PDA

View Full Version : Get Well Wishes for Robin (RobiLee)

Pages : [1] 2

Cinder & Smoke
02-07-2008, 06:22 PM
Gather 'round for a big ole Pet Talk Prayer Fest!

Many of you know Robin - "Mom" to Katie & Tori - has been hospitalized
near Chillicothe, Ohio, for treatment of severe stress ...

She could use all the encouragement and Pet Talk Prayers that we can send!
She likes to get Cheerful phone calls - contact Anna to be given the number to use.
(PM to anna_66 for the details.)

I called and *yapped* with Robin this afternoon - she sounded a LOT more cheerful
and upbeat than the previous conversation I had with her!
Hopefully she's really trying to get better!

I asked if she had inquired if The Dogs could visit ... the answer to her was a solid "NO Dogs"!

After I said 'G-Bye' - I called the Hospital and got a Nurse who said she'd *check*
on the Dog Policy ... she came back a couple minutes later ... NO GO she said.
They HAD tried allowing dogs in - till EVERYbody and their brother wanted to bring in
pets of all sizes and flavours! :eek: Now it's NO Dogs, NO Pets - just 2-Leggers! :(

I asked about a *Stuffie* Dog - one that wouldn't *bark*.
:cool: Said Nursey.

By now Robin should have her own little Tori Junior - what the Gift Shop *said* was
a cuddly little Husky *stuffie*! :D They promised to complete the "adoption" into Robin's hands
before dinner. It's sure not the Real Thing - but maybe it will help her to feel better.

If you can't call - Please Pray for Robin.

/s/ Phred

caseysmom
02-07-2008, 06:27 PM
I didn't realize she was in the hospital, I am so sorry to hear this. She is one of the nicest people on pettalk, I sure hope she realizes what a great person she is. I hope you feel better soon Robin.

Alysser
02-07-2008, 07:17 PM
I am glad She sounded a bit happier! :) Thanks for the update and what a nice thing to do giving her a stuffie Tori. I hope things look up for her soon. PT prayers on the way. :)

Bengalz
02-07-2008, 07:25 PM
So sorry to hear about Robin. Many hugs and prayers being sent her way.

ramanth
02-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Lots of Hugs and Prayers for Robin!!

Grace
02-07-2008, 07:42 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Robin - but glad things are getting better.

Phred, you got me going with that stuffie business. Where I come from, this is a 'stuffie' -

http://www.gortonsfreshseafood.com/Images/products/md/Stuffedquahogclamsmd.jpg

chocolatepuppy
02-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Robin is in my prayers.

slick
02-07-2008, 07:50 PM
I have thought of nothing else for days now and have been praying really hard for Robin.

I'm going to PM Anne for her phone number.

anna_66
02-07-2008, 08:52 PM
I wasn't able to talk to Robin today (I worked all day) but she did call and leave a message asking me to thank you Phred and Amy for the husky:D

And also a big thank you to everyone who is praying for her.

countrycowgirl
02-07-2008, 09:11 PM
oh no!!! Robin is such a sweet person!....my thoughts and prayers are with her!!

Felicia's Mom
02-07-2008, 09:27 PM
I'm sorrry Robin is in the hospital. She is in my prayers.

dukedogsmom
02-07-2008, 09:28 PM
Wow. I didn't know she was in the hospital, either. Dasher will have his paws crossed and I'll be praying for her. I'll pm Anna for her number. I am glad to hear she sounded better.

cyber-sibes
02-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Where I come from, this is a 'stuffie' -
http://www.gortonsfreshseafood.com/Images/products/md/Stuffedquahogclamsmd.jpg :D Hey, we just bought some of those stuffies for dinner tomorrow!

Phred & Amy,that was soooo thoughtful of you guys to send Robin a plush husky! That HAD to put a smile on her face!

Prayers continue for her, I'm planning to call her tomorrow, too.

4 Dog Mother
02-07-2008, 09:54 PM
I will be praying for Robin. I didn't know she was in the hospital either - I hope she is feeling better soon. I will try to get a call into her tomorrow too. She is too nice a person to be feeling bad.

slleipnir
02-07-2008, 10:15 PM
I'm so sorry for your hard times. I hope everything gets better...I wish there was something I could do...I'm not so great with phone calls, otherwise I'd definitely call!! I'll be praying for you, you're such a nice lady and you deserve all the happiness!

petslover
02-07-2008, 10:29 PM
Robin,

I hope you get feeling better. Things will start to look up for you. You have a entire group of supporters around you.

*LabLoverKEB*
02-07-2008, 10:53 PM
Robin,
I am praying for you. I know that you are going through a very difficult time in life, but things will get better, just keep your chin up. :)

shais_mom
02-07-2008, 11:38 PM
I was going to call her today but am now aiming for tomorrow.
Thanks so much for the update! :D

Taz_Zoee
02-07-2008, 11:39 PM
I had no idea she was in the hospital. :(
You will definitely be in my thoughts Robin. I hope you are feeling better soon.
Lots of PT hugs from Cali. :)

krazyaboutkatz
02-08-2008, 12:37 AM
Thanks for the latest update.:) I'm so glad to hear that she's in much better spirits.:) I'll continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Pawsitive Thinking
02-08-2008, 04:36 AM
Can whoever calls her next please pass on my love and best wishes to Robin?

Tell her we are all thinking of her and willing her to get well soon

DJFyrewolf36
02-08-2008, 06:39 AM
Pass my best wishes on as well. I hope she starts feeling better soon!

kittycats_delight
02-08-2008, 07:47 AM
Phred just wondering if a nice letter or card would be ok. I am in Italy and the time difference is a bit difficult. I would love to whip up a home-made card with a couple of pics maybe and a nice personal note...do you think that would be ok? If so can you or Anna PM an address where I can send it. Thanks so much.

Michelle

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robin I hope you are starting to feel better. You have a full support team behind here on PT. Hold on tight to all our love and support and we will give you all the extra strength you need to get you though. You are such a sweet and wonderful lady and those gorgeous doggies of yours love you so much. Everyone can see it in the pics you post. Stay strong and remember we are all behind you 150%.

((((HUGS))))
Michelle

Lilith Cherry
02-08-2008, 08:01 AM
Robin we all love and care for you! You are one of the kindest people on PT and the world needs as many kind people as possible... get well soon!

moosmom
02-08-2008, 09:16 AM
RobiLee, I'm sending good thoughts and LOTS of prayers to you from CT.

(((((HUGS)))))

Donna

pitc9
02-08-2008, 09:29 AM
{{{HUGS}}} and prayers for Robin!

kimlovescats
02-08-2008, 10:21 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that Robin has gotten ill from stress. Prayers coming that this hospital stay will help her to get the rest she needs and rebuild her strength!

Kim

Randi
02-08-2008, 10:31 AM
I missed this.. until now. :o

Fister and I are sending lots of good thoughts to Robin, and hoping she'll get better soon! I'm sure the "stuffie" will cheer her up. :)

((((Hugs)))) to you Robin!

gini
02-08-2008, 11:03 AM
I have never let up on the prayers for Robin. I think that all of us want her to know how much we love her and care about her.

Phred, the stuffie is such a good idea and thanks for doing that.

Glacier
02-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Take care, Robin.

Husky_mom
02-08-2008, 12:21 PM
thinking of you from this side of the world....((hugs))

best wishes

Jadapit
02-08-2008, 01:47 PM
Your in my thoughts and prayers Robin. (((HUGS)))

shais_mom
02-08-2008, 01:48 PM
just called the hosp - she was in group the first time I tried -

and when I just called - the line was busy - its a public line for patients

so i'll try later -
off to work now...
:)

cassiesmom
02-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Can whoever calls her next please pass on my best wishes to Robin?

Tell her we are all thinking of her and willing her to get well soon
same here !

Pam
02-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Robin you know you have a whole nuther *family* here at your fingertips who loves you. Please know that and feel our prayers. I wish a speedy recovery for you. (((hugs))))

Daisy and Delilah
02-08-2008, 04:53 PM
Robin, I hope you're feeling better today. You don't deserve this. I hope you can get to the point that you realize what a wonderful person you are and you're able to rise above this horrible treatment you're being subjected to. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

We love you.

Medusa
02-08-2008, 05:00 PM
I'm sending my good wishes your way, too, Robin. We all have our stresses, huh? I know how much prayer works and especially PT prayers, so I'm sending one out to you today and always.

slick
02-08-2008, 05:01 PM
I will be calling her on Saturday.

BitsyNaceyDog
02-08-2008, 05:26 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that Robin isn't feeling well. She's in my thoughts and prayers.

NoahsMommy
02-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Oh No....poor Robin. Why on earth are the kindest people tested so? I'm apt to say "its just not fair", but if I know Robin, this will make her STRONGER, BETTER and even KINDER.

Robin, you will remain in my prayers, may God and all His Angels be at your bedside constantly.

I'm going to call her this weekend.

We love you, Robin. If there's anything I've learned that I can pass along its that THIS FAMILY HERE, YOUR PET TALK FAMILY loves you and will do ANYTHING for you. Trust in us/them, look at what its done for me!

Sweet Robin, I cannot wait to talk to you. Please keep anything positive you can muster in your heart. We are ALL here for you, praying hard and trusting God to help.

Love,
Kelly, Noah, Basie, Phoebe and Micah

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

P.S. PINK for happy! :)

Cinder & Smoke
02-08-2008, 06:32 PM
Ya gotta take a number to get in line ...

:)
She's got Visitors!
Nursey asked if I could call back "inna while".

The phone is "on" up till 11:00 pm - then it's beddy-bye-time.
I'll try again, later.
;)

11:00 pm Uppity-Date:

Grrrrr ... spent 1:20 dialing into a *busy* signal! :(
It was busy right through the 11pm cut-off time -
makes me wonder if someone had the phone off the hook?

Oh well, I'll try again on Saturday.

anna_66
02-08-2008, 09:59 PM
When I talked to her this afternoon I passed on all the well wishes from everyone and she said "THANK YOU!":D

She is feeling a little better, but something is better than nothing. She's just worried about when she goes home. Just don't want to go back to feeling the way she did.

She'll probably be there at least a few more days.

Keep saying those prayers everyone!

*LabLoverKEB*
02-08-2008, 10:17 PM
Thinking and praying for you Robin... :)

CountryWolf07
02-09-2008, 12:55 AM
Thinking & praying for you, too! :)

Cinder & Smoke
02-09-2008, 11:39 AM
I got through to Robin a few minutes ago! :)

She's doing well - sounded *chipper* and alert!
She said she didn't know about This Thread - and *appreciates* all the Kind Thoughts
being posted on her behalf. Anyone who can call her is encouraged to do so.
She enjoyed last night's Family Visit - which included her Sister. :)

Lil Husky Dawg has been a success! Robin said he was so popular he spent the
TV Tyme the night he arrived in an elderly GranMaw's lap being cuddled. Robin has him back.

