PDA

View Full Version : !!!Kelly, Noah, Basie, Phoebe, Micah & Apartment UPDATE!!!

NoahsMommy
02-08-2008, 06:49 PM
RE: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=131313&page=28&pp=15

Hey everyone!!!! Well, 3 of the 4 are all moved in and HAPPY! (YAY!) Even Noah is smitten with my/our roommate, Kristin! This afternoon we were sitting on our balcony (we can see the ocean, even though its about 10-15 miles away!) and I let Noah join us. He walked around, sniffing everything in site...then RAN to Kristin and flopped on his back and let her rub his tummy for at least 5 minutes. She has meet the three already in my room and he was great then too. Basie, as usual is a little attention whore...but its so cute! He purrs and grunts at the same time when we both pet him...so cute! Phoebe is doing very well too! She lets Kristin pet her, but not pick her up - yet! ;)

I'm going to bring Micah in tomorrow. The 3 needed time at the apartment to adjust to me and to being in yet another place. :( But its all good now! :) Micah is so laid back an HAPPY that I was afraid he'd be overkill for the three that are more sensative. While they'll have free reign of the apartment (not Kristin's room/bathroom), I've been letting them out for an hour or so a few times a day to get them acclimated. Micah will come in and perch on Kristin's shoulder, he's such a sweet, friendly guy! :)

Thank you Stace for updating for me. My computer is still at my parents house because I know they need it for all their HOA duties. I didn't want to leave them in a lurch. There is a fabulous office center here at the complex that I've been at for approx. 1 hour catching up on my emails and here at PT. It has EVERYTHING I need until I get my 'puter back.

My parents are being so great! On Sunday, mom and I found a fabulous bedroom set! I got a queen-sized bed, a dresser, a mirror for the dresser and a side table for a really great price. My parents are paying for it, as they told me a while back they'd buy me new, what I gave to their friends when I first moved in with them. The price was fabulous and I love it. All I have to buy is the mattress. It comes on the 24th! I can't wait. Right now the fuzzies and I are sleeping on a queen-sized blowup mattress.

Wait! Update! Jerry just called me! My bedroom set was on back order, so I wasn't originally able to get it delivered yet. But, Heather from the showroom just called and said that it came in and they can deliver it on the 17th! WOOHOO!!! I'm thrilled! My bedroom is so stark as I only moved in some clothes, kitty stuff and my toiletries!

We were planning on moving all my stuff last weekend, but couldn't get a moving truck ANYWHERE! My brother is going out of town TODAY and wont return until next weekend. So my stuff is just waiting for me in the unit we share. I do have a key and the gate code, so I can go get the boxes and my TV on the entrance if I need to, so that's good. :)

Lets see. I was out sick and in bed ALL WEEK! Today is the first day (besides Wed. night when I HAD to go take my final for my Advanced Phlebotomy class feeling like, you know what. I got a low 'A', which is good considering I was feeling so ill.) I've been able to keep anything down. :( :) Aparently there are 5 people out at work and my whole class either had the stomach or the regular flu! Everyone is sick!

I'm starting to feel better now and will return to work on Monday.

Other than that, everything is going well. :) Thank you all SO VERY much for your constant prayers, support, generosity and LOVE. You are the Family I choose and I'm so blessed to have you...as are my precious kitties.

Love you all,
Kelly, Noah, Basil, Phoebe & Micah

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

phesina
02-08-2008, 06:54 PM
Oh, how wonderful, Kelly and kitties and new home!

May you all find much happiness and contentment now, after a long time and many trials.

Love, hugs, and purrs,
Pat and Cats

Alysser
02-08-2008, 07:15 PM
Glad you are settling in. This must be so exciting and happy for you and it's great your parents are being so supportive. I know what you mean about everyone being sick, that includes me. :P

Moesha
02-08-2008, 07:23 PM
Thanks for checking in and letting us know how things are going. I'm so glad to hear Noah is adjusting well.

gini
02-08-2008, 07:38 PM
Now this is the kind of post I have been waiting for from you for a long time.

It just gives me the chills to read how happy you are and how happy all the kitties are as well.

Bless your heart, Kelly, you really do deserve to have this great turn of events.
I am really happy too, that things are alright with your parents. I think it would have made all of us sad if you had to be separated from them because of any disagreement over your moving.

It was just the right time and look where you are at now.

