PDA

View Full Version : help

Genny
02-02-2008, 06:30 PM
I usually go to photobucket when I want to download pics but its so slow for me does anyone know of a different website i could go to??

krazyaboutkatz
02-02-2008, 07:08 PM
I also use photobucket but there are also drop shots, village photos, ripway, and zoto. Good luck.:)

Catlady711
02-02-2008, 07:25 PM
Are you trying to upload full size pix into photobucket? If you are then yes it does take forever. If you downsize them (or at least a copy of the pix) and then try to upload that to photobucket it is MUCH faster.

Genny
02-03-2008, 02:07 AM
Are you trying to upload full size pix into photobucket? If you are then yes it does take forever. If you downsize them (or at least a copy of the pix) and then try to upload that to photobucket it is MUCH faster.
they are ones off of my D. camera... :confused:

Genny
02-03-2008, 02:08 AM
I also use photobucket but there are also drop shots, village photos, ripway, and zoto. Good luck.:)

Hellow
02-03-2008, 12:04 PM
Digital cameras, depending on the megapixels, save huge files. They do this because they capture exactly what the camera sees in the exact same details. Upload speed depends on how large the file is. To change its size, go into Photoshop or GIMP if you don't have photoshop, and change its quality when you re-save it (change the format to .jpg or .jpeg if it is not already before you compress it). That should make the file upload faster. Or you could change the pictures dimensions, which will decrease file size too. .jpg or .jpeg are by far the smallest image files, whilst .bmp and .png being the largest.

Genny
02-03-2008, 03:01 PM
Digital cameras, depending on the megapixels, save huge files. They do this because they capture exactly what the camera sees in the exact same details. Upload speed depends on how large the file is. To change its size, go into Photoshop or GIMP if you don't have photoshop, and change its quality when you re-save it (change the format to .jpg or .jpeg if it is not already before you compress it). That should make the file upload faster. Or you could change the pictures dimensions, which will decrease file size too. .jpg or .jpeg are by far the smallest image files, whilst .bmp and .png being the largest.
alright thanks~