PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using Safari?

Randi
02-02-2008, 10:43 AM
I am - and I haven't been able to log on to Photobucket for months now. :( As you all know, Imagestation had closed down, so there aren't that many options for people on a Mac I guess.

In october, I changed my ISP, but as far as I remember, the problems started before that.

When I disable Java Script, I can get on the site, but still not upload or view other people's images or video's.

I wonder if it could have anything to do with Proxies? I don't really know much about this, so if anyone have suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them. :)

Karen
02-02-2008, 11:07 AM
I am using Safari, and am on a Mac, just joined Photobucket to test it for you, and it works fine ....

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj234/KarenPet/BlondeChild.jpg

Just a photo from my basement, maybe Great Aunt Florence ...

Chilli
02-02-2008, 11:16 AM
I am using Safari, as well.
I messed around on Photobucket this morning and had no problems with logging in.

Suki Wingy
02-02-2008, 05:50 PM
I've been using photobucket on safari with no problems for a year now.

Hellow
02-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Firefox by Mozilla is more secure, faster, and smaller than Safari. I use it on all my computers, and i love it. You can add extentions to it, and best of all its free :) (Computer geek talking lol). Check it out at http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

jennielynn1970
02-02-2008, 06:07 PM
I've been using Mozilla's Firefox for about 2 years. I used Safari prior to that, but I like the options and the speed on Firefox better. I also use Mozilla's Adium program to access all my messenger programs as well.

Hellow
02-03-2008, 11:55 AM
Yea i love firefox cause it loads soo fast. And its secure, but you dont really have to worry about security in linux aside from hackers.

Catty1
02-03-2008, 02:54 PM
You might want to get a portrait of what is going on inside your computer. If it a PC, go to www.everest.com

For a really DETAILED pic of the cyber-innards, try www.belarc.com

If you have a Mac - I think you could try those programs - but otherwise, go to Applications in the Utilities folder.

(Thanks to all PTrs who gave me the above info...see? I was listening! ;) )

Grace
02-03-2008, 03:06 PM
I'm a Mac lover/user, with both Safari and Firefox. Never have had any problems with Photobucket and Safari.

Hopefully you can get it straightened out without too much trouble.

Barbara
02-03-2008, 03:20 PM
In the office the kids all prefer Firefox on Mac to Safari- don't know why- but they do it ;)

prechrswife
02-03-2008, 07:02 PM
I use Safari and Photobucket, and the only time I've had an issue was with trying to put a slideshow on my blog. It wouldn't let me give it a title in Safari, so I had to redo the whole thing in Firefox. Other than that, I haven't had any issues.

Randi
02-04-2008, 09:35 AM
Thanks for our inputs. :) I'm begining to think it's something other than Safari - or perhaps I need to update it. I have version 1.3.2 on my Mac and I know there's a newer version out there.

Karen, do you have Plug-inns, Java and Java Script enabled?

Funny thing is, I could not view Africam last year - now I can!

- but otherwise, go to Applications in the Utilities folder.
LOL! I'm sure you meant the other way around. ;) Well, I run Disk Utility now and again, and recently I ran Disk Warrior.

It could perhaps have something to do with my new ISP, but then, I changed in October. Hmm!

Grace
02-04-2008, 09:49 AM
Thanks for our inputs. :) I'm begining to think it's something other than Safari - or perhaps I need to update it. I have version 1.3.2 on my Mac and I know there's a newer version out there.

I have Safari 2.0.4 on mine. I know there is a newer version than the one I have - but my OS is 10.4.9, and I don't plan to go higher until the bugs are worked out of Leopard.