PDA

View Full Version : Molly & Ozzie met tonight!

KittyCrazy
02-03-2008, 10:41 PM
Well, we've had Ozzie for a full week now and he has improved SO drastically! He is very social now and even lets us cuddle him for awhile and his little purr motor never seems to turn off. :)

So, we've had him in our son's room since last Sat. and by Monday, Molly REALLY wanted to know who we had in there. Then tonight we let Ozzie out of the bedroom and put a baby gate up so he could only go in the family room but not into the rest of the house. I wanted to see how they would both so with that for now and then decide from there how much more and WHEN it would be appropriate to let them meet face to face.

Well.....they sat at the gate staring at each other and not showing any signs of animosity, so we decided to take the gate down and let Ozzie have free roam. It was AMAZING!!!! Molly seems annoyed that she now has a baby brother and pouted for a little but no hissing or growling. Ozzie isn't sure what to think since Molly is such a big girl....he wants to play with her but knows he might want to be a little cautious until she gets used to him. :)

I could have never imagined their introduction going so well! :) I hope they become best buddies. :)

krazyaboutkatz
02-04-2008, 12:29 AM
Thanks for the update. It sounds like things are going well.:) Hopefully they'll bond quickly.:)

emily_the_spoiled
02-04-2008, 08:57 AM
Hey, you never know how these things go. I had a pair of brothers who "broke down" the baby gate while I wasn't looking and took care of the introductions by themselves (without a hiss or squabble). :rolleyes:

I am really happy that your introductions have worked out so well.

catmandu
02-04-2008, 06:17 PM
I THINK A LADY CAT AND A KITTEN WOULD BE AN EASIER INTRODUCTION , AS MOLLYS MOM INSTINCTS MAY TAKE OVER. WE PRAY THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF A BEAUTIFUL FRIENDSHIP!!!!!
:cool: :rolleyes: :cool: :D ;) :cool:

Felicia's Mom
02-04-2008, 06:42 PM
I hope things continue to go well. Please keep us posted.:)