PDA

View Full Version : about horses.

Presley
08-16-2002, 05:37 PM
I posted about getting the foals from Alberta.. Well I would like to explain things a bit here...

In Southern Alberta there has been a 3 year drought, there is no feed for horses and cattle. Many farmers are giving up their farms and livestock as there is no food. They can hardly give the animals away because no one is willing to take them because everyone is in the same boat there.
We got in contact with a quarter horse breeder we know there and they offered these horses for a good price. Many people i know are going over there to help save these horses from many different farms.
Auction yards are no longer taking horses or cattle because so many people are giving them up.. It is really a sad state.
In fort MacMaury(not sure on spelling) there is over 20,000 horses waiting to be slaughtered and more coming everyday. It makes me ill to think this could be happening.

I feel for these farmers who are losing their livelihood. Hay prices have went through the roof and many can't afford to feed these animals.

I love horses and expecially the quarter horse breed. I can't afford to take as many as i wish i could but these two have been saved and i have passed on to many friends and another 15 horses will be saved due to word of mouth.

Melissa

Presley
08-16-2002, 05:38 PM
mine

slleipnir
08-16-2002, 09:58 PM
Wow, what gorgeous horses :] Your colt is precious. I love horses too, and rode a lot of QH's when I took lessons. Its nice of you to save the ones you do, I wish I could :]

delidog
08-16-2002, 10:24 PM
wow!! your babies are so beautiful!!!!!
how lucky you and they both are...
i didn't know about of the plight in alberta...how sad....is there anything that the government or the rspca can do????
i just feel terrible for them and the dear farmers that are trying so hard....i have spent so much time in that part of the country...it is stunning...but i know how a draught could effect it very easily.....
i wish them well.

and so glad that they have friends like you!!!
congratulations on your new accquisitions!!!!
start stocking up on the carrots!!!;) :) :D

anna_66
08-17-2002, 02:11 PM
Oh they are just beautiful! How I wish I could save even one of those poor horese:(
But I'm so glad you were able to!

Aspen and Misty
08-17-2002, 02:24 PM
you are so lucky! I've always wanted a horse!! Congradulations on the new additions!