XXOO ♥♥♥

Rachel
02-08-2008, 07:49 PM
Kelly, needless to say that I am thrilled with the way things turned out between you and your parents and how well you and the kids are settling in to your new environment. {{happy hugs}}

BitsyNaceyDog
02-08-2008, 08:07 PM
Yay Kelly! I'm so happy you're finally reunited with your fur-family. I haven't been able to post too often lately though I've been trying to keep up to date with your other thread. I hope everything continues to go well for you and your kitties and I'm glad you're feeling better too.

Daisy and Delilah
02-08-2008, 08:16 PM
It's about time, Kelly!!! YAY YAY YAY!!! I'm thrilled for you. No one deserves happiness more than you. {{{{{HUGS}}}}} :)

shais_mom
02-08-2008, 08:23 PM
I nth that!
I'm so glad you are doing better!!
awesome!

Karen
02-08-2008, 08:36 PM
Yay! And double-yay that Noah likes Kristen! Thank goodness you are feeling somewhat better, too. Being sick is just NO fun.

ramanth
02-08-2008, 08:49 PM
Great news!! I'm so happy to hear things are transitioning smoothly and that you are feeling better. :D

Cincy'sMom
02-08-2008, 09:01 PM
What a great update! I'm so happy for you and all your kitties, Kelly!!!

Felicia's Mom
02-08-2008, 09:08 PM
I am glad things are looking up for you and your kitties.

Craftlady
02-08-2008, 09:08 PM
I'm so happy that you are enjoying your new apartment and finally have the fur babies with you.
Glad your feeling better too.

Catty1
02-08-2008, 09:34 PM
Kelly - how great, you and your kitties, and Noah being sucky with Kirstin, and your mom keeping good on her promise to buy you new stuff!

Gee...I wonder if the office centre ever upgrades their computers and has nearly-new ones to give away? But maybe your folks will get a new one.

HUGS and looking forward to kitty pics! :D

dukedogsmom
02-08-2008, 09:40 PM
I am so very happy for you! I think the thing that makes me even happier than you're in your own space with your kitties now is your relationship with your parents. I'm so glad that it's turned out this way. I'll tell you I was really worried about it. Can't wait to see pics of you and your kitties in your new place. I'm glad you're feeling better. Congrats on the good grade despite you being ill.

krazyaboutkatz
02-09-2008, 12:43 AM
Kelly, I'm so glad to hear this wonderful update.:) I'm also glad that your furkids are settling in and that Noah likes your new roommate. I'm sorry that you've been sick but very glad that you're starting to feel better. I look forward to hearing more about you and your furkids and hopefully I'll be able to see some pictures too. Please take care.:)

moosmom
02-09-2008, 02:14 PM
I wish you all the best, Kelly!!! You and your furbabies have been reunited once again. LES. *doing the happy dance* YAY!!!

Barbara
02-09-2008, 02:26 PM
That is so wonderful:)
You and the kitties back in your own place and happy again.
Kiss my Micah for me ;)

sasvermont
02-09-2008, 03:53 PM
Kelly, I am so happy to hear you are having a good time of it! Take care of your health girl! Give those fur babies hugs from me. I am just so happy to hear you are working things out with your folks, too. See, it wasn't as bad as you had thought it would be. Just remember that people can change....and then change again...and again..... Be true to your standards.

And, we would like so photos! How dare you tell us about how happy your cats are now, and not allows us to see you with them. Photos, we demand photos!

L,
SAS and her campers

Taz_Zoee
02-09-2008, 04:53 PM
Congrats! Doesn't it feel great to be reunited with your kitties? And I'm so happy that your parents are being so understanding about the whole thing. That makes it so much nicer. :D
I agree, we would really like to see some family reunion pictures. :)

Kirsten
02-10-2008, 11:59 AM
Oh Kelly, that's great news!!! After all you've been through you really deserve this!! I'm so happy for you!! :)

Kirsten

Logan
02-10-2008, 12:16 PM
What a wonderful update!!! :) It is good to hear you "sounding" so good, Kelly!!! :D

Emeraldgreen
02-10-2008, 02:06 PM
Such good news! Look forward to seeing pics of your cats in their new home. :)

lvpets2002
02-10-2008, 03:32 PM
:) ;) **** HUGGSS HUGGSS HUGGSS Kelly & Furr Purr Babies *****

Pawsitive Thinking
02-11-2008, 06:17 AM
My parents are being so great!

