PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #251 - Vote recount demanded

gini
02-06-2008, 03:56 PM
MARIO! MARIO! WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE BALLOTS FROM?

OH NO!

lvpets2002
02-06-2008, 04:05 PM
;) No No that was not me with those Ballots

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/41.gif

There they go = Up Up & AwaY = with the What :eek:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/10.gif

momoffuzzyfaces
02-06-2008, 04:40 PM
Well, I know one of them was not mine!!! Since I'm an Independent, Kansas won't let me vote in the primary election. picky picky picky

Can I have a cherry vanilla coke? Has Richard abandoned us????? Didn't I hear him promise to be a better bartender this year? Don't you wish I would stop with the questions? :D

Edwina's Secretary
02-06-2008, 07:02 PM
Well, I know one of them was not mine!!! Since I'm an Independent, Kansas won't let me vote in the primary election. picky picky picky

Makes you feel any better, MOFF, California used the excuse to keep me from voting...although...and this is a true story...I had a message from Scarlet Johanson(did I spell that right?) that, even though I am registered independent, I could still vote in the Dem primary....it was too late for me to get an absentee ballot...(I am out of town...)

In Illinois I could vote in any primary...any time...porbably as many times as I would have wanted to do so!

RedHedd
02-06-2008, 08:12 PM
Many polling places in my area actually ran out of ballots! Our tax dollars hard at work - not. The popular vote went opposite mine in every category!

Just an iced tea while I finish cooking Mitzi some chicken breasts (her favorite!) we share ;)

RICHARD
02-07-2008, 01:01 AM
Hey everyone.

Do not catch this flu.

I have been sick for 10 days. I thought I was going to die.

But hey- it's cheaper than Jenny Craig.

I'm making a pot of tea and pouring some bourbon shots...anyone?

Killearn Kitties
02-07-2008, 03:32 AM
Hi Richard! If you would like to just leave mine on the bar, I will collect it once you have moved away.

I'm very sorry to hear you have had the flu. There are a lot of nasty bugs going around and man flu can be one of the worst. ;) :p :D

davidpizzica
02-07-2008, 09:19 AM
RICHARD, welcome back to Thursdays. I've been holding down the fort bartenderwise in your absense so I hope I didn't mess things up TOO badly. A large cup of coffee will taste wonderful!

lvpets2002
02-07-2008, 09:36 AM
;) Yes Richard we missed you.. So sorry you had the flu.. Are you all better now?? David has been doing a great job bartending & holding down the fort.. Mix me my favorite please LIT.. Mario Mario please bring my drink over.. Not the beer.. Thats for the poodle at the bar.. I am overhere in a booth.. No mellows dont go in a drink.. :p Your such a goof Mario.. And as far as for Voting I am going to Elect Mario & put him on the Ballot.. :D

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/091.jpg

cassiesmom
02-07-2008, 10:01 AM
Just an iced tea while I finish cooking Mitzi some chicken breasts (her favorite!) we share ;)

sssssh, Mitzi, please don't tell Cassie that your hoomin is preparing chicken for you ... she will want some too! On the other hand -- it is the Chinese New Year today, so maybe take-out chicken is in order. She would love that!

RedHedd
02-07-2008, 10:17 AM
sssssh, Mitzi, please don't tell Cassie that your hoomin is preparing chicken for you ... she will want some too! On the other hand -- it is the Chinese New Year today, so maybe take-out chicken is in order. She would love that!
Mitzi's not feeling too good right now (see Cat Health) so she get's anything her little heart desires.

gini
02-07-2008, 10:47 AM
Richard it's good to see you. Flu = no phun!!!

RedHedd - all of us will keep Mitzi in our prayers.

Just coffee this morning please - it seems to be a sober morning.

momoffuzzyfaces
02-07-2008, 11:06 AM
Gee, Richard, if we had known you were sick, we would have sent Mario over with some chicken soup!!! Glad you are back with us. :)

smokey the elder
02-07-2008, 03:15 PM
In honor of Chinese New Year, I'll make some Kung Pao Chicken. That'll clear out your sinuses for sure. It's HOT! :D

Killearn Kitties
02-07-2008, 03:17 PM
Oooo what a good idea! I'll have some of that chicken too please.

Has no-one come looking for those missing ballot papers yet? I thought we might be raided! :eek:

gini
02-07-2008, 03:27 PM
O.k. - I would like some of the Kung and chicken - but you could skip the pao - it is just too hot for my taste.:D

RICHARD
02-07-2008, 06:41 PM
Thanks everyone.

There is a saying in espanol....loosely translated it says, "my whole life hurt".
I couldn't get warm, my knees, head and chest hurt and any move I made sent me into leg cramps.

Let's see if we can get this Thursday rolling?

KK, Tea and bourbon?

DONE!

David,

Thank you for your service!

One coffee? DONE!

LP,

One LIT Thanks and remember to vote wisely!

DONE!

