PDA

View Full Version : Godspeed, Daddy.

Twisterdog
02-04-2008, 11:45 PM
My daddy passed away on Saturday. He was 82 years old.

I don't know what will ever fill the hole he left in our lives, and in my heart.

He was the most plainly decent man one could ever hope to meet. The world has lost a great man.

I don't know how you go on without a daddy.

Karen
02-04-2008, 11:50 PM
Rest in peace, dear man.

As a daughter you'll go on, as we survivors do
As love is never lost, but lives on.
In every gesture you learned from him
In every inflection that you unknowingly adopted
In certain feature, or looks that you inherited
A certain curve of jaw, or cowlick you battle
And in every decent, kind moment
Part of him lives on in you
And through you, in lives of others
People die, but love never does
It lives on, as we do,
And the universe is a better place for it.

shais_mom
02-04-2008, 11:50 PM
please accept my deepest sympathy.
you and your family are in my thoughts.

trayi52
02-04-2008, 11:53 PM
Sorry to hear about your dad. I know it will be hard, I understand what you said about going on without a daddy, my dad has been gone 10 years and I still miss him. My prayers are with you, and your son.

Hugs,
Willie

ramanth
02-05-2008, 12:10 AM
:( :( I am so sorry for your loss.

captain
02-05-2008, 12:11 AM
I lost my Dad last year, and I know how are you feeling.
I am hear to listen and talk if you need anything - my ear is here.

{{{hugs}}}
Michelle

K9karen
02-05-2008, 12:15 AM
Comforting hugs in your time of great sadness.

I miss my dad every second of every day. He will always be with you. That's what dads do,

Catty1
02-05-2008, 12:24 AM
{{{hugs}}} I lost my dad 12 years ago.

As time went by, I wondered how I would answer the question, "Does it ever get better?"

I thought, and came up with, "No - but it gets different, and in that way it gets better."

In that first photo I can see a twinkle in his eye! Am I right in thinking he liked to clown a bit?

My sympathies in your loss...may wonderful memories bring you peace.

kt_luvs_kitties
02-05-2008, 12:24 AM
I am so very sorry for your loss...

You will never go on without your Daddy... He will be with you forever.

He was a very handsome man. May he rest in peace. :(

Cinder & Smoke
02-05-2008, 12:25 AM
So Very Sorry. :(

Take some Comfort knowing that Your Dad will be in the Company of all our
Beloved and departed Moms, Dads, and Pets at the Rainbow Bridge.

/s/ :( Phred

Glacier
02-05-2008, 12:26 AM
I'm very sorry for your loss.

carole
02-05-2008, 03:31 AM
What a beautiful tribute to your Daddy ,just reading your post, i am terribly sorry for your loss and i hope these words can bring you some comfort during this very difficult and sad time in your life, HUGS and thinking of you.

Lilith Cherry
02-05-2008, 03:58 AM
I am sorry Twisterdog, to hear about your father. He will always be with you and your son as a loving spirit.

Pawsitive Thinking
02-05-2008, 04:04 AM
I don't know how you go on without a daddy

The happy memories keep you going.

I am so sorry about the loss of your dad

Chilli
02-05-2008, 04:21 AM
Gosh, its almost been one year since my dad passed away, and everyday I ask myself "How have I survived this far without him? Without that big bear hug he gave me every day before he went to work?" I haven't found the answer exactly, but I do know it gets a bit easier after time passes... that is when you truly begin to cherish those memories and can smile again.

Your father looked, and sounded, like a wonderful man. This world will miss him.

You and your whole family will be in my thoughts. Good, healing vibes headed out for you all.

((((hugs))))

Randi
02-05-2008, 05:17 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. :( Losing a parent is one the hardest things in this world, and I hope you and your family will find comfort in each other in this sad time.

My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

(((hugs)))

Pam
02-05-2008, 05:57 AM
My deepest sympathy on your loss. My dad has been gone since 1981 and I often wish he was here to see some of the events that have happened since then. Some day we will all catch up with these wonderful people and pets whom we have loved so much and who have gone before. (((Hugs))) to you and your mom. She will need you now more than ever.

anna_66
02-05-2008, 06:02 AM
My deepest condolences on the passing of your dad.

He looked like a wonderful man.

Big (((HUGS)))
Anna

Medusa
02-05-2008, 07:12 AM
When my father passed, we lived in another state and so had to drive home to PA and stay in a hotel. As I watched all the hustle and bustle at the hotel, people going in to the restaurant for breakfast, others checking in, etc., I became angry because the world didn't stop. I felt "Don't they know that my dad died?" The anger was quickly replaced w/sadness at the thought of never again hearing him say "Aw, whaddaya worried about? It'll work out." As Candace said, it doesn't get better but it does get different. You and Dad will always be together in spirit until you can be reunited in actuality. Peace to you all.....

BitsyNaceyDog
02-05-2008, 07:39 AM
I'm so very sorry.

