbs right now, and Looks Like a Dachshund/ corgi mix to me. :-) I don't think she is gonna be over 30-35lbs... But who knows :-) she is soo Precious!

Shelteez2
02-11-2008, 02:01 PM
I think she is a Bit too Small for a hound. she is like 13lbs right now, and Looks Like a Dachshund/ corgi mix to me. :-) I don't think she is gonna be over 30-35lbs... But who knows :-) she is soo Precious!

A dachshund is a hound. :) Whatever she is she's adorable.

Suki Wingy
02-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Vitani :D That's what you should name her. :D

Kfamr
02-12-2008, 03:05 PM
Certainly, someone seriously wants her... come on PT'ers.. you know you do. ;)

I've had some people interested but no one that seriously wants her. :rolleyes:

Alysser
02-12-2008, 03:40 PM
Aww, come on Kay you need a fifth Muttlie!

She is SO precious!! I love that little face. She is stunning. I like the name "Luna". But really, there are PLENTY of lion King characters to name her after ;)

gemini9961
02-12-2008, 04:39 PM
Kay you know Jeff would kill me. Even me mentioning any new pup I get shot down immediately. I think she will make a fine addition to your family.

Kfamr
02-12-2008, 05:05 PM
Oh come on, tell Jeff that she's almost got a Basset build. ;) Short stuby legs, long body... :p

Yep.. thoughts of a new dog get shot down here, too. Which is why she needs to find a home. :p

BitsyNaceyDog
02-12-2008, 05:32 PM
Kay, I'll ask my parents about her. My sister lives with my parents and has a dachshund, Molly, but she's moving out in July and I know my parents are going to really miss Molly. They've been talking about getting a dog or cat of their own once my sister moves out. I think your puppy sounds perfect for them. My mom wants a small dog and my dad wants a medium sized dog... she seems like the perfect compromise. I have no doubt Molly will visit them often for play dates too. How is she with kids, do you know?

Kfamr
02-12-2008, 05:44 PM
I haven't had her around kids (don't know any) but I can't see her being bad with them. She may jump/nibble like usual puppies.

captain
02-12-2008, 10:38 PM
Kay,
Good on you for taking her in!!!
She is beautiful!

BitsyNaceyDog
02-13-2008, 09:07 AM
I sent my mom an email about her.

I'm sure she'd be fine with kids. If she's not it really wouldn't be a big deal anyway. We don't go over too often and when we do she could just stay in a bedroom while we're there.

Kfamr
02-13-2008, 04:25 PM
We *may* have found a home for her - keep your fingers crossed. :) IF it does work out, she will be going there this weekend and living with 2 other dogs. :)

chocolatepuppy
02-13-2008, 08:17 PM
Fingers and paws crossed here. ;)

caseysmom
02-14-2008, 09:20 PM
Any news Kay?

Kfamr
02-14-2008, 09:22 PM
We're introducing her to their two dogs tomorrow at the dog park. They have a Bichon and a Chow/Retriever mix. She said she's worried about how the Bichon will act but the Chow mix will love her. ;)

In the meantime...

caseysmom
02-14-2008, 09:24 PM
Oh my she is so sweet...and already sleeping with kiara....hmmmm

Kfamr
02-14-2008, 09:26 PM
She really likes Kiara - always keeps and eye on her. I suppose because Kiara moves around a lot, so she follows her. :)

caseysmom
02-14-2008, 09:28 PM
Maybe Kiara is like a surrogate mom to her.

Kfamr
02-14-2008, 09:46 PM
Maybe. ;)

kallisto4529
02-14-2008, 10:02 PM
Kay she is just to precious, I really hope it works out for her and she gets a really good home, of course I know you would never allow anything other than the best for her. My hubby would kill me if I even thought about bringing home another dog...lol plus my cat would hate me forever...lol :D
kiki is a good mama...

4 Dog Mother
02-15-2008, 06:15 PM
Oh. my gosh that last picture of Kiara and the pup is just too cute! Hope the puppy finds a good home!

Kfamr
02-15-2008, 06:56 PM
Luna went home with her new family today. :)

We met up with them at the dog park and their two dogs - a Bichon and a Retriever/Chow mix. Both of them did great with her.

