PDA

View Full Version : Cresteds in a pet store :(

buttercup132
02-08-2008, 12:19 PM
I went into the mall pet store and guess what they had..3 cresteds sitting in a cage with not even a blanket http://www.chinesecrestedcrush.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_sad.gif
They had a true hairless,hairy hairless and a powderpuff.
They were advertising the powderpuff as hairy hairless, maybe to make more money? http://www.chinesecrestedcrush.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif
I took the hairy hairless girl out and her skin was horrible http://www.chinesecrestedcrush.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_sad.gif
She had little black heads and her skin was so dry.
I put her on the ground to play and she put her tail in between her legs and was shivering and looking for a place to hide.
They obviously don't know how to care for them and they will sell them to some stupid un educated person who also won't know how to care for them.
I wanted so bad to walk out the store with her.
The employees were all busy with some other people and she would have fit in my purse perfectly but my mom wouldnt let me.
I hate pet stores so much, it sucks even more when you see a breed you love so much in there no being cared for http://www.chinesecrestedcrush.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_cry.gif

jackie
02-08-2008, 12:34 PM
Did you complain?

buttercup132
02-08-2008, 01:31 PM
No, I didn't even think to complain actually.
Not that they really listen anyways.

3muttsandaboston
02-08-2008, 01:43 PM
The blackheads and shaking probably has much more to do with the horrific puppy mill these puppies were raised in than the pet store. Although the petstore is partially to blame as well for selling these puppy mill puppies.

pitc9
02-08-2008, 01:43 PM
Maybe you could go back and take pictures then report them.

buttercup132
02-08-2008, 01:53 PM
That pet store has under cover animal control officers in there ALL the time.
They are a horrific pet store and I worked there for years before I knew about puppymills etc.
The owner gets mad when workers even bath or interact with the puppies.

The blackheads and shaking probably has much more to do with the horrific puppy mill these puppies were raised in than the pet store. Although the petstore is partially to blame as well for selling these puppy mill puppies. They get black heads and acne from not being bathed enough. She was freezing and scared so I imagine that's why she was shaking.

Grace
02-08-2008, 02:19 PM
Report the conditions to your local Animal Control.

buttercup132
02-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Report the conditions to your local Animal Control.

That pet store has under cover animal control officers in there ALL the time.

I have seen and reported far worse stuff, nothing gets done.
Like I said I worked there I know how it works behind the scenes.
They stand on chairs and drop puppies and dont take them to the vet, they have puppies fall from the top cages and they dont go to the vet, they have sick dogs that dont get treatment.
Some how they are still open.

Grace
02-08-2008, 02:56 PM
How about taking pictures and sending them to the local newspaper - call a TV or radio station?

buttercup132
02-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Good idea.
How do I take pictures and not get caught though?
I have pictures of the cresteds face on my phone but I don't know how to get my pictures off my phone to my computer and it doesnt show her bad skin.
The puppies in there also all have runny poo.

Jadapit
02-08-2008, 03:17 PM
You could email the pictures from your phone to yourself, then save them to your pictures. I bet you did want to take the poor little dog home. Its a shame what puppy mills and pet stores to do animals. :(

kittycats_delight
02-08-2008, 03:28 PM
Alicia you can go to wherever you got you phone or any electroics place like Radio Shack, Future Shop etc and they can give you the correct cord that connects your phone via USB to your computer. They are relatively inexpensive. I got one for mine when I was in canada and mine is quite different than others cause it is a sonyericsson and it was around $10.00 so one that other phones should cost even less.

I don't know that they would complain about you taking pictures. Go in with your camera and ask them. Tell them your dad wants to see the dog before he says you can have it and he cannot get in so you want to take a couple of pics so he can see. If they think there is a potential sale they will most likely say 'oh no problem go right ahead'

Good Luck. I cannot even enter a pet store that sells animals like puppies and kittens. It just irks me beyond belief. I have gone to pet stores here that just carry fish when I have seen one that is ill or dead and told them. I cannot stand to see it.

buttercup132
02-08-2008, 04:14 PM
I'm going back tonight I'll se what pictures I can get.

Freedom
02-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Possibly, you don't have to be the one to take the photos. Call the local media to find out if they can send someone.

I would NOT ask permission, I would just stand around snapping. Turn OFF the flash so no one actually sees anything. It 'should' be light enough in the store for the camera to work fine.

BC_MoM
02-08-2008, 06:13 PM
They can't tell you not to take pictures. Just like they can't tell you NOT to record videos at the movie theater. At least in Canada. Go take pictures.

Daisy and Delilah
02-08-2008, 07:32 PM
I would definitely call the local tv station. They seem to love animal cruelty stories. I hope they can do something. Thanks for helping those poor little pups. :)

buttercup132
02-08-2008, 07:39 PM
K so I went back and held her again and you guys know me well enough by now to know what kind of attitude I have especially about animal cruelty.
I was so polite and asked the one girl how often they bath them and she said as little as possible and I was like well with these dogs you know your supposed to bath them once a week at least and she just shrugged her shoulders and gave me a dirty look. She said they just got them in a couple days ago so..
I was like ugh:rolleyes:
The true hairless boy is gone already, I wish him luck :(
I didn't get any more pictures because I was I had to hurry once my parents got there.

jackie
02-10-2008, 03:57 AM
I would still give animal control a call, regardless if they have been there before and do nothing. If enough people complain about the conditions, they would be forced to do something.

I don't see the point sneaking in there and taking photos, it's easier and IMO more effective to complain to animal control.