PDA

View Full Version : my new little ring and my fingernails....

carole
02-06-2008, 06:18 PM
For those of you who do not remember i have been a nail biter for over 40 years, i am thrilled to announce no longer, i have grown my fingernails on and off for short periods, but they were so weak they broke and i started that awful habit yet again, but i feel confident enough to say never again, i think i have it beaten for good, and i am so happy, i was very embarrassed by the state of them.

The key for me was to use products that strengthen the nail, and yes they really work, i use an avon one, they are hard as rocks now,and when i get a little nick in them i file, no longer bite.

So i decided i could now face trying on some rings, i had some vouchers and money left over from my son, and girlfriend and parents from my 50th birthday and was just waiting until something i really liked turned up,and it did.

Sorry the ring is not that clear, it is a dainty synthetic ruby, two little hearts with a little diamond on each side in a twist, i love it.

Anyhow just had to share. :)

binka_nugget
02-06-2008, 06:23 PM
Beautiful ring and nails Carol! I'm going through something similar myself. I've been biting my nails for 20 years. My boyfriend promised me a ring by the summer. Gosh, I was so embarassed by my nails when I was trying on rings! :o It's a tough thing to get over! Congrats! :D

Moesha
02-06-2008, 06:26 PM
How long did it take you to give up the habit once you decided you were going to do it?

carole
02-06-2008, 06:34 PM
It has taken me two months to get my nails to this length, however the other hand is shorter, as i kinda kept nibbling away on them for a while, infact i kept two fingernails on the go, lol, but then i just stopped, there was no looking back once i started and saw the results, i do find it difficult typing on here though especially with the longest middle finger ,lol,now i am addicted to looking after them, isn't that what dr phil say's you end up replacing one addiction with another, as long as it is a good one, no problem,i have ordered a new nail polish, and i am going to get my nails done professionally one time, the first time ever in my life, just waiting till the right hand is longer.

The secret is, strength those nails when they start growing and file, file and file, when you get little nicks, good luck binka nugget, if i can do it, you can. :)

CountryWolf07
02-06-2008, 06:49 PM
I am a horrible nail biter.

I can't stop, so it's quite difficult for me to. I have been able to stop once in a while.. and actually have nails, but.. the only thing is.. I go back to that bad habit because I get nervous and I don't know what else to do.

I think I should get fake nails, though - they would help out for a while.

carole
02-07-2008, 03:46 AM
You know you CAN DO IT, it is mind over matter, and sheer determination, remember i have been doing this for over 40 yrs that is a long time to break a habit, but i am confident in saying i am pretty sure 99 per cent sure that i have beaten it this time, i honestly just don't want to do it anymore, and i guess that is what it takes, you really not wanting to do it anymore, i was disgusted that i bit my nails, and i was ashamed at how they looked, and i also am a very nervous person.

Just think positively about what you really want to do, and do it, good luck. :)

Just wanted to add i got so sick of having bleeding fingernails, i used to bite them so low that they would hurt and i would have to wear plasters, i am sure many of you can relate,infact looking at that pic i would bite them at least half way down that nail if not further,it sure is a bit of maintainence involved in keeping them looking good and i am useless at painting them, bit fustrating at times, i have to buy some speed dry nail polish lol, as i always ruin them, but it is worth the extra effort.

Killearn Kitties
02-07-2008, 03:47 AM
Good for you Carole! Your nails are looking very impressive and your ring is lovely! :D That was a really good thing to save the money for.

Pawsitive Thinking
02-07-2008, 04:25 AM
Well done!!

The ring is very pretty and your nails look wonderful.

Mine used to split all the time but Santa bought me a rechargeable manicure set for Christmas and even using it once a week has made a difference

Lilith Cherry
02-07-2008, 05:11 AM
Your nails look fabulous Carole and the ring is very pretty! I had never had a manicure until I came to China but now I get them quite frequently as its very inexpensive here. It is a wonderful feeling and makes your hands look and feel great. Enjoy it!