Here's a pic of Luna getting loved on by her new mom. :)

chocolatepuppy
02-15-2008, 07:25 PM
Luna has a great forever home! Bless you for fostering her and finding her a home Kay. :)

*LabLoverKEB*
02-15-2008, 08:33 PM
Yaaaaaayyyyy!!! Kay, bless your heart for taking sweet Luna in, and fininding her a forever home!

kimlovescats
02-15-2008, 09:40 PM
She sure did look great with your bunch, but you found her a wonderful home and that's what counts! Good job! ;)

wolf_Q
02-15-2008, 09:42 PM
I'm glad you found a great home for her!! :) She sure is cute! Will her new owners keep in touch with you?

Kfamr
02-16-2008, 02:08 PM
I knew she'd be easy to adopt out being so young and cute. :)

I work with the girl that adopted her - so we will get to chat about her often and set up playdates. She told me that her and Zoey, the Bichon, are doing great together and she had worried that Zoey wouldn't. :)

I still feel so bad for Luna - this is her 4th home to get used to (rescued from Virgina from a foster, then to my friends house, then to mine, and now to her forever home.) Poor sweet little girl!

Giselle
02-16-2008, 02:36 PM
Aww, what a happy ending! :) Glad to hear that Luna found a loving home with companions, too!

chocolatepuppy
02-16-2008, 03:04 PM
That's great you'll get to see her Kay and of course maybe snap a picture or two. :D

lizbud
02-16-2008, 04:28 PM
Congratulations on finding a good home for Luna. :) If you know these
people & you trust them, that's great. I'm sure she will be a happy pup. :)

KatzNK9
02-16-2008, 04:37 PM
I'm so glad Luna has found a new home. All good things in Luna's future!

Bengalz
02-16-2008, 04:44 PM
Congratulations to you Kay for being a caring person and helping Luna when she really needs someone to take care of her and to Luna :D , such a precious baby finally in a furever home :)

Cinder & Smoke
02-16-2008, 05:03 PM
I still feel so bad for Luna - this is her 4th home to get used to ...
* rescued from Virgina from a foster,
* then to my friends house,
* then to mine, and
* now to her forever home. :)
Poor sweet little girl!

Our lil Pet Talk Houndy Dawg ~ Woody / Kirby / Fred/Phred ~ had a long ride to Pennsylvania ...
* The Texas plane ride that just wouldn't take off
* Flight delays
* MISSED his connecting flight
* Somehow ?? made up 3-4 hours
* Arrived in Philly before the Welcoming Committee arrived
* Foster Home #2 on a hurry-up / rush basis
* Foster Home #3 - but he was LONELY ...
* Now to Houndy Dawg Heaven wiff a lil brudder and a cousin + 2 Hoomins

It might Take us a While to arrange the Final Placements -
but a Pet Talk Rescue is certainly assured of an "Interesting Adventure" on the way HOME!

:D

ramanth
02-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Congrats on finding her a forever home!! :D Hopefully you can still have play dates at the park. :D

I'd love to see how she looks as a big kid. :)

Kfamr
02-16-2008, 09:39 PM
Our lil Pet Talk Houndy Dawg ~ Woody / Kirby / Fred/Phred ~ had a long ride to Pennsylvania ...
* The Texas plane ride that just wouldn't take off
* Flight delays
* MISSED his connecting flight
* Somehow ?? made up 3-4 hours
* Arrived in Philly before the Welcoming Committee arrived
* Foster Home #2 on a hurry-up / rush basis
* Foster Home #3 - but he was LONELY ...
* Now to Houndy Dawg Heaven wiff a lil brudder and a cousin + 2 Hoomins

It might Take us a While to arrange the Final Placements -
but a Pet Talk Rescue is certainly assured of an "Interesting Adventure" on the way HOME!

Ok...?

Feeling REALLY bad for him too. It's not easy for a dog to be tossed around. Poor Luna was found near death and then tossed around.

Catty1
02-16-2008, 10:32 PM
Kay - do you have any way to let Luna's 'dad' know that she has a perfect home and is happy?

I hope he is ok.

Luna is a sweetie - and sure loves her new mom lovin' her up! :) Great work!

luvofallhorses
02-16-2008, 11:02 PM
Yay! :D Thanks for giving her a new chance at finding a new home, Kay. :) Maybe her original owner can visit her too? just a thought. :)