She continues to worry about Katie and Tori. Robin's Mom & Dad want Robin to stay with them
for a while when she's released from the Hospital; but the Dogs are NOT invited! :(
Seems Mom has a *K*A*T* ~ and Katie and the Kitty have "issues".
Brandon has a problem housing FOUR dogs - his two plus Katie and Tori makes for
an overly *full* house. He's looking for a break from Katie & Tori.
Does any PTer know a Chillicothe, Ohio, friend who'd like to be a Foster Parent?

Lunch came ... she sounded hungry ... *Bye, Robin!*

/s/ Phred

lizbud
02-09-2008, 12:23 PM
Being hungry is a good sign. I hope Robin feels a little stronger each day.
I was wondering about Tori & Katie & where they were staying. I hope she
can join them soon. Hope Robin can draw strength from all her PT friends.

slick
02-09-2008, 01:41 PM
I just got off the phone with Robin. Visiting hours there and she was feeling a bit down because no one was visiting her. I only hope and pray that my phone call cheered her up a bit.:(

She said she's been asking the nurse if she could get on the internet but answer is No. Durn it!!!

Daisy and Delilah
02-09-2008, 02:10 PM
Still keeping Robin in my thoughts and prayers. Please get better, sweet lady!! We miss you and love you.

cyber-sibes
02-09-2008, 05:23 PM
:) I talked to Robin about 4:30. She was in pretty good spirits, I think she's anxious to get out of there. She thinks they may release her soon. She said to say "HI" from her to everyone on PT, she can't wait to see this thread. They absolutely won't let her on a computer - I suggested maybe someone can smuggle in a laptop, lol! Hopefully she'll get to see it soon, along with two doggies who will be VERY happy to see her.

We're praying & sending good healing sibe vibes to you, Robin!

momoffuzzyfaces
02-09-2008, 05:46 PM
Lots of prayers and (((HUGS))) on the way to Robin from me too!!!

My cats are blowing her kisses. They hope she won't mind kitty ones!!! ;)

beeniesmom
02-09-2008, 07:14 PM
I hope you are feeling better. Hugs and kisses from Beenie and Frankie!

shais_mom
02-09-2008, 11:19 PM
I talked with her for just a sec b/c her parents were there to visit. :)
I told her I would call her tomorrow.
She said she was doing fine. :)

K9karen
02-09-2008, 11:26 PM
Wish I lived closer. I love you, beautiful Robin. I'm praying for your recovery and wish you the best, always.

Dorothy39
02-10-2008, 02:02 AM
Robin(Dot blushes) I bought a real, nice book for you . I'll send it on in the mail~It's simple~Great Pictures ~Wonderful captions~

Yeah, it's a soul grabber sort of book, just the kind that a Pet Talk Person really understands.

I'll send it on to you my friend, I bought it with you in mind ;)

Lilith Cherry
02-10-2008, 03:34 AM
Lots of love Robin and hope you are doing well today! I hope you are back with your doggies very soon.

K9soul
02-10-2008, 09:45 AM
Robin is always in my thoughts. I spoke with her a couple days ago and she seemed to be thinking more on the positive. I know it will be difficult and no overnight cure but I hope the love and support of her PT family can help give her strength.

wolf_Q
02-10-2008, 11:23 AM
You're always in my thoughts, Robin! Keva, Sydney, and Nebo also wanted to add...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/U2Q/robin.jpg
Maybe some more pets would like to join in and add a pic too? :)

gini
02-10-2008, 11:55 AM
Robin, sending you much love and some prayers this morning. I am hoping that each day will be better and better for you.

K9soul
02-10-2008, 12:18 PM
I spoke with Robin a bit ago again and she said she may be released today, but will be going to spend a couple days with her parents. She again sounded positive and future oriented.

I'd love to make a special picture/sign with the pups to raise her spirits but I've hurt my back badly and can't do much.

Love you Robin!

Logan
02-10-2008, 12:23 PM
Those of you who speak with her, please send my best wishes and love to her. I wish I could help with her girls, but I'm too far away. I'm not sure Baby Mack and Katie would be much better. :rolleyes:

Logan

RobiLee
02-10-2008, 07:52 PM
I'M HOME!!!!

Well, home with my parents that is. I will probably stay here a couple nights. A bit scared to just go right back to my own house and be alone right off the bat. Don't want to sink down into that black hole ever again. Brandon still has the girls. I haven't seen them yet :( but that is ok because when I see them I want to be able to stay and not leave them again.

Wow! Talk about LES! I am so touched by all the posts and caring thoughts and prayers and phone calls. OMG..the phone calls were so funny. I got so many phone calls from family and friends that when the phone rang the other patients would just say "Its your line, Robin". Oh and Slick, I do NOT have an accent ;). I just have a cold so that is why you thought that :p . I really did appreciate all the calls.

I actually received two beautiful husky stuffies. One from Phred (a gray and white one) and one from Amy (wolf_Q, a red and white one). They were botha big hit with me and the other patients. Thanks Guys!

Phred did do his best to try to get my girls in to see me for a visit but like he said they wouldn't have any part of it..lol. SO, since all my friends at the hospital got to see my handsome son several times, my dad brought some pics of Katie and Tori so everyone could see my beautiful furkids...lol

I have a ways to go until I am all better. At least I realize that now and hopefully I will move forward and get stronger each day. I've told my parents and son and daughter-in-law that I will be spending lots of time with them so that I can make sure that I stay on the right track. I have lots of things that need to be taken care of and it is all a bit overwhelming but I will make it.

I don't know what else to say right now except.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!

RobiLee
02-10-2008, 07:55 PM
You're always in my thoughts, Robin! Keva, Sydney, and Nebo also wanted to add...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/U2Q/robin.jpg
Maybe some more pets would like to join in and add a pic too? :)

Awwww, love you Keva, Sydney and Nebo!!! {{{{BUG HUGS}}}}}

Edwina's Secretary
02-10-2008, 07:55 PM
Glad you are home and feeling better, Robin.

Stay that way! :D :) :D

chocolatepuppy
02-10-2008, 08:14 PM
It's good to hear you're home Robin, well, almost home! We all love you! :) You have your family and of course your PT family, you will make it! ;)

RobiLee
02-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Glad you are home and feeling better, Robin.

Stay that way! :D :) :D

That is the plan ;) :p

Thanks, Annette! Gotta make sure I stay on the right track so I can come and visit you again ;).

Cinder & Smoke
02-10-2008, 08:21 PM
WELCOME Back to almost HOME!!

Y'all STAY WELL, now - ya hear?

{{{HUGS}}}

:D

chocolatepuppy
02-10-2008, 08:23 PM
Thanks, Annette! Gotta make sure I stay on the right track so I can come and visit you again ;).

Yep, I'll get us some more donut holes. :p

cyber-sibes
02-10-2008, 08:59 PM
Hey, welcome back! See, even when you're gone, you're here! :D
I'm happy you'll be staying with your parents for a few days, bask in their love! And now you have access to a computer, too - good deal! Do you still have my number? I'm here every day with no one to talk to except Star & Jack, so call anytime!

Kfamr
02-10-2008, 09:00 PM
Robin,

I am so glad to see you in better spirits. Hopefully this is the new beginning. :) You are well loved, hope you know that. ;)

Remember how I told you there was a surprise coming... well it's in the works!

Ginger's Mom
02-10-2008, 09:14 PM
I am so happy to see that you are on your way to recovery, Robin. It is a long road, but at least you have a lot of people that want to help you along that road, don't forget that. {{{Hugs}}}

Love that picture, Amy. I got all misty eyed, thinking look even Sydney wanted to tell Robin she loves her.

luvofallhorses
02-10-2008, 09:38 PM
I am so glad you are doing better, Robin. :) you are always in my thoughts and prayers and we ALL love you. :)

gini
02-10-2008, 10:00 PM
What good news that you are home - well at least a home where you are loved and will be taken care of for a few days.

All of us support you and love you - don't ever forget that. It sounds as though you are on the right track - and as Sara said - STAY ON IT!!

XXOO Gini

shais_mom
02-10-2008, 10:19 PM
oh I'm so glad you're almost home! :)
I was going to call today but then read you might be going home - and my phone died.
spend lots of time with family and FRIENDS! :D

Taz_Zoee
02-10-2008, 10:37 PM
Welcome (almost) home!! Just remember we are all here for you and you will remain in my thoughts. :)

dukedogsmom
02-10-2008, 10:40 PM
So glad that you're sort of home. I know you can't wait to see the girls. I guess I let you down. I tried to call the other day and didn't know your last name. They told me they wouldn't be able to find you without it. I had to pm Anna for it. Anyway, glad you're doing better and hope things continue to improve. Remember you always have all of us to lean on.

Cincy'sMom
02-10-2008, 11:21 PM
So glad to see you are home, Robin!! Just remember there are lots of us here that love you lots and anytime you feel your self starting to slip back toward that hole you can call any of us and we will be there for you!

Relax, enjoy yourself with your parents, and don't rush yourself to get home. Brandon will be fine a few more days with Katie and Tori.

slick
02-10-2008, 11:22 PM
Robin:
So you blew that popicle stand! Good for you and have a peaceful rest at your parents place. No matter how old we get, sometimes it's just good to have "Mommy" and "Daddy" close at hand. Remember that we are always here for your.....24/7.

Big hugs to you and yes you do have an accent....a very delightful one I must say! :D

krazyaboutkatz
02-11-2008, 12:01 AM
Robin, I'm glad to hear that you're out of the hospital and that you'll be staying with your parents for a few days.:) I hope that you'll continue to feel well and keep yourself on track. You have family and many many friends that love you and we'll always be here for support. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

wolf_Q
02-11-2008, 12:30 AM
I'm glad to hear you are out of the hospital. :) Enjoy spending time with your parents! I'm sure Katie and Tori will be thrilled to see you too when you are back at your house. I hope you continue to be happy and realize that you are a wonderful person and very much loved! {{HUGS}}

Pam
02-11-2008, 05:23 AM
Robin it is so good to see that you are home and posting again! I think it is an excellent idea to spend some time with Mom and Dad. I know that you will all benefit from that. My PM box is almost empty now (did a big clean out recently) so if you ever want to drop a line I'd love to hear from you. We love you Robin. :) Life will be good again I promise!

Pawsitive Thinking
02-11-2008, 06:13 AM
So good to hear from you Robin :D Look after yourself and let them all make a big fuss of you!

