PDA

View Full Version : Reconnecting with Malone

Cookiebaker
02-04-2008, 09:37 AM
So, this past week, we have been horribly sick. Sick, sick, sick. First Lydia, then me, then Mark, then Lydia again....and round and round. And poor Malone has really been suffering in the attention and walk departments. :( Poor Puppy! :(

And in the last couple of days Mark has just been too sick to do *anything* with him, and so I have done 100% of his care since I've been feeling better. i took him for a long walk this morning, and I really realized how much I have missed connecting with him.

What I mean is, since the baby was born, our relationship is so different now. And I never meant for this to happen. Taking care of the baby is so time consuming, and largely all the responsibility of Malone has been taken over by Mark. I still love him, I still pet him, and play with him....but its different now.

It was sooooo awesome this morning to go out, just him and I....we went everywhere. Sadly, I can't remember the last time it was just him and I . I also realized that I really need to work with him because his listening skills are getting a bit rusty with me.

So, I have made a decision to make Malone & Mom alone time much more of a priority. I need it, and so does he.

Ginger's Mom
02-04-2008, 10:52 AM
Aw, it sure is nice having an opportunity to have some one on one time. :) I am sure it is difficult with a baby. But I am sure that Malone will love any time you can spend with him. Maybe if you have Mark watch the baby for 20 or 30 minutes every few days so that you and Malone can spend some time together, you will both feel much better.

ramanth
02-04-2008, 02:06 PM
Aww Anna. How nice that you got that time with Malone. I bet he loved it as well. :)