CountryWolf07
02-05-2008, 07:46 AM
I'm so very sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. *hug*

Freedom
02-05-2008, 08:14 AM
I am sorry for your loss. Your Dad will always have a place in your heart.

moosmom
02-05-2008, 08:36 AM
TD,

I am so sorry for your loss. I just now read this. I know what kind of a void it leaves when you lose the one real man in your life.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Donna

Ginger's Mom
02-05-2008, 08:58 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. Your father does look like a good man; a special man. {{{hugs}}}

Courtney, your post brought tears to my eyes. {{{Hugs}}} to you, hon.

Bengalz
02-05-2008, 09:12 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. Daddies are special - I lost my Dad several years ago after he suffered a long illness. My consolation was knowing he was in a better place and no longer suffering.

Remember all the special times and all the reasons you love him. He will be there for you always.

Hugs, Betty

pitc9
02-05-2008, 09:12 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss.

lizbud
02-05-2008, 09:30 AM
I am very sorry for the loss of your Dad. :(

AdoreMyDogs
02-05-2008, 09:51 AM
I am so sorry for your loss :( Your daddy looked like a darling man. My prayers are with you and your family.

Cincy'sMom
02-05-2008, 10:05 AM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Daisy and Delilah
I'm so sorry. He looks like he was a very fine man and a sweetheart. :(

caseysmom
I am so sorry about your Father, please except my condolonces. RIP sir.

dukedogsmom
02-05-2008, 11:24 AM
So very sorry. It is so hard to lose a parent. You do go on but feel some of you is missing. Your dad sounded like a wonderful man. Maybe he'll give you signs sometime, letting you know he's still with you. It's been almost two years without mine now.

Cataholic
02-05-2008, 12:09 PM
TD-
I am so sorry for the loss of your father. So very sorry.

gini
02-05-2008, 12:36 PM
My father used to call me "daughter" - and when he passed away in 1988 - it hit me that no one would ever call me that again. But that is what memory is for - I can still hear him say it.

In time - may all of the wonderful memories of your Dad fill your mind -and console you. His job is done - but he loves you still.

Logan
02-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Your dad raised a beautiful, sensitive daughter. I'm sure no parent could be more proud of their child than your dad was of you. You and your family are in our prayers, Twisterdog. I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Logan

WELOVESPUPPIES
02-05-2008, 04:40 PM
My deepest condolences to you and your family. ((hugs))

wolf_Q
02-05-2008, 04:42 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss. :(

Felicia's Mom
02-05-2008, 04:49 PM
I am sorry suo lost your father. May he RIP!

chocolatepuppy
02-05-2008, 05:05 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. :(

Alysser
02-05-2008, 06:20 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. :( (((hugs))) and healing prayers going out to you at this terrible time. :(

robinh
02-05-2008, 07:46 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my dad in 1974 and my wonderful step-dad in 2001 and I still miss them both. Your dad sounds like a great man to have raised such a caring child. You are a credit to his memory.

rosethecopycat
02-05-2008, 08:22 PM
Condolences to you and your family.

You will find your father, in yourself now. It's really quite amazing.

I lost my father in 2001, and on Christmas Eve, his birthday, we place a pumpkin pie on the dinner table and ring his antique school bell. We don't say a word.

RIP, sir. You were well loved and are dearly missed.

*LabLoverKEB*
02-05-2008, 08:53 PM
I am so terrible sorry to hear about your dad. :( :( My deepest sympathies...

Kater
02-05-2008, 11:42 PM
Lots of tears here. I am so very sorry. 66 or 82, it doesn't matter, it will always be too soon. You and your family are in my thoughts.

You will find your father, in yourself now. It's really quite amazing.

I have found this to be true as well. :)

cyber-sibes
02-06-2008, 12:19 AM
I'm sorry for your loss. Dads are pretty special people. He'll always be part of you. Karen's words were a beautiful tribute.

I lost my dad close to 30 years ago, when he was 58. I miss him now more than ever. It's a real blessing you got to be with your dad all these years. :)

krazyaboutkatz
02-06-2008, 01:02 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss.:( You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Twisterdog
02-08-2008, 01:03 AM
Thank you, everyone. Your kind words means so much to me.

Thank you all for your compliments about my daddy. He would have loved to read those. And for calling him "Sir" ... for some reason it just made me sob to see that.

His memorial service is Wednesday. I wrote his eulogy last night. That was so hard. I hope it is going to sound ok.

Logan - Thank you. That was a very nice thing to say.

gini - My dad used to call me that, as well. Seeing you post that was so incredibly sad. No one will ever call me that again, either.

dukedogsmom - I believe he has sent us several signs. :)

Karen - that was lovely, thank you.

Catty1 - Oh yes, he did, all the time!

Medusa - I understand that as well. How dare life go on?!?!

Moosmom - that is indeed a VERY apt description of our dads!

kimlovescats
02-08-2008, 10:28 AM
I am so very sorry! :( You could tell in his pictures that he was a sweet and gentle man! I know it hurts so very deeply and I pray that God will ease that pain and replace it with happy memories in time.

Hugs,
Kim

Barbara
02-09-2008, 02:35 PM
I am very sorry. The beauty of your parents that reflects the beauty of their souls lives on in you.