Your PT family are always around when you need us

anna_66
02-11-2008, 08:05 AM
Life will be good again I promise!
I couldn't have said it any better myself Pam!

You all know that Robin is my bestest friend ever and I'm so happy to know she has so many friends who love her! Thanks from me too for being here for her!

I love you girl and only want the best for youhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/Smileys/blowingkisses.gif

CountryWolf07
02-11-2008, 09:24 AM
So glad to see you are back home! Now, Robin cheer up. :) The girls will be so excited to see you!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-11-2008, 09:39 AM
That is great news, Robin !!! Congrats with what you've achieved already!!!

k9krazee
02-11-2008, 09:54 AM
I'm so glad you're home Robin. I've been thinking about you an awful lot, here's some *hugs*, I only wish I could do it in person!!

Christiansmommy
02-11-2008, 11:50 AM
Robin, I am so happy to read that you are at home with your mom and dad!! It is just wonderful that you are in better spirits. I hope you know, you can always feel free to PM or email me ( I have a new email address from last time though)....

You will always have a special place in my heart. I hope you know that! I think of you very fondly. I will be praying for you...and am happy that you are getting back on track...

((HUGS))) from Maryland Robin!!

Love, Robyn

ramanth
02-11-2008, 04:30 PM
Welcome back Robin!!! Always thinking of you!! *HUGS* :D

Catty1
02-11-2008, 10:32 PM
Robin - I am so glad you are home, and with family for a while. :)

What I am really happy to see is that you seem to know there is a path to follow, since you said, "I have a long way to go." It takes time to unlearn and relearn stuff, and this will be an interesting and rewarding journey for you (just basing this on my own past experiences).

I know money is a concern - but when you can, maybe 'redo' the old home. Move the furniture around, paint a wall, get some neat stuff from Freecycle and make it new and YOUR home! :D Heck, get some friends together and make it a pizza party or something.

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Husky_mom
02-12-2008, 12:00 PM
glad to hear you´re back!!.... sending many many hugs and well wishes!!

you know we are here for you anytime!! we wuv you Robin!!

dukedogsmom
02-12-2008, 12:44 PM
Checking to see how you're doing today. I hope things continue to improve and sunshine brightens your days. We're all here for you.

Daisy and Delilah
02-12-2008, 04:48 PM
I'm so glad you're home, Robin. Please take it easy and stay out of harms way. I think about you all the time. PM me anytime you need to talk.

KYS
02-12-2008, 05:37 PM
Welcome back. Give yourself a chance and take one day at a time. Each day will get a little easier and it will get better.
Know that you our loved.
((HUGS))

AdoreMyDogs
02-12-2008, 05:40 PM
Welcome back!

captain
02-12-2008, 10:46 PM
Robin,
I am so sorry to have only read this thread now. My internet is down at home, and don't get much of a chance at work at the moment.

We had an online chat once, remember? Please know that I will always be here to listen, give advice (whether you want it or NOT :p )

You are a wonderful, wonderful person. You have the happiest face I have ever seen (in photographs), and you deserve to be Happy, Happy, Happy.

Take care of YOU!! You come first, always.

love and hugs
Michelle

carole
02-13-2008, 02:44 PM
Hope you are feeling much better Robilee, take care of yourself HUGS.

Kater
02-13-2008, 03:30 PM
I'm so glad to hear that you are back home now, Robin. My thoughts continue to be with you!! *hugs*

RobiLee
02-13-2008, 05:00 PM
Just wanted to update and let you all know that I am home in my own house now with my girls. I am still struggling and the doc has switched meds for me to see if that will help. Continued good thoughts and prayers are still very much needed. Thanks!

Husky_mom
02-13-2008, 05:07 PM
your girls will definately make it easier... and better....

take care and many many hugs from us...;)

wolf_Q
02-13-2008, 06:02 PM
Thinking of you, Robin! :) Maybe you could volunteer at the shelter or something? It may give you something to do thats rewarding. Please give those beautiful girls a hug from me! :)

chocolatepuppy
02-13-2008, 06:20 PM
I'm happy to hear you're home with your girls Robin. Did you see that beautiful Akita that was up for Best in show in the dog show last night? ;) Keep on hanging in there girl and remember we are all here for you. You will be in my prayers.

Jadapit
02-13-2008, 06:26 PM
I'm glad your at home with your fur kids. You hang in there Robin, you have a lot of people that love you. Your in my thoughts and prayers. (((Hugs)))

Rachel
02-14-2008, 06:47 AM
Like others here, I am one of your fans. I wish you could see yourself through the eyes of others and see the strong beautiful woman with so much to offer personally and professionally.

karyn674
02-14-2008, 07:20 AM
Sending you plenty hugs and prayers from the tiny island of Malta. Get well soon dear Robin and take good care

Pawsitive Thinking
02-14-2008, 09:48 AM
Consider them sent my dear!

Lilith Cherry
02-14-2008, 10:33 AM
Continued loving thoughts Robin! Glad you are home with your doggies!

Pembroke_Corgi
02-14-2008, 10:53 AM
Robin,

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through some hard times. I know I agree with everyone when they say you are such a good person and you deserve to be happy. I hope you feel better soon! I will keep you in my thoughts.

Jill

slick
02-14-2008, 08:02 PM
Robin, I'm glad that you are home and that the girls are giving you much needed love. Yes, you deserve to be loved and you are loved especially by all of us. Lean on PT and we will help you through all of this "crap". Stay strong girl. Like I said on the phone....you are my inspiration.;)

{{{hugs}}}

Catty1
02-14-2008, 08:35 PM
Welcome home, Robilee! :)

I bet your puppies are sooo glad to see Mom!

Glad you have a good doc...sometimes a couple of different meds have to be tried and tweaked. When the two of you find one that works, it will be worth the wait!

I heard this definition a while ago which you might like:

Depression is anger without enthusiasm. ;)

HUGS!

cyber-sibes
02-14-2008, 09:26 PM
Home is good, Robin! Tori & Katie must be so happy you're back! With all the medical stuff you've been thru previously, you know God didn't bring you this far to drop you now. You have many gifts, and I hope you re-read this thread many times when you feel that darkness creeping in - to remind yourself how many people's lives you've touched in positive ways, and that your PT family loves & needs you! :)
Love & (((hugs))),
Pat, Star & Jack

ramanth
02-14-2008, 09:28 PM
Many heartfelt prayers and good vibes for you Robin!! *HUGS*

DJFyrewolf36
02-14-2008, 11:30 PM
Good vibes still on the way! *HUGS* to you!

wolf_Q
02-15-2008, 12:28 AM
Robin could really use some prayers right now...:(

Thinking of you, always, Robin, and praying that you will get through this.

krazyaboutkatz
02-15-2008, 12:34 AM
Robin, I'm glad to hear that you're back home and with your dogs.:) I hope that you'll start feeling better very soon. You continue to remain in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

ChrisH
02-15-2008, 04:44 AM
Robin, I'm keeping you in my prayers and sending out positive thoughts for you to be feeling much better very soon. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/Hugs2.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/f71dfc15.jpg

shais_mom
02-15-2008, 10:14 AM
Robin, I'm keeping you in my prayers and sending out positive thoughts for you to be feeling much better very soon. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/Hugs2.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Bobby%20Boy/f71dfc15.jpg
awww Bob you put a smile on MY face! :D

Ginger's Mom
02-15-2008, 11:22 AM
How could anyone look at that sweet picture of Bob and not feel instantly better? *swoon*
Robin, I hope you are checking on this thread, and that seeing how many people care about you and are praying for you will make a difference.

gini
02-15-2008, 12:11 PM
Robin, you have my prayers for sure. I hope you have had the time to read all of the posts that are just for you. You are a very important part of Pet Talk and well loved. You are such a lovely woman and deserve much happiness.

Please check in with us regularly - so we can offer support and keep showing you how much we all care.

And didn't Bob's picture bring a smile to your face?

Karen
02-15-2008, 12:21 PM
Prayers still on the way!

4 Dog Mother
02-15-2008, 12:56 PM
Hi, Robin, Carl and I went away for a few days since he had to use his vacation before the end of the month. We just went to stay at Christy's house - couldn't afford anything more - but it was just to get away from all the hustle and bustle at our house and be alone for awhile. Tucker and Snoopy went with us.

Anyway, I have thought about you alot during this time. I hope you are doing better and continue to do better. We girls will have to get together again soon - but can we get you, Amy and Anna to give up Nascar for an afternoon?

Love ya, Diana

chocolatepuppy
02-16-2008, 10:51 AM
Thinking of you Robin. I hope you're okay. Will continue to keep you in my prayers.

shais_mom
02-16-2008, 11:32 AM
all I can say is - a few of us haven't heard from her for a couple days-
please
PLEASE
keep the prayers up in earnest! :(

Medusa
02-16-2008, 11:43 AM
keep the prayers up in earnest! :(
We will pray w/out ceasing......

shais_mom
02-16-2008, 11:46 AM
We will pray w/out ceasing......
thank you! *hugs*

gini
02-16-2008, 11:53 AM
Has anyone tried to call her at home?

Oh, if only a magic wand was something real.................I guess we just call it prayers!

Lots are being said for you Robin - please check in with us.

anna_66
02-16-2008, 12:03 PM
Yep, I have. No answer:(

slick
02-16-2008, 12:08 PM
Robin, please check in ........ please please.......

We love you and even if you don't want to talk on the phone, just type in one word, just one word to let us know you are OK.

Prayers continuing....

Jadapit
02-16-2008, 12:14 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with Robin every single day. Please do check in Robin. (((Hugs)))

Cincy'sMom
02-16-2008, 12:41 PM
Thinking of you Robin. Please check in! We miss you!

Daisy and Delilah
02-16-2008, 12:50 PM
Robin, please check in so we can all know that you're okay. I still keep you in my thoughts and prayers all the time. {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

ramanth
02-16-2008, 03:49 PM
Robin! Always praying for you and loving you! *HUGS*

Cinder & Smoke
02-16-2008, 05:39 PM
Maybe Katie an Tori will pick it up ...

<RING>[ring] went da hous ringy-dingy ... no answer ...
<B><BEE-BOOP></B> went da cell dinger ... no answer ... http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif

Hey, Let's call GOD!
Maybe He can get through onna Heavenly Hot Line!
<RING>

HI, God ~
Prayer Pups down here ... Havin trubble gettin hold of [b]Miz Robin ...
Can You ring through an make sure she's A-OK?

When You get ahold of her, maybe *patch* her down here onna Howze line?

