PDA

View Full Version : Recipees - fish

Randi
02-03-2008, 11:04 AM
I believe that most American's don't like fish much, but this recipe is yummy - just ask Sara and Don! :p And it's best to make it while your kitties are asleep far away in another room! ;)

So here goes:

Cod recipe

Fillets of cod
1 small onion
1 tsp of curry
1 tablespoon of flour
1/2 cooking apple
a bit of margarine
1 dl. cream (the one you can whip) or fat milk
1/2 dl. of dry white wine

Cut the cod up in big bite size pieces, grease an oven proof dish and put the cod in to cover the bottom (make sure your kitties are 2 rooms away!) ;)

Cut the onion in tiny pieces. Put the margarine (or butter) in a pot. When it’s melted, put curry in and heat for 2 min. Then add the onion and stir for 3-4 min. until they take a bit of color (not too much!) Then add the flour and keep stirring! Keep an eye on your fillets and kitties!!
Then add the wine (take a sip yourself) and also add the cream. Let it simmer for about 5 min. and stir now and again. Add salt and white pepper (black will be OK too).

Pour the sauce over the cod fillets and grate the apple over it. You can also sprinkle some parmesan cheese over.

Put in oven on medium for 40 min. Remember to take a look now and again. It’s supposed to go slightly brown on top.

Take another sip of the wine while you’re waiting! :D

Serve with potatoes or rice - and whatever veggies you find fit. :)

Sparklecoon
02-03-2008, 11:38 AM
I wouldn't say most Americans. That's a bit of a generalization. I love fish. Not much on baked cod (i'll have to try your recipe as soon as we finish getting the kitchen done) but I love fish-n-chips. Any fish I can grill is delish too! Mmmm I think I need to go thaw some salmon out now....

Scooter's Mom
02-03-2008, 11:44 AM
I love fish! My husband has allergies to it though - mental maybe! LOL - the mere smell of fish makes him start throwing up.

Thank you for the recipe. I will have to try it when hubby is away on a business trip (so the house can air out). :D

Edwina's Secretary
02-03-2008, 12:34 PM
We do love this recipe. Although I don't use cod (don't find it often in the grocery here!) I use halibut or talapia or any firm white fish. And I have used the recipe twice with skinless chicken instead of fish! Served it for a dinner party once and it was a hit!

Pam
02-03-2008, 12:46 PM
Sounds delicious! I think more and more people are turning to fish, due to the health benefits, and are getting away from red meat. Maybe it is just me and those in my age group who must watch our diets and cholesterol too :o . At any rate, I think I will try it. My only concern is the curry. I am really not a fan of curry. Does it come across strong in the dish?

Randi
02-03-2008, 12:59 PM
No Pam, the curry doesn't come across strong - perhaps use a little less. ;) I'm sure you'll like it! And perhaps put a bit of chili in too. I do that sometimes.

Btw, it it possible to get green chili (I prefer green to red) in USA, that are crushed into tiny bits, not grinded into to powder?

Sara, I have not yet tried with chicken, but some day, I may. :D

Edwina's Secretary
02-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Pam...I am not a curry fan either...or hot seasoning at all. It does not taste "hot"...just give it a nice color and a nice tang.

I don't add any peppers....but that is just me...

Randi
10-05-2008, 09:38 AM
Anyone for fish? How about some CLAMS! :eek: :D

pomtzu
10-05-2008, 09:46 AM
How about some CLAMS! :eek: :D

Steamed - dipped in melted butter please!!!!!!! YUM

Kfamr
10-05-2008, 09:48 AM
Odd, I had no clue that most Americans don't like fish much.

My favorite way to cook/eat fish is in foil, with choice of veggies/seasonings, on the grill.

pomtzu
10-05-2008, 09:53 AM
Odd, I had no clue that most Americans don't like fish much.

I think it's geographical in a lot of instances - people that grew up or live along the coastal areas seem to like seafood a lot more than the "inland" folks.