That is fantastic!!!! I am so glad to "see" you so obviously happy again :D Love and luck for the future - its going to be great!

anna_66
02-11-2008, 07:41 AM
Kelly I know I haven't replied to your threads, but I have been keeping up wit them and am so happy to hear things are finally working out for you:D

jewellnz
02-11-2008, 06:48 PM
Your thread made happy and great reading, so glad all is going so well with you and the kitties, hope you are on the mend. :)(Tis I carole from NZ, under new name due to computer problems) :)

NoahsMommy
02-19-2008, 07:19 PM
Well...I had THOUGHT I was returning to work last Monday...but had to stay home another week from work. What I originally thought was gastritis (something I'm becoming quite the expert on!) is actually a crohn's attack! :eek: :( Luckily, I have a wonderfully understanding doctor who took me out of work 'no questions asked' for two weeks and sent my employer two notes to the effect with a note asking anyone who had a problem with it to call him immediately. He's felt so badly that I've gotten fired so many times for being ill, that he's trying in ways he can I believe. You know? Today was my FIRST day back sinse 2/1!! (yesturday was a holiday and I totally spaced on it...that's what happens when you can only live on pretzels and water/zUp. :( Ugh. yck.

Being sick isn't even the worst part. About half way through last week, during uhm...getting sick...I dropped my cell phone into the toilet!!! Leave it to me!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p :cool: So when I could physically get myself to the apartment complex's office, looking just BEAUTIFUL, I'm sure, to call my mom, and my doc, I did.

For V-Day, my mom and Jerry stopped by to bring me a replacement cell phone! Thank Goodness!!! I'm still on thier plan and every year we get a certain credit for new phones, so it worked out nicely. It was horrible without a phone. My roommie has one, but you know, its just ackward not having your own.

Things are going well at the apartment. I just got my bedroom set on Sunday and it looks GORGEOUS!!! I just love it!! This weekend, I think my family is going to help me move some more of my stuff in - the furnature and the boxes. I'll find my camera and when its all settled in, take pictures of the place....and of course, the kitties!!! Its so nice being home with them!

Well, I'm at mom's house getting ready for her candle party thing. I'll check back tomorrow.

Love you guys. :)

Love, Kelly

xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

K9karen
02-19-2008, 07:42 PM
*Waves* Hi Kelly and kitties!

I'm so sorry you had another terrible Crohn's attack. it always breaks my heart when you have one.
I never ever mentioned this, but I couldn't believe that your previous medical employers canned you because you HAD to take off with a severe medical condition. I know..blah, blah, blah..there's a business to run and other people get upset...been there...but for crying out loud, these people are in the medical profession. And shame on anyone getting upset that a person is out because of illness. I was extremely lucky and I'm thrilled you have a wonderful, compassionate doctor/employer who is on YOUR SIDE! When I was working and things were terrible with 2 sick parents and my spine problems, one girl I worked with pitched a bi*** and gave me attitude. Turned out, her husband moved in his Alzheimers dad and SHE had to take care of him and finally quit work. And SHE apologized to me. So..what goes around, comes around.

Anyhoo..yay that you love your new stuff and that everyone is happy! I dropped my cell phone in a sudsy pot of grease about a month ago. Not as bad as a toliet, but being without one sure is awful. I didn't realize how spoiled I was. How did we ever survive without them? I was due for an upgrade too, and got a new one. Now I use my blue tooth so I don't clumbsily try to "catch" my phone when it slips from my shoulder/ear as I try to pour a glass of wine! That'll teach me! Now I can pour perfectly! :p :D :D

Continued prayers that your life is on the uppity side! Sending you warm hugs from the cold and windy east coast!!!!!

moosmom
02-20-2008, 09:58 AM
Kelly,

I cannot believe the happiness and enthusiasm in your posts. It feels good to be outta there, doesn't it??

Your cats must be so happy. You're a strong woman there, Kel. I'm so proud of you.

lvpets2002
02-20-2008, 10:53 AM
;) ;) Huggss Huggss && More Huggss Kelley & Furr Purr Clann..

Pawsitive Thinking
02-20-2008, 10:57 AM
What a happy note to end my working day on :D

pitc9
02-20-2008, 11:24 AM
I'm so sorry you had another attack, but I'm glad to hear your Dr. is helping you in any way he can!