We'd all 'preciate hearing frum her - We'z all gettin *wurried* bout her! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif

THANKS, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

<DRUMS><DRUMS nails>[drums nails] ...
<WAITS><WAITS>[waits] ...

Alysser
02-16-2008, 05:50 PM
Prayers for Robin. Hope she is doing okay!! {{{hugs}}}

K9soul
02-16-2008, 06:00 PM
I last spoke with Robin Feb 14 and have felt sick with worry and helplessness. I pray and pray and I want to have some healing magical words but I feel so inadequate in all of this. Robin, I'm sick with worry. All I can do is add my prayers to the others. It is awfully hard for me to think of anything else.

lizbud
02-16-2008, 06:33 PM
I last spoke with Robin Feb 14 and have felt sick with worry and helplessness. I pray and pray and I want to have some healing magical words but I feel so inadequate in all of this.

I understand how you feel Jess. :( The sad fact is that we can do nothing
but pray & be as supportive as possible. I know from experience that each
person must come to believe in their own ability to change & grow as a
individual. It may be the hardest thing in the world to do, but we must each
trust & love ourselves enough to make positive changes & be happy again.

Cinder & Smoke
02-16-2008, 06:50 PM
Well ... Robin answered the home phone at 7:40 pm tonight ...

She "didn't want to / couldn't talk - Dad and 'best friend' were there ...
Things aren't going to well ... call me back."

It was a very short conversation ... :(

K9soul
02-16-2008, 06:53 PM
Thank you Phred.

ramanth
02-16-2008, 07:03 PM
Thanks Phred. Short is better than nothing at all.

Still praying for you Robin.

shais_mom
02-16-2008, 07:59 PM
Well ... Robin answered the home phone at 7:40 pm tonight ...

She "didn't want to / couldn't talk - Dad and 'best friend' were there ...
Things aren't going to well ... call me back."

It was a very short conversation ... :(
it may have been a short convo but at least she answered!

slick
02-16-2008, 08:42 PM
Thank God she answered the phone, even if for only a few short words.
Thanks Phred for keeping us in the loop.

petslover
02-16-2008, 09:35 PM
Robin,

Things will start to look up. Please hold your spirits high. You have a whole team behind you. You are in my prayers and thoughts.

RobiLee
02-16-2008, 10:26 PM
I'm here. Thank you for thinking of me. LIfe is a mess right now. I've been in the hospital again. They say I overdosed again. They are full of shit. I just wanted to sleep. I'm tired. Norma is here now. My dad has been here fighting with me. Does anyone understand why I no longer wish to be here? Am I the only one that gets it. I hate all the pain.

I hate how my life has turned out and I don't want to to deal with it anymore. If I was sucha a good person than my husband wouldn't be saying bad things about me. My son would be here supporting me. Thats not the case. I hate life. I hate this pain.

RobiLee
02-16-2008, 10:35 PM
Phred,

I'm sorry that I haven't called you back. I'm waiting here wondering if the police are going to come and get me. I've really messed things up. I deserve to die.

dukedogsmom
02-16-2008, 10:46 PM
Robin,
Hateful people are the ones that make us feel worthless. Don't give them the power. I know that's easy for me to say right now but I have been there. You're too good a person to let that happen. I'm so busy at work right now but I'll try to keep up with this thread. Call Anna if you can.

Catty1
02-16-2008, 10:48 PM
Robin - you don't deserve to die. But you have every right to get angry and fight back!

I have been in many places in life where I didn't want to DIE - I just didn't want to live life like I was any more. Does that make sense?

And I didn't live that horrid life - I changed, and it changed. Keep working, keep going to group. Yes, it's unfair you have to do all this work. BUT IT IS SO WORTH IT.

Stay alive. The pain will go away. Real healing takes more than a bandaid - it takes time.

Give yourself the gift of time. One second, one minute, one hour, one day at a time...whatever you can do.

And you CAN.

You are enough. You are enough. You are good enough just the way you are.

Catty1
02-16-2008, 10:51 PM
Robin. I have always found some comfort in the following. I hope you do too.

One point - accepting something has nothing to do with liking it. ok? Read on.

It's from an AA book - but just take what applies and leave the rest.

"And acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing or situation-some fact of my life-unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing or situation exactly the way it supposed to be at this moment. Nothing, absolutely nothing, happens in God´s world by mistake. Until I could accept my alcoholism, I could not stay sober; unless I accept life completely on life´s terms, I cannot be happy. I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and in my attitudes.

"Shakespeare said, ´All the world´s a stage and all the men and women merely players.´ He forgot to mention that I was the chief critic. I was always able to see the flaw in every person, every situation. And I was always glad to point it out, because I knew you wanted perfection just as I did. AA and acceptance have taught me that there´s a bit of good in the worst of us and a bit of bad in the best of us; that we are all children of God and we each have a right to be here. When I complain about me or about you, I´m complaining about God´s handiwork. I am saying that I know better than God."

{{{{hugs}}}}

gini
02-16-2008, 11:15 PM
Pet Talk prayers - believe in them! This is the best that we can offer Robin right now - prayers - lots of them.

Dear God, hear our prayers for Robin!!

Cinder & Smoke
02-16-2008, 11:26 PM
Phred,

I'm sorry that I haven't called you back.
I'm waiting here wondering if the police are going to come and get me.
I've really messed things up.
I deserve ...

I finally got through again to Robin ... about 11:45 pm ...
She's pretty far down in the dumps, but seemed to come around a bit as we talked.

"Norma" is there with her and will stay till about 1:00 pm on Sunday.
I had a nice chat with Norma >>>
Norma sounds very nice and is concerned about Robin ...
we traded phone numbers with the promise to keep everyone informed.

Back with Robin ... she *perks up* for a moment or two, then starts voicing
depressed thoughts ... gotta keep her focused on Happie Thoughts!

I tried to *sell her* on getting a room-mate for company and to help pay expenses ...
this time she said she'd "think about it" ... can I call that progress?

Hopefully she'll get some restful sleep and wake up with a brighter disposition.

{{{Hugs}}} to Robin!

/s/ Phred

gini
02-16-2008, 11:33 PM
I am so relieved that someone is with Robin - Phred there are no words that say thank you properly.

We are discussing a valuable person's life - and we have no control - only our prayers that she can understand how valuable she is....................

Catty1
02-17-2008, 12:05 AM
Prayers for Robin that she will get through this rough patch and begin to see a bit of a bigger, brighter picture.

Phred, thank you for the update. :)

slick
02-17-2008, 12:15 AM
Phred, thank you for that information. The fact alone that she is posting is a good sign in my opinion and I'm so glad that she is not alone right now.

Robin, I never told you about this on the phone, but I truly know how you feel. Without going into details here, I know what it's like to want to die. I've been there. I wanted the hurt to end so desperately that my life meant nothing to me. For me that was rock bottom. When I woke the next morning I started making phone calls and after a year of therapy, I finally realized that it wasn't my fault and I learned that I am worth living and loving. That was 18 years ago now and I still have boughts of negativity now and then. It's a long road Robin but well worth it. I pray that you take the same path as me and leave behind the road you currently follow. Help is out there. All you need to do is ask. Life can be so much better than it is now!!!! You have to trust me on this one.

We love you Robin. Our world just wouldn't be the same without you in it. Please stay.

shais_mom
02-17-2008, 12:27 AM
I think you should live to SPITE those that bring you down.
HE changed
YOU didn't. YOU did CHANGE b/c of HIM.

if you do succeed in hurting yourself (GOD FORBID)
you are giving him exactly what he wants.
he will play the 'victim' and the 'martyr' for awhile.
everyone will come up to him and say oh A, poor you.
he'll nod - play the grieving ex. go home with the girlfriend.
THEY will get what they want.. they will move into your home and take your dogs. OR she won't want them and they will end up at the pound wondering why their mom left them.
while your TRUE friends and family including Katie and Tori will be heartbroken. Look into their eyes - how can you possibly not want to live?

so LIVE
to SPITE them. Why give him the satisfaction of an easy life?

LIVE ROBIN....
choose to LIVE.

wolf_Q
02-17-2008, 12:30 AM
I don't know what to say that will help you, Robin...just know I'm keeping you in my thoughts. :( {{HUGS}}

cyber-sibes
02-17-2008, 01:09 AM
Robin, sometimes life sucks for a while & there isn't much you can do about it, because you can't change other people. Your ex's behavior is crazy-making, believe me, I've been where you are. I do understand how you feel. I don't really know how I made it, except that I chose to hang on one more day, in hopes that things would change. I did that every morning for years. And life has changed, for the better. I pray you can hang on just one more day, enough days in a row until life gets better. It will. Till then, let us love you until you can love yourself.

Sending you (((hugs))) & vibes for inner healing.

Oh yeah, Jack says he wants to meet you , too. :)

krazyaboutkatz
02-17-2008, 02:17 AM
Robin, You continue to remain in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Lilith Cherry
02-17-2008, 05:07 AM
Still thinking of you Robin and hoping that you feel at least a little better every day. We love you, honey! :)

chocolatepuppy
02-17-2008, 06:26 AM
Oh Robin, I am so shook up reading this. :( Your almost ex is ONE person! There are so many who know what a beautiful person you are! So many people who need you here. Your son is young, maybe not able to understand why you are acting like 'this'. Maybe can't deal with it.
We all love you and need you here, as do your girls. It will get better, it will take time. Please hang on. I'm keeping you in my prayers. {{{hugs}}}

Cincy'sMom
02-17-2008, 07:09 AM
Robin, I wish there were something any of us could say or do to make you realize that you are a wonderful person and you do deserve to live a long, wonderful, happy life. You mean so much to so many. Know that we are all thinking of you and praying for you.

RobiLee
02-17-2008, 07:51 AM
I think you should live to SPITE those that bring you down.
HE changed
YOU didn't. YOU did CHANGE b/c of HIM.

if you do succeed in hurting yourself (GOD FORBID)
you are giving him exactly what he wants.
he will play the 'victim' and the 'martyr' for awhile.
everyone will come up to him and say oh A, poor you.
he'll nod - play the grieving ex. go home with the girlfriend.
THEY will get what they want.. they will move into your home and take your dogs. OR she won't want them and they will end up at the pound wondering why their mom left them.
while your TRUE friends and family including Katie and Tori will be heartbroken. Look into their eyes - how can you possibly not want to live?

so LIVE
to SPITE them. Why give him the satisfaction of an easy life?

LIVE ROBIN....
choose to LIVE.

Staci,

This post has really touched me. I am printing it out and putting it on my fridge. Thanks for the daily reminder. ;) Love ya!