CM,
Some chikin? DONE!

RH.

Prayers to Mitzi!

DONE!

Gini,

THanks for your good thoughts.

I do have part of my boyish figure back....not a great way to loose weight... :eek:

MOFF,

Since us and primates share some same traits I would have gotten the little bugger sick! :eek:

STE,

Kung Pao! That sounds great! Scorch my sinuses, please!

momoffuzzyfaces
02-07-2008, 07:14 PM
Richard, Mario is a fast little stinker. He could probably out run any germ looking for him! :D

Lady'sOtherHuman
02-08-2008, 03:56 PM
Richard glad to see you back, I hope you're feeling a whole heck of a lot better. Could I have a hot cocoa with some peppermint schnapps please? It's been a long couple of weeks. Everyone here has been sick. And everyone is starting to feel better finally.

Killearn Kitties
02-09-2008, 08:32 AM
Oh dear! Sending healthy vibes to all you sick people. Why don't I get the cocoa on since I feel fine. Hot drinks and soup available all day! Hope you all feel better soon.

Randi
02-09-2008, 09:41 AM
Karen, I'll help you, you attend to the cocoa, and I'll get on with the soup... Jerusalem Artichoke soup. ;)

Hope you sick people feel better soon! :)

momoffuzzyfaces
02-09-2008, 01:42 PM
My back and knees are extra bad today so I don't feel like moving around much. Mario will you bring me some soup please?

No, I don't need you to feed me but thanks for the offer! ;)

davidpizzica
02-09-2008, 04:34 PM
Karen, I'm just getting over a cold so I can sure use a big mug of hot chocolate with 'mallows in it. Mario, please don't slam-dunk the 'mallows in to my mug! MOFF, I hope your knees and your back are feeling better.

Killearn Kitties
02-09-2008, 05:16 PM
Oh dear! It sounds as though everyone needs comfort food tonight. The soup is wonderful Randi!

MOFF, I can deliver yours to you on you seat by the fire. Just you shout if you want anything else. No need to move.

David, a big hot chocolate for you with lots of mallows. You put your feet up by the fire too!

davidpizzica
02-09-2008, 05:51 PM
I'll do that, Karen. First I'll get Orc to add some wood to the fire. Look, the orange kitty just jumped into my lap!

RedHedd
02-10-2008, 02:54 PM
Well Mitzi is finally better - she turned her nose up at the chicken soup tho - silly cat. She woke me around 3:00 a.m. with purring head bumps and then proceeded to let me know how much better is by playing with her tail. Even if it had been a work night, happiness is a spinning cat on your bed @ 3:00 a.m. after she's drained your wallet from vet visits over the past week or so. She makes such funny squeaking chirps when she's this happy too.

It's a sunny day in San Francisco. Kung Pao? How about some pot stickers too? Gung Hay Fat Choi!

Killearn Kitties
02-10-2008, 03:06 PM
Oh I am so happy that baby Mitzi is feeling better! :D :D :D Perhaps she would like to sit in David's lap with the orange kitten? I'm sure David wouldn't mind.

davidpizzica
02-10-2008, 03:12 PM
Oh I am so happy that baby Mitzi is feeling better! :D :D :D Perhaps she would like to sit in David's lap with the orange kitten? I'm sure David wouldn't mind.
Not at all, Karen. Mitzi is definitely welcome to share my lap with the orange kitty. Thank goodness for the roaring fire! Right now in Pittsburgh it's 16 degrees with a wind chill of 4 degrees!

Killearn Kitties
02-10-2008, 03:19 PM
Oooooh that sounds awful cold David! You need a roaring fire and kittens to keep you warm! I dare say a couple of blankets and perhaps a whisky would not go amiss?

davidpizzica
02-10-2008, 03:25 PM
Oooooh that sounds awful cold David! You need a roaring fire and kittens to keep you warm! I dare say a couple of blankets and perhaps a whisky would not go amiss?
Karen, I'll take a couple of heavy blankets, those can keep me warm! I'll pass on the whisky, but a big, hot mug of coffee will do just fine!

Killearn Kitties
02-10-2008, 03:32 PM
A strong hot coffee coming up! Even a couple of marshmallows with it. :D

davidpizzica
02-10-2008, 03:37 PM
A strong hot coffee coming up! Even a couple of marshmallows with it. :D
Sounds great, Karen! The more marshmallows the better.

smokey the elder
02-11-2008, 10:44 AM
It was so cold yesterday Bosun sat in my lap, and she never does that! She's usually a Daddy's girl. :D

momoffuzzyfaces
02-11-2008, 12:31 PM
Hot chocolate with lots of 'mallows' for me please.

We had the oddest weather this morning. We had light freezing rain over night then thunder, lightening, and SLEET this morning!!! Never have seen THAT before! At least it was too cold for tornadoes.

The ground is white with sleet, not snow. It may warm up to freezing today if we are lucky. :eek: