PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want to win the Superbowl?

momcat
02-03-2008, 07:23 PM
Hi all of our PT friends and my fellow kitties! It's a nice night here at my house. Meowmie, Soncat and I are watching the Superbowl game together. Sitting right between them I'm getting tons and tons of scritchies and lovies but I'm waiting for them to break out the munchie treats. Anyway, to all kitties watching the game with your purrents and friends...who do you want to win? We're cheering for the Giants and at half-time they look pretty good.The game is about to start again, let me know what you think. For those of you watching, please share with the rest of us what you're doing to get extra treats during the game.

Your friend,
Groucho

Grace
02-03-2008, 09:03 PM
Originally from Rhode Island, I wanted the Patriots, but it was not to be.

Oh well, two brothers winning consecutive years is kind of special.

KittyCrazy
02-03-2008, 10:31 PM
In spite of the Giants taking my Packers out of the Superbowl, I was still routing for them all the way and so happy for them that they got this victory! :)

Taz_Zoee
02-03-2008, 10:35 PM
I wanted the Patriots to win. Oh well. :(

orangemm
02-04-2008, 04:37 AM
I was cheering for the Patriots, but the Giants showed me that they really wanted to win!

It was a good game, at least one team didn't overshadow the other and run up the score. Kept my attention the whole time!

beeniesmom
02-04-2008, 07:46 AM
I was cheering for the Giants and am thrilled they won. I didn't think they'd pull it off. It was a great game. I know there were a lot of Patriot's fans here and I must say, your team is phenominal! I do think they were sore losers though.... they didn't even come out to shake hands or anything when it was done. It was so unexpected.

columbine
02-04-2008, 09:02 AM
I'm a Bostonian, but I don't follow football, so I was actually kind of glad the Giants won, because last time the Pats won, rowdies tore up the town and set fires. I guess I'm more interested in the lowercase game - there are some patriots down here who want to vanquish some giants, and there's a big playoff tomorrow at the polling place; but we don't get to see the big game until November!

Love, Columbine

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-04-2008, 03:05 PM
Dearest Groucho! I have no idea who will win, because I am not an American cat; but I am sure that your own choice will win!! Everything like you want!! Hey, can you play too???

signed: Inka

catmandu
02-04-2008, 06:01 PM
I Am Voting For The Found Cat Angel Pussycats In The Pet Angel Superbowl.
No Score Is Kept, But There Are Many Dazzling Plays By The Angels And Everyone Goes To The Banquet Buffet At The Innsville.
Its A Lot Less Violent That The Human Super Bowl.

momcat
02-04-2008, 08:07 PM
Hello my lovely Inka, It's so nice to get your message. American football is a strange game and Meowmie says she doesn't like it because it doesn't make any sense. Soncat loves football and the Giants are his favorite team. We all watched the game together because it was a really nice, relaxed family night and we had so much fun. I don't play football myself, I prefer to play kibble soccer. Basically what happens is two teams go on a big field with lots of lines across it and things that look like monkey bars at both ends of the field. A guy on one team gets the ball then throws it to another guy on his team. When he catches it, all the guys from the other team chase him then try to make him fall down so they can take the ball away. When someone from the other team catches the ball the guys from the first team chase him so they can make him fall down and take the ball back. Sometimes when a player catches the ball and falls down, all the guys from the other team lay down on top of the guy with the ball. The object of the game is for the player with the ball to run towards the monkey bar things without the other team making him fall down. If the player makes it to the monkey bar thing, he gets a touchdown and his team gets 6 points. Then a guy from the team that got the touchdown tries to kick the ball through the monkey bar thing, if it goes through the team gets one point. Sometimes when one guy throws the ball to another guy on his team, someone from the other team catches it instead. Then that guy gets chased to again make him fall so the other team can take the ball away. And so it goes until the teams run out of time. The team that got the most touchdowns wins the game.
Maybe next year I'll get tickets and we'll go to the Superbowl together if you think you would like that. With you I know it will be a wonderful time.

Purrs, headbumpies, kitty hugs and kitty kisses,
Love,
Your devoted Groucho

Jessika
02-04-2008, 11:59 PM
We were voting for the Giants all the way. I can NOT STAND Tom Brady.

There were some really AMAZING plays that happened on the field, though! Probably the greatest in football, imo. Like catching a football... on your helmet! And breaking away from the defense when you should have been down. AMAZING!!

Here's a video in case anyone is interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OIPdvCBewA

PLUS the Clydesdale commercial was the absolute cutest!