RobiLee
02-17-2008, 07:54 AM
Robin, sometimes life sucks for a while & there isn't much you can do about it, because you can't change other people. Your ex's behavior is crazy-making, believe me, I've been where you are. I do understand how you feel. I don't really know how I made it, except that I chose to hang on one more day, in hopes that things would change. I did that every morning for years. And life has changed, for the better. I pray you can hang on just one more day, enough days in a row until life gets better. It will. Till then, let us love you until you can love yourself.

Sending you (((hugs))) & vibes for inner healing.

Oh yeah, Jack says he wants to meet you , too. :)re

I am doing better today, Pat. Thank you so much for the picture of Jack-a-roo. He is one of my very favs and if I lived closer I would snatch him up in a heartbeat so that he and Tori could spend the day playing. I just want to give him a great big ol hug. would you do that for me please? Hugs to the queen girl herself too. Love ya, Star!

Randi
02-17-2008, 08:30 AM
Robin, I'm glad to hear you're feeling better today. :) It wlll be a bumpy ride, some days you’ll feel OK and some days you’ll feel down - but keep fighting!! I promise you, things WILL change! Get angry instead of depressed - scream and scout and cry if that helps. You’re allowed to be unreasonable for a while. ;)

I like what Stacy said in her post 151, read that again! And take one day at a time - your life WILL get better!

I believe that a lot of us have been in situations where we'd rather die than go on, but somehow, it'll all work out in the end. :)

Lots of positive thoughts are coming your way!

((((hugs))))

Scooter's Mom
02-17-2008, 09:06 AM
You don't know me very well, but I wanted to add my prayers too. I have been in the same spot and it is hard to pull yourself out of it.
I am so glad you're feeling better today.

Crystal

Rachel
02-17-2008, 11:24 AM
If I was sucha a good person than my husband wouldn't be saying bad things about me. My son would be here supporting me..

No, Robin, that's NOT TRUE. What your husband is saying/doing is because of the type of person he is. You thought he was one thing and it turned out he was not. You know in your heart that you do not deserve the type of things he is apparently dishing out. Once you come to accept that you are not the bad guy here, you will feel a relief to be out of a partnership that is destructive. Please don't help him in his attempts to put you down.

Living well is the best revenge and you have the capacity for a good life, but only if you want it. I hope that you can want it as badly for yourself as so many of us here want it for you.

Your son is young and has not had enough of life's experiences to understand your needs. Maybe he has not been able to completely understand and meet his own needs and all this is overwhelming for him.

ramanth
02-17-2008, 01:51 PM
Many loving hugs and prayers for you Robin.

What Staci said is quoted for truth. LIVE to spite them. LIVE because WE love you. LIVE because your girls love you and NEED you.

*HUGS*

Cinder & Smoke
02-17-2008, 03:20 PM
4:00 PM Sunday ...

Robin is watching the Daytona 500 (wrog guy leading :p ) and
still has Norma for company.

She sounded pretty *chipper*!

Catty1
02-17-2008, 04:00 PM
YAAY! Glad you are feeling chipper, Robin. Keep it up - could get to be a habit! ;) :D

shais_mom
02-17-2008, 04:03 PM
Staci,

This post has really touched me. I am printing it out and putting it on my fridge. Thanks for the daily reminder. ;) Love ya!
MAJOR LES now.
love ya too!

robinh
02-17-2008, 06:21 PM
I don't post often, but I had to let you know I am thinking of you and praying for you every day.

Years ago, my ex-husband did the same thing to me. It took a long time and quite a bit of therapy for me to understand that the only way he could feel better was to make me feel worse. I remember finally understanding that I couldn't do day to day coping - sometimes I had to do minute to minute. I repeated it over and over, "I'm OK right now and I'm working on being OK for the next minute."

At that time, he had separated me from all my friends and I felt so alone. Please know that there are many people here that are praying for you and are willing to talk anytime you need a friend. You are NOT alone. You need only reach out and someone will reach back.

Many hugs go to you and the furkids.

Robin

Christiansmommy
02-17-2008, 06:53 PM
Sweet Robin, who by the way, has the best name on earth ;)

I think more people than would let on, have been thru very similar situations to what you are having to go through...and they were doing it alone. You have such an outlet of people here that I REALLY FEEL legitimately care and love you, really!!! My hear aches for you. My prayers go out to you.

Why in the world people have the power and ability to hurt other people is beyond me...it makes me angry to know that you are hurting because someone made some pretty bad choices and you're being affected by them. Well, you are so much better than that, such an important lady!! Look into those beautiful green eyes that you have and know that the face looking back at you is LOVED and prayed for by many many people. I know you might think, yeah right, you are not in my situation, but you will get thru this. One day, you are going to look BACK at this....YOU WILL LOOK BACK AT THIS!

Life can get real dark and thoughts that overwhelm us can haunt us when we want most to not think about them, I know...that's when you can call or email one of us. You have to at times like those....I know in my past, and hard trying times in my life, that I have gone thru...if it were not for my family and friends to talk to, to cry to, I wouldn't have made it thru those times. I think that is why God gave us shoulders :p ....really....when you can't stand on your own, it's time for you to lean on someone else and rest that weary head on someones shoulders...please know that your life is WAY too precious!!!! You can get through this,I know you can. (((HUGS))) girl.

Here is my shoulder if you need it.... :)

Love,
Robyn

Daisy and Delilah
02-17-2008, 07:06 PM
Robin,

Staci's post is right on. It says it all so well. I'm so glad you're putting it on the fridge. Read it over and over.

You're acting as if you're not worth it because of other toxic people in your life. This is where you're wrong.......you are so worth it!!! I hope and pray you stay cheerful and are able to pull yourself out of this. YOU ARE THE BETTER PERSON HERE!!!! - BELIEVE IT!!! There is a better life out there for you. Leave the toxicity behind and stay with people that know what a wonderful lady you are. Break away, you deserve to have a better life!!

I've also been there, done that. I told you about it in PM several months ago. Please PM me if I can do anything. {{{{{GIANT HUGS}}}}}

Love, Terry

luvofallhorses
02-17-2008, 08:04 PM
please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, Robin. ((((HUGS)))) we love you!

dukedogsmom
02-17-2008, 08:23 PM
Sending some Florida sunshine your way.

micki76
02-17-2008, 10:46 PM
Years ago, my ex-husband did the same thing to me. It took a long time and quite a bit of therapy for me to understand that the only way he could feel better was to make me feel worse. I remember finally understanding that I couldn't do day to day coping - sometimes I had to do minute to minute. I repeated it over and over, "I'm OK right now and I'm working on being OK for the next minute."

Exactly! I hope I never let anyone have that much power over my happiness again. Having said that, it was a dark place and hard to pull myself out of it. One day I woke up and it was like something smacked me in the head and I thought, "No more." That very day I started telling myself that I was a good person and that I could do anything I set my mind to. Positive reinforcement works. Tell yourself you're the best you that you can be, even if you don't believe it. You will.

Lobodeb
02-18-2008, 12:25 AM
Robin, I'm so sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. I know I don't come around much anymore but I think about PT and my favorite PTers (one of them is you!) all the time.

I know we don't know each other very well and I'm not familiar with your situation to give you many words of encouragement, but I do hope you find the right medications to give you the boost you need to get back on the road to recovery. God doesn't give you what you can't handle. And if He brought you to it, He'll bring you through it. That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.

Keep your chin up, girl!

XOXOX

Pam
02-18-2008, 07:41 AM
I think that is why God gave us shoulders :p ....really....when you can't stand on your own, it's time for you to lean on someone else and rest that weary head on someones shoulders...please know that your life is WAY too precious!!!! You can get through this,I know you can. (((HUGS))) girl.

Here is my shoulder if you need it.... :)

Love,
Robyn

Robin I really liked what Robyn said. Our pastor recently preached a sermon and it dealt with "wounded healers." A wounded healer is someone who has gone through a dark time or trial in their lives and has made their way to the other side. We are often put in these situations so that we may be of help to others and offer them encouragement at just the right time. I see many wounded healers right here in our own Pet Talk family. I would like to offer you my shoulder right along with Robyn's and everyone else's. We love you Robin and just know that you will come out of this stronger and someday might even be used to help someone else.

(((((((hugs)))))))

shais_mom
02-18-2008, 02:31 PM
I chatted with Robin today - for about 15 minutes. She sounded ok. She laughed at my silliness (long story). She was on her way to an appt with her therapist.

Pawsitive Thinking
02-18-2008, 04:46 PM
That's good to see. This thread has been playing on my mind all day and I wanted to check in before heading for bed.

Keep smiling Robin - it will come good :D

RobiLee
02-18-2008, 04:55 PM
Let me tell you there has been nothing to smile about here. I absolutely just can't stand another minute. It has been phone games all day. I have been behaving terribly right along with the rest of my family. I've been up all night and worked myself up into a rage. By morning I was sitting in my son's driveway and my dad told him to call the sheriff on me. Really nice getting a phone from the sheriffs office. So since they wanted to play that way I decided to press charges against Brandon for when he dragged me into his house and hit me several months ago. Things have just gotten worse. Now he has informed me that he wants his furniture back, so I guess I will take it outside and let it sit in the rain. Therapy session didn't go well because at this point what else do I have to say. I have the worst headache ever and a nasty cough. Does anyone understand why I absolutely can't stand my life and wish I were dead? I mean what is the point. I'm trying to hang in there but it hurts when your son and husband think you are just a piece of sh*t. Oh wait that isn't what they said. They said I was a "pyscho b*tch". Then when I find out that it is my FATHER who told Brandon to call the sheriff boy talk about being hurt. When Brandon hit me I should have presses charges right then but I didn't because daddy dearest didn't want the family to be embarrassed.

Yep, my motto is....Die Bitch Die!

Pawsitive Thinking
02-18-2008, 04:59 PM
Yep, my motto is....Die Bitch Die!

Sweetheart, I don't know what to say to make things better for you. I do understand why you feel like you do but without stating the bleedin' obvious, death is permanent - you can't change your mind or watch the reactions of your non-loved ones.

Please, please call one of the PTers who have offered their shoulders right now!

RobiLee
02-18-2008, 05:01 PM
I'll be alright. I'm heading off to bed now. I have this awful headache and I've been awake since 1:30am. I just needed to vent.

Thanks for listening.

Pawsitive Thinking
02-18-2008, 05:05 PM
Try to get some sleep - can't promise that things will be any better in the morning but you have a hell of a lot of people who care about you. Check in tomorrow if you can, or just give one of us a call ok???

dukedogsmom
02-18-2008, 05:13 PM
I wish there was some magical thing we could do to make it all better. Don't think it can't get worse. That will hinder any help you're seeking. You've got to find some hope, no matter how small, and hang onto it for dear life. Lean on Anna. She's close enough to help when we can't. Remember what I said about this taking a long time. You won't get better overnight but you must be open to healing and progressing. It's a huge adjustment and it won't be easy. Just live moment to moment and try not to think long term. Big PT hugs from all of us.

