PDA

View Full Version : Cats that eat Garden spiders

marcae2000
08-16-2002, 01:03 PM
:eek:

My brother lives on ten acers and they have 3 cats that love to eat garden spiders. Does anyone know why? You don't see as many garden spiders since the cats discovered them..

Thank you!

NoahsMommy
08-16-2002, 03:42 PM
WAY TO GO KITTIES!!!! I absolutely HATE spiders...just reading your post gave me creepy crawlies!

I think cats are just drawn to anything that moves...they play with them and they eventually eat them. Yay kitties!! I know I haven't seen a spider in our apartment since we got Noah a year ago...cool. :cool:

krazyaboutkatz
08-17-2002, 02:59 AM
As far as I know, none of my cats eat spiders. I'll see one occaisonally and sometimes Storm will start meowing to alert me about one. I call him my bug alerter. :)

kohala
08-17-2002, 03:02 AM
I've seen her go after something, and the only bugs we seem to have here are spiders - long legs and widows. They don't seem to make her sick, but she definitely "plays" with them - whether she eats them or not I can't tell. Never found any left overs, though!

giztig2crazy
08-17-2002, 11:12 PM
my cat likes to chase after spiders but never eats them. he has eaten like, a thousand moths though! and a couple of flies. its gross when you see half a wing sticking out of his mouth:D

08-19-2002, 09:02 AM
Can I borrow your cats for sometime this autumn ?? Every year there is an invasion of those creepy monsters here !! yuck ........
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Former User
08-19-2002, 09:46 AM
EWWWWWWWWWWWW for spiders! I hate them more than anything else in this world! And am more than glad when C & K get rid of the ones that crawl in here. Not a nice sight though when Casper finishes a spider off and sometimes a leg is hanging from his mouth, ewwww

marcae2000
08-19-2002, 10:36 AM
Thank you for all the wonderful replies....