PDA

View Full Version : What breed?

Chinadoll
08-16-2002, 02:28 PM
http://a5.cpimg.com/image/79/88/12051065-36e2-01CE0200-.jpg

Since Bixby is now staying with me permanently(sp?), I was curious as to what type of breed he is. He obviously some type of long hair. No he's not purebred, probably a dilute of a long hair breed, but could y'all give me an idea of what he most closely resembles? My friend said persian, but I don't think he has a persian face. He's all white with black splotches? Does he resemble any breed or is he just my adorable long haired mutt? Thanks

catland
08-16-2002, 03:38 PM
Maybe part Turkish Van?

Vermontcat
08-21-2002, 09:56 PM
Chinadoll, I think he may be somewhat similar to Tina's Fuzzy Wuzzy. I know you posted over there earlier, I did too. Maybe you can ask her what her cat is and see if Bixby may end up with a puffy tail too! Why don't you go check out that thread again, I think it was in Cat General.

krazyaboutkatz
08-25-2002, 11:40 PM
I agree with Vermontcat. I think he looks a lot like Tina's Fuzzy Wuzzy. Whatever breed he is he's going to turn into a beautiful cat. :)

wayne0214
08-29-2002, 12:37 PM
Chinadoll, it appears to me that he may not be any special breed, that is, enough to display any kind of specific breed-features about him. I have a tortie (which is not a breed) named Pepper. She is a long(er) haired kitten, but does not possess any special breed characteristics, except her size, which I attribute to having some Maine Coon in her. I am thinking that Bixby is a typical domestic long-hair kitty, and a very pretty one at that.

...........wayne

Uabassoon
09-06-2002, 02:07 AM
She looks like a domestic long hair with van (spots) markings. It fun to wonder what they will look like when they get big. Tibby is really fluffy and I can't wait to see her all grown up with all that hair. I've never had a long hair cat before.

AvaJoy
09-08-2002, 08:58 PM
Could have "Van" blood, due to the typical beret he is wearing, but more than likely he looks to me to be a cow-kitty (like my Debra) . . . but predominantly white, which is rarer . . . what a cutie!!!:)