Alysser
02-18-2008, 05:16 PM
Robin, I'm sorry your day didn't go well. :( I really, really don't know what to say. I want to make you feel better but I can't find the words. I just wish your life would get back in order. ((hugs)) to you.

Cinder & Smoke
02-18-2008, 05:31 PM
6:15 pm - I just called and talked to #1 Son Brandon ...

He said Robin didn't really want to talk , so I bent HIS ear.

I gave him some of our contact numbers, and also asked HIM to call the
local "Help Hotline" folks and introduce himself.

We never talked about "the furniture" - he mentioned he wasn't sure what had Robin upset.

He assured me THEY (the Family) were dong everything they could to improve the situation.

Hope Robin gets some needed rest.

joycenalex
02-18-2008, 05:40 PM
phred, you're a good friend. thank you for letting us know. prayers for robin, and i hope she sleeps well, deep and long

slick
02-18-2008, 06:01 PM
So sad, such as very sad situation.:( God I wish I could help you out in some small way. All I can do is offer up more prayers.

Robin, lack of sleep can reek havoc on one's body and one's attitude and temperment. Rest as much as you can sweetie.

Phred and Stace - thanks for keeping us updated. Has anyone heard from Anna??? How is she coping?

Kfamr
02-18-2008, 07:22 PM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/pic4robin.jpg

Catty1
02-18-2008, 08:47 PM
Robin - just vent here whenever you need to.

That's horrid that the Sheriff was called on you. I hope your dad and son learn about other ways to help so they don't resort to desperate measures and name-calling.

{{{HUGS}}} to you.

THANK YOU Phred and Staci for the updates.

Did #1 son sound like he was going to introduce himself to the other options???

Robin - you have taken a couple of good steps forward, and then it seems like a fall back - but the forward will overtake the backwards stuff, believe me.

Hope you had a good sleep. HUGS!

cyber-sibes
02-18-2008, 09:29 PM
I'll be alright. Hold that thought! It is a TRUTH that will help you pull through all this craziness. It's always darkest before the dawn. :) Still praying for you, darlin'.

beeniesmom
02-18-2008, 09:39 PM
more good thoughts coming your way

Pembroke_Corgi
02-18-2008, 09:57 PM
More good thoughts on their way from Colorado. I've been thinking about you a lot lately and hoping your situation gets better.

Daisy and Delilah
02-18-2008, 11:32 PM
Along with everyone else, I am worried sick about you, Robin. Who wouldn't think a person could get so upset and worried about a person they've never met? Believe me, that's exactly how I feel right now. I'm looking forward to hearing good news soon. Hang in there please, honey!! We love you and we're here for you. :(

Lobodeb
02-18-2008, 11:39 PM
Oh, Robin. I don't have anything to say that will take your pain away, or that will solve your problems but it's not for lack of want, that's for darn sure.

I don't know if you remember this, but my father and uncle both committed suicide within 2 years of each other. I am, to this day still going to therapy trying to cope with their deaths. I can totally understand that you're in pain, both physically and mentally, but it will get better. Please let your medication kick in. It seems terribly cruel that it takes so long for you to feel better, but you will. I know it's hard to think of your family when your hurting the way you are, but they love you. If you were to hurt yourself permanently (I don't want to use the "s" word again), your family would be devastated. And that's putting it lightly. They love you and only want to see you get well.

Secondly, again, easier said than done, but try not to react out of emotion. When you work yourself into a rage (which I'm sure we all do), try not to act on it. Count to 100, take deep breaths, hug the doggies, etc., just to get your mind off the rage for the moment. If you still feel the need to act after all that, then at least you know that you are either more calm, or at least thinking more clearly. I know I'm terribly emotional and can say/do very stupid things when I don't stop and think first.

I'm no therapist, by any stretch of the imagination. I am just a survivor of what my father and uncle have left us to deal with. It hurts and it hurts bad. Please take GOOD care of yourself. Vent here as often as you need to. You know we're here for you!

luvofallhorses
02-18-2008, 11:54 PM
((((HUGS))))) Robin, I truly hope things start looking up for you soon and they will - I promise. hang in there - we love you. :)

RobiLee
02-19-2008, 03:48 AM
I SLEPT!!

I fell asleep right before Brandon left and I just woke up a little bit ago. I feel as if I could go right back to sleep also. I still have a killer headache. I have an appt. with my lawyer today at 3:15. I hope it goes well but I'm not looking for much to happen.

I also want to add that my family loves me and are trying very hard to help me. They may not always do the right thing but my therapist told me yesterday that it is very hard to know what to do and how to deal with a loved one that is suffering so deeply and is dealing with a mental illness. I also want to let you all know that I have not been the easiest person to be around. I am full of rage and it manifests itself in such an awful way. In the past 1 1/2 years I have not been able to get angry and my therapist seems to think that it is coming out in a big way now. Not exactly in a positive way either.

I have lots of people who love me and want to see me win this battle. When my son left he gave me a huge hug and begged me to fight hard and to get better. He told me to do it for him because he wants his mother back.

This is not an easy thing for me. I am trying so hard to hang on each and every day. I have so many people who care about me. I read through this thread every day so that I can remind myself that people care about me. I also know that I want to stay around for my parents, my son, my best friend Anna (definitely want to prove that girl wrong and let her know that I'm not ever going to leave her ;)) and my wonderful friends Norma and Linda. You guys have been so great to check in every day and let me know that you are thinking of me. It is hard to find the strength to not give in each day.

When Brandon hugged me before he left we were both wishing that our family could somehow come back together. It is just as hard on him as it is for me. I wish that asshole knew the pain that he has caused for both me and his son. He is selfish though and doesn't care about us. That is something that I have to learn and give up on.

Thanks for letting me ramble on again. Thanks for all the support. I think I will try to catch a few more winks of sleep.

{{{HUGS}}}

RobiLee
02-19-2008, 03:59 AM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/pic4robin.jpg

Awww, I love you so much Katie Girl!

Thanks, Kay!

{{HUGS}}

RobiLee
02-19-2008, 04:00 AM
Awww, I love you so much Katie Girl!

Thanks, Kay!

{{HUGS}}

LOL...Katie girl, I look at this picture and all I can think is that your white coat is looking so dingy and you and your little sister are in desperate need of a bath...LOL

RobiLee
02-19-2008, 04:05 AM
I need to take pictures of my 3 new pups that Phred, Amy and Jess got me...LOL. I love them!

Phred got me a cute little gray and white husky with blue eyes that I call Smokey ;)

Amy got me a red and white husky with blue eyes that I can't seem to come up with a permanent name for. I seem to keep calling him Shermbo for Sherman and Nebo, but that just doesn't really sound right. Any suggestions?

AND Jess found me a gorgeous stuffed Akita! I have never seen a stuffed Akita before. She is so cute and I call her Little Kate.

I will try to get pictures of them all for you to see!

Pawsitive Thinking
02-19-2008, 04:16 AM
He is selfish though and doesn't care about us.

Not worth another thought then is he? Its YOU and your son that are important.

Glad you managed to get some sleep sweetie

chocolatepuppy
02-19-2008, 04:59 AM
Still keeping you close in my prayers Robin. {{{hugs}}}

Ginger's Mom
02-19-2008, 05:53 AM
Robin, {{{Hugs}}}. I had LES reading your posts this morning. First, I am glad to hear that you have gotten a good night's sleep. I know how lack of sleep can effect our emotional and physical well-being. I was also very pleased to see that you came back every time you thought of something else to add. :) That is the way it should be. There are many of us waiting to have any kind of conversation with you that you want to have. We are here, let's talk. It sounds like you are getting quite a lovely collection of pups there, I can't wait to see pictures (I have never seen a stuffed Akita, either).

Pam
02-19-2008, 06:12 AM
Robin I went to bed last night thinking about you and praying for you. When I saw your posts this morning I just wanted to say a big Thank You to God. I know that none of us are in your shoes. It is your battle to fight, but we are right alongside you every step of the way.

I love this from Brody's Mum
Not worth another thought then is he? Its YOU and your son that are important.

That is it in a nutshell! Your son and your father are family and family love runs deep. It may seem at times that those close to us, like our families, are not "getting it" when we are going through things but they really are and it is often just not knowing the right words to say and when to say them or being too emotionally involved in the situation to act reasonably. Robin, just cling to those who really love you (and that includes us!) and let that sorry piece of a man fade from your mind. He is not worth the brain cells required to think about him. You will be fine. I just know it!! Lots of love and ((((hugs)))) and prayers still going up for you my friend!

Vette
02-19-2008, 06:34 AM
I havent been around Pet Talk much for beans here lately an had no idea of this thread. just wanted to give you a few hugs or two. sorry that theyre a wee bit late.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/VettesPetz/Smiles/hug.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/VettesPetz/Smiles/hug.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/VettesPetz/Smiles/hug.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/VettesPetz/Smiles/hug.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/VettesPetz/Smiles/hug.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/VettesPetz/Smiles/hug.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/VettesPetz/Smiles/hug.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/VettesPetz/Smiles/hug.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/VettesPetz/Smiles/hug.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/VettesPetz/Smiles/hug.gif

anna_66
02-19-2008, 06:44 AM
Hey sweetie, sorry I didn't get a chance to talk to you yesterday (worked all day) By the time I got home & Mark told me about your latest news it was too late to call since I figured you went to bed early.

I'm glad to hear that you got yourself some sleep, you needed it.

And to hear that Brandon hugged you and said what he did, I know that made you feel really good. I told you he's having just as hard of a time with this as you are and that he really does love you:)
Now remember, you just have to work on getting yourself better and getting his mom back;)

I hope the visit to the lawyer goes well and he can get something done. Tell him to get his a@$ on the ball and get this divorce over with!

I'll give you a call later this evening after I get off work.

I LOVE you girlfriend (((HUGS)))
Your best friend
Anna

RobiLee
02-19-2008, 07:04 AM
Here they are! Aren't they gorgeous?!

