PDA

View Full Version : Rehoming Brody? Updated #18

Pawsitive Thinking
02-05-2008, 03:57 AM
Sadly having to give this matter some serious consideration :(

Short version: we had overnight guests so she couldn't have access to "her" room, hubby let Archie into the garden, Archie caught Brody and hubby had to prise his jaws apart to make him let go :eek: Brody ran off (can you blame her) and although she was miaowing outside "her" window this morning I haven't been able to check her over for damage.

It breaks my heart to even have to think about giving up my baby girl but ultimately it has to be what is best for her that matters. Do you think she would be able to settle in another dog-free home? Is there anyway round this? Any thoughts, ideas, tips and advice would much appreciated

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-05-2008, 04:35 AM
Oh no....... poor Brody..... ! She must have been so scared.... :eek: :(
Is that spare room the only room she can stay in ? Isn't there any other room available when you have overnight guests? Maybe your room???
I hope you can find a solution, because having to rehome Brody would be so hard for you... .

jenluckenbach
02-05-2008, 05:23 AM
Didn't you have Brody BEFORE Archie??

kittycats_delight
02-05-2008, 05:35 AM
I am sorry to hear about the incident with Archie. I hope Brody is not injured.

With all due respect here it seems the problem lies with Archie. Brody does have these problems with Toby right? I know it is a difficult decision and all but seeing Brody was in the picture before Archie and there were no problems I think it is unfair that Brody should have to be the one kicked out of her home and have to adjust to a new one. She didn't DO anything wrong. I really am sorry but I think I would be trying to see if there is anything I could do to help curb Archie's 'issue' with Brody and if all else failed then I would move on to a more 'permanent' solution.

Pawsitive Thinking
02-05-2008, 05:56 AM
I am sorry to hear about the incident with Archie. I hope Brody is not injured.

With all due respect here it seems the problem lies with Archie. Brody does have these problems with Toby right? I know it is a difficult decision and all but seeing Brody was in the picture before Archie and there were no problems I think it is unfair that Brody should have to be the one kicked out of her home and have to adjust to a new one. She didn't DO anything wrong. I really am sorry but I think I would be trying to see if there is anything I could do to help curb Archie's 'issue' with Brody and if all else failed then I would move on to a more 'permanent' solution.

Going to give her a thorough checking over tonight.

It's not just Archie - I know Tobey would do the same given half a chance. You do make some brilliant points though which I will be discussing with hubby later - I don't see why she should lose her home either. Maybe the dogs have to be shut away so Brody can have some Brody time with us...........

Scooter's Mom
02-05-2008, 06:38 AM
Please make sure Brody is alright. I pray that she is not injured because an injury left overnight can certainly get infected quickly.

Pawsitive Thinking
02-05-2008, 06:54 AM
Please make sure Brody is alright. I pray that she is not injured because an injury left overnight can certainly get infected quickly.

She is first on my list when I get home tonight. Going to fight my cat's corner and teach those darn dogs that it is her home too

Randi
02-05-2008, 07:15 AM
I think it would be unfair to find another home for Brody, it's my impression that she was there first. I really hope she's not badly injured! Can you keep her in your bedroom for now?

How long have you had the dogs? Perhaps you could work with them, so they all could learn to live with each other.

Good luck!

Pawsitive Thinking
02-05-2008, 08:36 AM
Thanks for all your input. All I want to do now is rush home to my pusscat and tell her that everything is going to be okay

moosmom
02-05-2008, 08:48 AM
Brody was there first. It seems unfair that Brody should have to leave. I do hope she's okay. Please let us know. And for the record, it is MY opinion that I've posted.

A few years ago I had to rehome one of my cats because he was tormenting my Casey "Bubba Dude". Casey was there looooooong before Tucker, so I gave Tucker to my friends Mike and Carolyn Kodas. He is the only cat and happy as a clam, living in a 3 story Victorian house with lots of hidey holes, a beautiful yard to hang out in, and two people who adore him.

Please think twice about rehoming Brody. If I lived closer I'd take her. I hope you know that.

Pawsitive Thinking
02-05-2008, 08:52 AM
If I lived closer I'd take her. I hope you know that

Thanks Donna - I know you would take her like a shot :D

However, my mind is made up and Brody is staying!!! I am going to make sure that she is never put in this position again.

moosmom
02-05-2008, 08:58 AM
YAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!! Give Brody scritches for me.

Pawsitive Thinking
02-05-2008, 09:00 AM
YAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!! Give Brody scritches for me.

Will do!

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-05-2008, 09:12 AM
Yippie For Brody !!!!!

kittycats_delight
02-05-2008, 09:14 AM
I am so glad you have decided to try to work out a way to get through this so Brody stays with her meowmie and on HER home where she belongs. Good for you.

Give that girlie some scritches for me too.

Michelle

catmandu
02-05-2008, 09:34 AM
Thats Such Sad News.
Some Dogs See Cats As Prey And Thats why They Will Be Agressive.
We Are Praying That Brody Is All Right And Theres Someway That You Can Keep Her Safe, And Reach A Compromise With Her Canine Companions.
Thank God, It Wasnt Much Worse.

Pawsitive Thinking
02-05-2008, 09:38 AM
I will be having serious words with the dogs when I get home :mad: They will learn given time and patience

Pawsitive Thinking
02-06-2008, 03:44 AM
Was starting to think that Brody had taken the decision out of my hands as she did not come home yesterday evening. :eek: I went up to her room at regular intervals to call her but nothing :(

However, when I woke up this morning she was back!!! She is a bit subdued but otherwise unharmed and very pleased to see me :D

Will try to get a few pics of her when she has had a quiet few days to get over things

Lilith Cherry
02-06-2008, 03:52 AM
I am relieved to hear Brody is back and ok! I hope you can work out a compromise between her and the "terr(i)ers! Give them all a petting from the "expat".

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-06-2008, 04:35 AM
That is great news!!! Let's hope that this incident won't happen again :)
What now if lady Brody wants to go outside now :confused:

Pawsitive Thinking
02-06-2008, 04:52 AM
What now if lady Brody wants to go outside now :confused:

During the day she has constant access to the back garden from her room - and the dogs cannot get to either! We have two stairgates to prevent them getting near her room

When they go out in the garden I will be putting them on leads and checking that Brody isn't there first

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-06-2008, 04:57 AM
Brilliant !!! :)

kittycats_delight
02-06-2008, 06:08 AM
So glad to hear that Brody wasn't hurt and that she is home again. It is great you have come up with a solution to keep ALL in their happy loving home and to keep all safe. Great Job!!!!

Sparklecoon
02-06-2008, 06:57 AM
Poor Brody. Maybe you should look into a behaviorist for the dogs.

Pawsitive Thinking
02-06-2008, 10:38 AM
Poor Brody. Maybe you should look into a behaviorist for the dogs.

Been doing a lot of research (beats working) so have a few ideas to try out but if things don't improve then I will certainly look into it