PDA

View Full Version : Urgent!!!!

moosmom
02-07-2008, 07:55 PM
There are two cats in New Haven that are in desperate need of homes. The woman is moving to Manhattan and didn't realize her lease there said "no pets". I've notified MCARN because they are both MC mixes, 6 years old, fixed, negative and have all their shots. One is an orange male, the other is a tortie, both MC mixes.

This woman is leaving for NY tomorrow. I'm spending my day driving over there to get them. If there is ANYONE on this board who can either foster them together (they're littermates) till we can find a home for them, PLEASE PM or email me at [email protected]. I will have pictures of them tomorrow night.

moosmom
02-08-2008, 02:10 PM
Here are pictures of Bart and E.T. Turns out Gail is moving back home to care for her 85 year old mother and Mom said "NO WAY!!" to the cats.

This is E.T. She's stressed out in this picture but is a very beautiful cat with four white paws.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c358/deploss13/DCP_3416.jpg?t=1202501237

This is Bart. He's a 21 pound gentle giant and a REAL lovebug.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c358/deploss13/DCP_3415.jpg?t=1202501329

If anyone here knows of ANYBODY who would love two gorgeous maine coons, please, have them email or PM me. Right now they are in my tiny bathroom.

Anikaca77
02-08-2008, 02:18 PM
I wish I could but as you know I have the maybe pregnant girl in my bathroom and I'm trying to locate a home for her. There is a ragdoll resuce near where I live and she might be able to take them and foster them maybe...

This is the only info I could find online about her. Maybe girl her a shout. I remember when I was looking for a home for my sisters 1 cat, he looks sorta MC so she said she might be able to foster him and I told my sister and by that time she decided to keep him.

REASON FOR TRANSPORT: Rescue to Approved Furever Home
COMING FROM: Robin Thatcher - Approved Foster
Ragdoll Rescue USA/International
State College, PA
ragdollrescue.petfinder..com
freewebs.com/ragdollrescueusa
[email protected]

moosmom
02-08-2008, 02:37 PM
Melissa,

Thanks for the info. I actually have MCARN working on it as well. They've helped me is the past and hopefully will be able to find homes for these beautiful cats.

*sigh*

Anikaca77
02-08-2008, 02:51 PM
I hope so. I wonder why this women though couldn't of kept her cats just another couple days till she found a home for them. Especially if she was moving in to help her mom you think her mom would be understandable about it. Maybe not.

Hopefully a home will come up soon.

Melissa

Melissa,

Thanks for the info. I actually have MCARN working on it as well. They've helped me is the past and hopefully will be able to find homes for these beautiful cats.

*sigh*

GILL
02-08-2008, 02:59 PM
I would love to. But I am waiting to find out about the Canada cats. We have a Coon in our crew now and he is just a big lovable fur ball. Please keep me informed. Worst case I might be able to foster for a while.

moosmom
02-08-2008, 03:06 PM
Gill,

Thanks for the offer. I've got word out all over the place and hopefully we can find these cats foster homes until something more permanent comes along. If not, I'll let you know.

GILL
02-08-2008, 03:46 PM
Just a note after 5:30pm I am off line till Monday. The cell is the best way.
My wife has already fallen in love again.

catmandu
02-08-2008, 03:48 PM
Shes Going To Take Care Of Her 85 Year Old Mother, And Probably Keep Her Out Of A Nursing Home, And She Has To Give Up Her Companion Cats?????????????
Theres Something Very Wrong With This Scenario.

moosmom
02-08-2008, 04:22 PM
John,

Thank you SO much for your kindness. I am so greatful that they can go to a wonderful home together. I look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

Donna

Another happy ending!!!!!!

kuhio98
02-08-2008, 04:29 PM
John,

Thank you SO much for your kindness. I am so greatful that they can go to a wonderful home together. I look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

Donna

Another happy ending!!!!!!Huh? Who's John? (Is that Gill?) Are they going to his house?

moosmom
02-08-2008, 05:15 PM
Kuhio,

Yes, he's adopting both of them. I am ecstatic!!!! He's the one who adopted Bailey from a high kill shelter when I posted that oh, about a year or so ago, and the 10 year old Munchkin.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=130129&page=3&pp=15&highlight=Bailey+depressed

kuhio98
02-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Wonderful news! You're right, another happy ending.

catmandu
02-08-2008, 05:34 PM
The Found Cats Are Cheering That Theres A Happy Ending As Well!!

karyn674
02-08-2008, 11:12 PM
I'm happy they are both settled with a even more responsable owner. At least its a very happy ending. Well done moosmom

Anikaca77
02-09-2008, 01:10 PM
That's wonderful news.

orangemm
02-09-2008, 01:46 PM
LES here. Bless you all! Those babies look like DARLINGS!

moosmom
02-09-2008, 02:10 PM
BLESS YOUR HEART, JOHN GILL

I met John and his wife today with E.T. and Bart. Such wonder, KIND people. The cats are now living in a cat playground (HUGE home, lots of windows).

Doesn't get any better than that!! :D