{{hugs}}

krazyaboutkatz
02-20-2008, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the update Kelly.:) I'm so sorry that you've been so sick with your crohn's again.:( I'm so glad that you have such an understanding doctor that will keep your employers informed so you won't lose another job. I still don't understand how an employer could fire any one due to an illness any way.

I'm glad that things are going well and I look forward to hearing more updates and hopefully seeing some pictures of your apartment and kitties.:) Please take care. (((HUGS)))

NoahsMommy
02-21-2008, 06:01 PM
Hey guys!!! Oh how I miss you!!! I'm hoping that when I get my settlement check, it'll be enough for me to get a laptop! I've been wanting one for a long time as its so condusive to my lifestyle - I hate being chained to a desk to go online as I'm normally doing at least two other things at the same time! If I DO get enough $$ extra, I'd like to give MY computer to my parents. Then they wont have to buy one. It would make me happy for them not to have to go out and purchase one...and not to have to worry about learning something new. They are very, very, very low-tech and I know the idea of buying a new computer would make them not get one at all. They've done SO GREAT being 'on line' and are even more social - if that is possible - now that they've discovered finding MORE things to do by researching them and other places online! :) That, and mom and I email, its cute!

Things are going well. I LOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEE it at home with the kitties. I have to tell you, I'm constantly counting them, asking myself "where's the 5th one? Where's Jonah? Four is soooo easy!!" But its NOT EASY when I'm sick! Its not easy now, actually. We've all missed each other so greatly that they are especially needy. Noah and Micah especially. Basie has always been my little "attention whore" and Phoebe and I have special "sessions" many times a day. It seems as though there is never enough of me to go around!

Well, I better go clock out. I'll check back tomorrow.

I hope you are all well.

Hugs,
Kelly & Kitties

XOXOXOXOXOXOX

:) :D :) :D

Felicia's Mom
02-21-2008, 10:09 PM
I am happy that things are working out for you. Hope to see you online more.

Karen
02-21-2008, 11:26 PM
So glad to hear things are going better. Nasty ol' Crohns, sneaking in an attack when you weren't expecting it. But still, it is good to hear happy news and positive posts from you! Sending you hugs, long-distance!

NoahsMommy
02-22-2008, 03:53 PM
Thanks, Guys! :)

Yea, I hope to be able to get online more as well. I think things are settling some. So here's hoping. I should be hearing more on my settlement this afternoon. So, that will be some more good news. Yay! :D

I told mom about giving her and Jerry my computer if the settlement allows me to buy myself a laptop. She was sooooo happy. Its not the money, they can afford it. Its more the having to face re-learning a new machine...everything would be so foreign because it would be brand new, and in turn, very scary for them. I know they would go back to not using it other than just for email and I don't want that for them. Mom was happy, I was so glad. :D :)

Last night was another cuddly evening spent with the furballs! Well, first I spent time shopping, food shopping, going out to dinner and then watching TV with mom. It was a really nice evening. :)

I took some pictures of Micah and I snuggling under the blankets with the camera on my cell phone. He was soo cute! There's one especially for his Auntie Tonya...from her Nephew Donut! :)

I'll post them as soon as I can.

Nothing else really to report. I'm feeling a bit better. Last night was a bit rough and this morning too, but now I am doing well. I'm hoping the mean Crohn's Bug will go away...QUICK!

Hugs and Love,
Kelly and Kits

xoxoxoxoxoxoox

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-22-2008, 04:13 PM
This is WONDERFUL news, Kelly !!! I am so happy for you!!!

phesina
02-23-2008, 09:33 AM
Kelly, it is fabulous to read about your new life unfolding.. Love to you, your furballs, and your human family.

Pawsitive Thinking
02-23-2008, 03:47 PM
Couldn't be happier for you Kelly!

ramanth
02-23-2008, 06:26 PM
Great news Kelly! Take it easy and feel better soon. Looking forward to pictures! :D

krazyaboutkatz
02-23-2008, 06:50 PM
Kelly, I'm glad that things are going well for you and that you're starting to feel better too.:) Hopefully you'll be able to buy yourself a laptop so you'll be able to post more on PT. I look forward to seeing some pictures soon. Please take care.:)

rg_girlca
02-23-2008, 10:59 PM
Oh Kelly, I am soooooooo happy to hear how well things are going for you and your furkids. I pray that the mean old Crohn's bug goes away quickly also. Looking forward to seeing the pictures too. :D

Keep those uplifting posts coming dear girl, they do the heart good. :D