This is Smokey a gift from Phred. This little guy was a fav with an elderly patient at the hospital. She would hold and pet him all day. I was a bit worried I wouldn't get him back..lol
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/Robilee/IMG_1302.jpg

This is Sherbert a gift from Amy. I called him Sherbo at first for Sherman and Nebo but then Sherbert hit me and I liked that name. Sherbert sat on the ledge of the nurses' station for everyone to see. The elderly patient also fell in love with him and wanted to pet him too but he had to sit in the window because of his gorgeous collar. You never know we might be able to figure out how to strangle ourselves with Sherbert's collar :rolleyes: . I keep thinking about taking the collar off to see if it will fit on Tori ;). She would just get it all messy though.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/Robilee/IMG_1305.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/Robilee/IMG_1308.jpg

This is Little Kate a gift from Jess. Isn't she adorable?! I have never come across a stuffed akita before and was thrilled when I received this little girl.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/Robilee/IMG_1311.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/Robilee/IMG_1299.jpg

Nothin' Butt Akita..LOL
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/Robilee/IMG_1301.jpg

Thanks for letting me share my new pups with you all!

Cincy'sMom
02-19-2008, 07:36 AM
Glad you are feeling better today Robin and that you had a good moment with your son last night. Hearing him say he needed you has to go a long way.

Hope everything goes well with the lawyer this afternoon. We'll be praying for you!

K9soul
02-19-2008, 08:20 AM
I love your puppies! :D When I was a little girl and before my mom could afford to get me a real dog, my stuffed dogs were my best friends. I'd hug them every time I felt lonely or afraid. I still just love them to this day :). I hope they help you when you are feeling low to remember how cherished you are. I'm so filled with joy at your positive posts today. I have now started my day feeling SO happy! Love you dear friend!

anna_66
02-19-2008, 08:32 AM
Oh Robin they are so cute! Hehe, I love the first one...looks like he has a little mustache:D
I'm sure you just love that Amy found a red husky!
And wow! That Akita is beautiful! I didn't know it was so big!

Sure you can handle two sets of your dogs +1?!
Great gifts!

Pawsitive Thinking
02-19-2008, 08:36 AM
Aren't they lovely?? cuddly reminders of how much people care

Daisy and Delilah
02-19-2008, 10:07 AM
I'm so glad you got some sleep, Robin. You sound so much better. Kick that &%$#(@!~+ out of your life forever!! He'll get back what he's given out some day and it will be multiplied times four!! Your days of smiling and happiness are right around the corner. Rise above him, beautiful lady!!! You can do it!!
{{{{{{MORE HUGS}}}}}}

I love the stuffies :D

slick
02-19-2008, 10:33 AM
Robin:
Reading through your posts, I can hear your delightful accent. ;) It really is good to see you posting and letting us know how you are doing. Very glad you got some much-needed sleep.

My goodness how can one not smile when in the company of those sweet pups. Wonderful gifts and and they do have a very high "huggability" quality to them.;)

You know, when I was driving home last night Josh Grobin's song came on the radio...."You are loved" and all I could think of was you. You are loved Robin and I'm glad that you recognize that. Hold on to that thought and let it bring your warmth when you are cold.

I have to run off to W-U-R-K now but will be checking this thread frequently.

Tuesday morning {{{hugs}}} to you
slick xoxo

RobiLee
02-19-2008, 12:42 PM
Ok Everyone! I need all the positive thoughts and prayers that you can spare. I am going to see my lawyer today at 3:15. I am scared to death. I looked online earlier today and Alden has beat me to the punch and has already filed for divorce and a restraining order. I have not been served yet. I hope it doesn't make a difference who files first. I'm sure not a lot will get accomplished today but please pray that things go well. I am so afraid of losing my home.

I am fighting for everything I can get. I want to make this man hurt. I feel he deserves that kind of pain. I am unemployed and have no income coming in at this moment. I have been denied unemployment (I'm appealing) and Alden has also stopped giving me money. My husband makes 26 bucks an hour and his little sl*t makes almost as much as he does. He lives with her so I doubt that his monthly bills are very much. They have also been enjoying nice little vacations while I am suffering. I am not trying to be greedy. I just want what I am due and I feel I am due a nice hefty spousal support,my house, my car, health insurance, half his pension, half his 401k. Everything I can get...lol. I want it all! He has already hidden away his motorcycle. Not for sure if he sold it or put it in her name. I'm not for sure if he can get away with that. He also has my W2 form and I'm worried about the tax refund. I'm sorry I'm carrying on. I just want all those prayers that you all believe in so much. I have to be honest and say that I have lost faith in prayer. So if you are like me than send out those positive thoughts and vibes!!!!

Thanks everyone!

Pam
02-19-2008, 12:53 PM
I just want what I am due and I feel I am due a nice hefty spousal support,my house, my car, health insurance, half his pension, half his 401k. Everything I can get...lol. I want it all!

And boy do we want you to get it all!! I don't know how the legal system works in your state, or any other state for that matter, but I am hoping that it will work in your favor. Maybe a quick chat with Johanna might help before you go so that you know what to expect.

Don't worry about the prayers - we will pick up the slack! The unknown is always a little scary, so it is natural to feel a little scared. I hope that at the end of the meeting things will look good!! ;)

Catty1
02-19-2008, 01:01 PM
Robilee - your post had me logging in at work (me bad! lol). I'll add to all the PT Prayers for you, and you put some faith in your lawyer.

I am sure he/she has seen all the tricks exes can pull. And your medical people sound good; if you need any documentation from them, that will REALLY help.

HUGS and it will all work out the way it should!

You have guts, girl - you are having some health issues and yet you are going into that office to create a team that will slay the dragon! :D

More {{{{HUGS}}}}

RobiLee
02-19-2008, 01:21 PM
SLAY THE DRAGON!....lol

I like that one :)

slick
02-19-2008, 01:30 PM
More prayers from me that things go well.

{{{hugs}}}

Logan
02-19-2008, 01:38 PM
I'm going to hold you in my thoughts and prayers this afternoon as you go to your attorney. If your attorney isn't tough enough, find another one, Robin. You're going to need someone who is firmly in your court. Be mad, but be smart, and let your attorney take all the action on your behalf. So many of us have been where you are and can't advise you, legally, but we can sure be out here praying for you and supporting you in spirit.

Slay that dragon!!!!! :p

Logan

Kfamr
02-19-2008, 01:54 PM
Please let us know how it goes - keeping you in my thoughts as always.

The Muttlies wanted me to give this to you...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVk32Cee3TY

Cincy'sMom
02-19-2008, 02:33 PM
Hope things are going well at the lawyer's office

slick
02-19-2008, 03:03 PM
According to my time zone it's 4pm there. Gosh I hope she's OK. Robin, please check back when you return home.

Rachel
02-19-2008, 03:05 PM
I'm going to hold you in my thoughts and prayers this afternoon as you go to your attorney. If your attorney isn't tough enough, find another one, Robin. You're going to need someone who is firmly in your court. Be mad, but be smart, and let your attorney take all the action on your behalf. So many of us have been where you are and can't advise you, legally, but we can sure be out here praying for you and supporting you in spirit.

Slay that dragon!!!!! :p

Logan

I couldn't agree more. You are going to need an attorney who is willing to advocate for your interests. Unfortunately there are those who'd rather be pals with the representatives of the other side. You'll know soon enough if yours is one you can count on. Remember though, you are a partner in this battle and there are words and actions (done in the heat of anger) that could be counter productive to your case. You need to keep your focus on the achieving your goal of getting what you deserve.

shais_mom
02-19-2008, 05:03 PM
I read thru the remaining replies to make sure what was going on.
You are still in my thoughts and prayers Robin.
*hugs*
I hope you were able to get the info from your lawyer about him taking your W2's. ggrrr
I was also glad to read your post from this morning. I hope the day wasn't too horrible and stressful...
*hugs*

dukedogsmom
02-19-2008, 05:31 PM
Very glad to hear that you had a good meeting with your son. I hope things went well with the lawyer. And Dasher wants to share his Valentine cookie with you.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/021408_3.jpg

Kfamr
02-19-2008, 06:05 PM
Hey Robin, wondering how it went today at your lawyer? Please update ASAP! :)

RobiLee
02-19-2008, 06:31 PM

Kay and The Muttlies,

Thank you so much. I love the video and you know that I was singing right along with it. Not as loud as usual though...lol...I have a sore throat and cough.

Thank you,thank you, thank you!!!! :D

RobiLee
02-19-2008, 06:34 PM
Very glad to hear that you had a good meeting with your son. I hope things went well with the lawyer. And Dasher wants to share his Valentine cookie with you.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/021408_3.jpg

Dasher sweetie, I would love to share your Valentine Cookie. It looks so yummy. We might just have to fight over who gets the bigger piece ;). I have a feeling you have already eaten the whole thing though. It looks so good that I don't blame you for eating it all :p .

Thanks for the ray of sunshine!

Kfamr
02-19-2008, 07:15 PM
Kay and The Muttlies,

Thank you so much. I love the video and you know that I was singing right along with it. Not as loud as usual though...lol...I have a sore throat and cough.

Thank you,thank you, thank you!!!! :D

I'm glad you enjoyed it, Robin. :)

Everytime I hear that song or one of "our songs" I'm reminded of us wailing them out in the car... you know which ones. :p

Christiansmommy
02-19-2008, 07:27 PM

Kay, if that was not the sweetest video ever, I don't know what is!! I LOVED it!

Thanks for making that for Robin, so we could enjoy it as well!

Robin, I hope things went well today for you. I have been praying off and on all day for you...and don't worry if you have lost faith in prayer...there are plenty of people praying FOR YOU!!

(((HUGS))) from one Roby(i)n to another! ;)

RobiLee
02-19-2008, 07:48 PM
Hi everyone! Sorry that it has taken awhile for me to check in. After my appt. my parents took me to the Olive Garden for some yummy food and then I came home and yakked with Anna for awhile.

Now Slick I want you to know that I am saying all of this in my deepest south central Ohio accent ;).

Well, I feel like my appt. with the lawyer went pretty well. I have already met with him several times and each time he seems to get tougher and tougher. My parents went with me this time and they seem to like him also. I went with this lawyer because I hear he is one of the best. I hope so because I am paying him a crap load of money..uhhh, i guess I should say my parents are paying him a crap load of money. I am going to be so in debt to my parents. Geesh! I get the feeling that he doesn't think much of Alden's lawyer. He makes it sound like she is slow and not quite on top of things so I hope that is to my advantage. I pretty much told him what I told you guys. "I want everything. I want to make that man hurt". He said he doubted I would get "everything" but that he would fight hard to get me everything he could. He seems to think I have a pretty good case. I told him everything. All about how this has sent me into a deep depression and mental illness and all my stays in the hospital. I was really worried that all of my hospital stays would hurt me but he doesn't seem to think so. Hmmm, I can't think of much else right now. I have a cold, sore throat and bad cough and feel like I'm in a big fog right now. Oh, I do have to fill out another form because we felt like I was making my monthly expenses to cheap and he wants me to include everything I can think of. Like having my hair done, or my nails or massages a memebership to the gym. All of those misc. expenses that you never think about. Including dog food and vet care. Ohhh, and my medical bills! Gotta try to get that man to pay for everything!

SLAY THE DRAGON!!!!!!

(Sorry the update took so long I had a phone call while I was trying to type this.)

Once again my dear Pet Talk friends thank you so much for all of your support!

Ohhh, I have to add that I have made it through the entired day without having a fit of rage. This is a very big deal for me. I told Anna earlier that I better hurrry up and get to bed because all it takes is one little thing to set me off and I'm gone and completely out of my mind. My therapist thinks that since I have not been able to get really angry through the past year and a half that it is manifesting and coming out in a very bad way. Gotta try to take care of that problem.

Ok, I've chatted enough. Love you all!

One more thing! I know my parents check in and read this once in awhile and I just want to let them know that I love them dearly and I'm so sorry for all of my behavior and all the pain that I have caused them. It has not been easy for my parents to watch me go through this and for them to deal with me. I don't think there is enough words to express how sorry I am for all the pain that I have caused them and I'm sure that I will probably freak out again at sometime. I will try my hardest to keep my head on straight. I LOVE YOU MOM AND DAD!!!!

K9soul
02-19-2008, 07:54 PM
Well I have to say, that post gives me major LES, in a good way. Robin I'm so proud of you. Remember how proud of me you were when I got up the courage to ask my neighbor for help awhile back? Now I feel just as proud of you for all you have accomplished today. Love you, and I pray you are blessed with another night's good rest. You are in my constant prayers.

dukedogsmom
02-19-2008, 07:55 PM
Robin, it sounds really good! I'm glad you've got a super attorney. Do be careful what you say here, though. I don't want the other attorney to be able to use what you say here against you. I'm so glad you've got supportive parents. And you've made big progress in going all day without having rage :) I'm glad your day ended so well, with the Olive Garden.

Kfamr
02-19-2008, 08:00 PM
Go Robin, Go Robin, Go Robin!!!
(I am saying that in my best Linda: Go Pat! impersonation."

:D :D

Ginger's Mom
02-19-2008, 08:01 PM
He said he doubted I would get "everything" but that he would fight hard to get me everything he could.
The perfect answer, and all that you can really ask from him. I am glad to hear that you have faith in your attorney, it will make the process a little easier. Get some sleep, I hope you will continue to feel better every day. More prayers and hugs headed your way.

Christiansmommy
02-19-2008, 08:04 PM
Great to hear that you have had a better day! Glad your parents went with you to the appt. too, it's always good to have that extra support! Since your folks occasionally read this...do you think Alden does too? I don't know if it would matter much...but it was just a thought....

Anyway, hugs again from me...and Harlee has something to add too:
(BTW, this is the best I could do, Swissies are too goofy to learn how to "pose" properly!!) LOL!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c400/my_harlee_girl/DSCN0622.jpg

Christiansmommy
02-19-2008, 08:14 PM
OK, well apparently Harlee wanted me to really let you get the full effect of a REAL Swissie KISS!! So this one is for YOU, Robin!!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c400/my_harlee_girl/DSCN0617.jpg

With LOTS of love,

Harlee

Catty1
02-19-2008, 08:15 PM
http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/mba/lowres/mban1475l.jpg

http://www.hagencartoons.com/cartoon411.gif

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:EvpIQDc2WGM07M:http://www.dreamstime.com/dragon-cartoon---sleeping-thumb3339638.jpg

RobiLee
02-19-2008, 08:17 PM
Great to hear that you have had a better day! Glad your parents went with you to the appt. too, it's always good to have that extra support! Since your folks occasionally read this...do you think Alden does too? I don't know if it would matter much...but it was just a thought....

Anyway, hugs again from me...and Harlee has something to add too:
(BTW, this is the best I could do, Swissies are too goofy to learn how to "pose" properly!!) LOL!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c400/my_harlee_girl/DSCN0622.jpg

OMG!! What a perfect ending to my day! Oh how I love that swissie girl, Robyn. Big hugs and kisses coming your way, Harlee!!!

Val and Robyn, you have a very good point and I was just thinking about that and how I better watch what I say on here. Alden could easily look this up and see what is going on. I will be keeping my lawyer talk to a minimum on here from now on so if anyone has any questions about that kind of info you can always pm me.

slick
02-19-2008, 08:17 PM
Ah yes, that wonderful southern accent came through loud and clear! :D ;)

Well, it certainly sounds like this day has ended on a happy note or two - for you and all of us here. How wonderful that your lawyer is so supportive.

Kay, I loved that video and for all of you who have cooperative doggies...when I get home I'll try and get my Maxie cat to pose with a sign. Yeah, right!! What am I thinking. Get real, Slick! :rolleyes:

Robin, rest well sweetheart and as you drift off to sleep, feel the hugs, love and sloppy kisses from each and every one of us. I'll check in tomorrow.

PS: I think you should put "SLAY THE DRAGON" in your signature somewhere....;)

RobiLee
02-19-2008, 08:20 PM
OK, well apparently Harlee wanted me to really let you get the full effect of a REAL Swissie KISS!! So this one is for YOU, Robin!!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c400/my_harlee_girl/DSCN0617.jpg

With LOTS of love,

Harlee

My Oh MY! Harlee you are really putting a huge smile on my face. I am sending you a sloppy Robilee kiss right back at ya ;). I sure do wish your mommy would let me have you for just a little while. I absolutely adore you!

RobiLee
02-19-2008, 08:23 PM
Go Robin, Go Robin, Go Robin!!!
(I am saying that in my best Linda: Go Pat! impersonation."

:D :D

Too funny, Kay! I'm going to have to let Linda know about this one. She also use to leave me voice messages saying "Keep it up, keep it up, keep that angry spirit up!" She has now changed the angry to a different word. I think she said HAPPY. I can't remember..lol. I'll have to wait and hear it when she chants it again. She doesn't want anymore angry rage coming out...lol.

Christiansmommy
02-19-2008, 08:24 PM
My Oh MY! Harlee you are really putting a huge smile on my face. I am sending you a sloppy Robilee kiss right back at ya ;). I sure do wish your mommy would let me have you for just a little while. I absolutely adore you!

We WILL have to make a road trip at some point in the future so we can all meet!! I know Harlee and I would LOVE that!! If you ever find yourself in Maryland, you are welcome to stop by and dog sit!! :) And visit with me too, of course!! Have a good night Robin...hope you can sleep well tonight. :)

RobiLee
02-19-2008, 08:25 PM
Well I have to say, that post gives me major LES, in a good way. Robin I'm so proud of you. Remember how proud of me you were when I got up the courage to ask my neighbor for help awhile back? Now I feel just as proud of you for all you have accomplished today. Love you, and I pray you are blessed with another night's good rest. You are in my constant prayers.

Yep, I most certainly do remember Jess. You did so good! I'll try to keep making you proud. Now all I have to say is.....STOP IT!!!!

:p ;) :D

RobiLee
02-19-2008, 08:31 PM
Ah yes, that wonderful southern accent came through loud and clear! :D ;)

PS: I think you should put "SLAY THE DRAGON" in your signature somewhere....;)

Ohhh, I think you are right slick! That would be a good thing to add to my siggy!

Ok, I'm off for the night. Gonna watch American Idol and then catch some much more needed Zzzzzz's. If I'm feeling well enough I think I'm going to go visit Anna tomorrow. She asked me what I wanted for dinner. What do you all think I should have her fix for me? :) :p ;)

{{{HUGS TO ALL}}}}}

cyber-sibes
02-19-2008, 08:39 PM
Amy got me a red and white husky with blue eyes that I can't seem to come up with a permanent name for. I seem to keep calling him Shermbo for Sherman and Nebo, but that just doesn't really sound right. Any suggestions? :D How about Neman? (His fullname could be Nemon the Demon, fitting for a husky, don't you think? ;) )

Alysser
02-19-2008, 08:42 PM
I am really glad you had a good day. You really do sound MUCH happier and better! :D Good for you, you will get through this. Now, Jerry my hermit crab saw your posts and asked me if he could send you a message. He isn't any adorable dog but I hope he this can make you laugh a bit, he isn't the prettiest animal but I think he's cute :) Enjoy:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/bobbernut/Random%20stuff/Alyssapics004-1.jpg
He even used his size paper, a post-it. :p

cyber-sibes
02-19-2008, 08:43 PM
[QUOTE=RobiLee]This is Sherbert a gift from Amy. I called him Sherbo at first for Sherman and Nebo but then Sherbert hit me and I liked that name. Sherbert sat on the ledge of the nurses' station for everyone to see.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/Robilee/IMG_1305.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v154/Robilee/IMG_1308.jpg

Oh, I just went back a few pages & saw this! I like that, "Sherbert"! Just ignore my previous post.

Here is Star posing with the red "Shermie" husky JoJoe gave me this Christmas.... I think we own twins! (She's a little upset with me because I keep him up out of reach & she's not allowed to carry him around) Your Akita stuffie is wonderful! And, just the right size!

KYS
02-19-2008, 08:46 PM
Hi Robin,
Kick A_s, with your attorney.
"SLAY THE DRAGON and think like an ALPHA AKITA!"

ROcky has an eye on your AKita stuffy. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/kbursk/rockyhatsmall.jpg

Kfamr
02-19-2008, 09:07 PM
Too funny, Kay! I'm going to have to let Linda know about this one. She also use to leave me voice messages saying "Keep it up, keep it up, keep that angry spirit up!" She has now changed the angry to a different word. I think she said HAPPY. I can't remember..lol. I'll have to wait and hear it when she chants it again. She doesn't want anymore angry rage coming out...lol.

She is so funny! I still can hear her chanting... :p

Cincy'sMom
02-19-2008, 09:31 PM
Hope you get a good night's sleep tonight, Robin and have a fun day with Anna tomorrow! I would ask for Lasgana...ne dish I love, but is so much work to make for yourself! (of course, you may have had that at the Olive Garden...). Just make sure whatever youpick, it is "normal food"!

shais_mom
02-19-2008, 11:21 PM
have a good nite Robin and enjoy you're visit with Anna!

wolf_Q
02-19-2008, 11:24 PM
Sorry I haven't had a lot of time to post lately but I've been checking this thread. I'm always thinking of you and I hope you have a great time with Anna. Take pictures! :D

I'm glad you like the stuffed husky I sent, I'm going to have to get one for myself now too. :D The husky from Phred and the Akita from Jess are very cute...I've never seen a stuffed akita, and I looked too--where did you find that Jess?